Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre

GeriatricNurse

Has anyone found that it is better to book the Movenpick yourself or go through HAL? The cost difference is considerable but sometimes booking through the cruise line is better. All opinions welcome

Paying twice the price through HAL is akin to burning money. We avoid cruise line transfers, hotels and almost always excursions.

When we stayed there quite a few years ago, we booked through one of the hotel sites that offer discount rates. The hotel was comfortable, clean, and convenient. We took the tram into Central Station or in the other direction for sight seeing..

Another advantage that no one has mentioned, was getting to the cruise terminal with luggage. We called down to the desk and asked for a bellman to come get the luggage. He took it to the cruise terminal for us. That was nice service and made getting to the ship very easy.

I booked the hotel myself and surely agree with others comments about the ease of getting to the Cruise Terminal. (Never thought about calling for a Bellman for luggage removal and then thinking he would take our stuff just down the street. Good idea!)

Only negative was what I consider the hotel's description of the Tram Stop location just in front of the hotel. Yes, it is, but one had to walk down the street, cross the street, and walk in the opposite direction in order to get to the Stop. That is not "just in front of the hotel" in my opinion. (Others on CC have disagreed with my description of this, but this is what my traveling companion and I experienced.)

Hotel's staff was friendly and helpful; food served was very good.

Thanks! What is interesting is that 1 night precruise booked through HAL is $300 more per night than booking direct with the hotel, but 2 nights post cruise is $200 cheaper booked through HAL than direct with the hotel. In any case, it is one pricey hotel

Thanks! What is interesting is that 1 night precruise booked through HAL is $300 more per night than booking direct with the hotel, but 2 nights post cruise is $200 cheaper booked through HAL than direct with the hotel. In any case, it is one pricey hotel

Location, Location!

We stayed 2 nights in 2016 . We booked the Executive level via a major online travel site. Our room overlooked the port. Executive level includeD an evening cocktail hour and the lovely buffet breakfast with special seating area and special coffees. It is a less than 10 minute walk to Central Station and the hotel has a shuttle that will take you there if you don't want to walk.

Stayed there last August. Very nice hotel and a good restaurant. We had a room facing up river and were able to see the Koningsdam coming into the dock. It is, as said, very close to the boarding area.

If I could figure out to post pics I'd attach a few.

I booked the hotel myself and surely agree with others comments about the ease of getting to the Cruise Terminal. (Never thought about calling for a Bellman for luggage removal and then thinking he would take our stuff just down the street. Good idea!)

We were pleasantly surprised when the bellman said he would take the luggage to the cruise terminal. We just expected him to take the luggage to the lobby.