Steakhouse Specials

Jimmy Geegitz

Oh, have they cut way down on the weight of the lobsters served in the CG?

No, they used to feature live Maine lobsters in the Crown Grill.

Now they just serve tails; but they were very good last week on the Golden and you may have all you like.

Mike:)

Wow no charge for the lobster. I must have hit the wrong ship. Last time on Golden was charge a second entrée for the lobster. Thought it odd as had done this before with no issue. Maybe should have asked it wasn't even good lobster :(. Will try again on Regal in the fall.

Thanks

Never heard that one before.

Interesting comments on here regarding the Carnival Steakhouse v Princess, i've eaten at the steakhouse on the Sun, Caribbean and Sapphire and honestly, I was not impressed, where as with the exception of our last visit to a Carnival steakhouse (on the Dream) I have left impressed.

Now the Pinnacle Grill on HAL, that is fantastic.

Are you sure that was not when they had the lobster upcharge?

When was it?

Thought it odd also it was our 2012 trip and only remember because it was our first cruise after my taste buds were back to normal (during chemo everything was salty). Some things just stick plus it wasn't worth the extra charge. Live & learn speak up if it ever happens again.

Besides things change all the time looking forward to the steak house on the Regal (creamed spinach yum).

Interesting comments on here regarding the Carnival Steakhouse v Princess, i've eaten at the steakhouse on the Sun, Caribbean and Sapphire and honestly, I was not impressed, where as with the exception of our last visit to a Carnival steakhouse (on the Dream) I have left impressed.

Yeah the ribeye on Carnival is really good.

Yeah the ribeye on Carnival is really good.

The ribeye on Princess is too thin if you like a med rare or rare steak.

Mike:)

Worth noting...

One can order an additional entree in a Princess steakhouse (IE. if one is wanting to order both a steak entree and a lobster entree) for no additional charge unlike that on Carnival.

Granted we've only tried one speciality (cover charge) steakhouse restaurant on Carnival, but even with the complimentary cheap promotional bottle of wine, we both were left less than impressed with the whole experience.

Not only was service rather poor, not being able to substitute a rib-eye for the filet mignon with the surf-and-turf w/out having to pay an extra charge (after having been used to my experiences on Princess) rubbed me the wrong way.

While the food was OK(nothing special..the filet was barely 2oz. FWIW), We left the Carnival steakhouse feeling that we had paid more for a lesser experience than what Princess has provided us in the past.

Yes, I normally order a fillet with Two lobster tails.....all for $25 cover charge

Has anyone tried the porterhouse? Is it nice and thick? I like my steak med rare.

A steak should be a minimum 1" thick to be cooked properly. Our last experience at Sterling was a poor rib-eye. Only about 1/2" thick. I sent the steak back 3 times and then they brought us a fillet which was properly cooked. Have a great cruise

[quote name='St Paul Girl']A steak should be a minimum 1" thick to be cooked properly. Our last experience at Sterling was a poor rib-eye. Only about 1/2" thick. I sent the steak back 3 times and then they brought us a fillet which was properly cooked. Have a great cruise[/QUOTE]

That sounds like the dining room's version of a ribeye steak. :eek: