Can this really be true??????

ellie1145

[quote name='NoahtheRed']Admittedly, making mobile friendly websites is hilariously annoying. It's like trying to catch a greasy pig sometimes because device and browser updates don't always play nice and can frequently cause issues on sites that are otherwise well constructed. You can do everything right as a developer, only to see a Chrome/Safari/device/whatever update completely wreck your work. It's frequently a mystery too because unless their web team has people doing mobile testing all day every day, they generally won't know until someone external reports it.[/QUOTE]

You nailed it. I have no knowledge of such things but my brother does. Works for a company that designs and manufactures DC power supplies of all shapes and sizes for the computer world. He is constantly working with the engineers to help create the proper power that they need. His job by description has nothing to do with compatibility of systems (I-pad vs. lap-top vs. I-phone etc..) but the people he deals with complain about it all the time. work for weeks to fix a glitch, it works and then someone does an update and all is in the wind. Must be frustating:eek:

[quote name='maywell']Fedex Kinkos? Staples? Walmart? Really, no place where you use a desktop computer for just 2 minutes?

I think a situation like this is a reminder why one should never truely get rid of a home laptop or a desktop....

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I would highly suggest that the OP steers clear of the using public computers to enter your most important personal information. You're disclosing your full legal name, address, phone, passport/govt issued ID #'s, credit card information all in one area.

Maybe the OP can use a work computer. Or at a family member or close friend's house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote name='swedish weave']The company I worked for had a system that accomodated customers worldwide. We would not even think about suggesting they use another type of device to enter their data for us. WE FIXED OUR SYSTEM !!!!!

NCL can do that also if they choose to .[/QUOTE]

I spoke with a computer expert on a ship (not working for the cruise line but a contractor working on the ship) and he noted that iPads have more difficulties than any other tablet. Some passengers were having difficulties with connections with their iPads while I had no difficulty with my Kindle Fire. The explanation was complicated but made sense at the time. Something about the way iPads save things that slows it down and causes difficulties (until everything is cleared).

Let's not blame NCL for everything. Obviously the majority of the folks out there are able to contact NCL and there are problems with iPads.

[quote name='Travelcat2']I spoke with a computer expert on a ship (not working for the cruise line but a contractor working on the ship) and he noted that iPads have more difficulties than any other tablet. Some passengers were having difficulties with connections with their iPads while I had no difficulty with my Kindle Fire. The explanation was complicated but made sense at the time. Something about the way iPads save things that slows it down and causes difficulties (until everything is cleared).

Let's not blame NCL for everything. Obviously the majority of the folks out there are able to contact NCL and there are problems with iPads.[/QUOTE]

It is not a matter of blame ! It is a matter of handling the customers needs.

If NCL is content to have a computer system that caters to a portion of their customers needs, that is their choice.

The system we developed is now being used in businesses all over the world and my responsibility during the development was to make the system "idiot proof". I did not accept mediocrity and that is what made the system a good one.

It is easy to accept less than adequate results and excuses, but that is not acceptable to a lot of businesses and/or people.

Its likely that the NCL site requires Adobe Flash, which is on the way out. HTML5 is the new standard that everyone is going to, and its 1000% better. Its not only Apple which has a beef with Flash, others do as well. Google/Chrome just announced that with the September update of Chrome, Flash will be turned off by default, and you will need to activate for every site required if you want to use it. So even Chrome likely won't support the NCL site next month. Flash is a resource hog and a security risk. NCL needs to get started and update their site. (I'm sure they are working on it.)