Questions of RS & Speciality Dining

123Funcruiser456

We were on the Equinox as the programme was rolled out. We were told Bistro on 5 was free but we would have to pay for TuscanGrill etc. on the days they were open at lunch although they were free in the evening.

Did not bother us but I have seen others say the speciality lunchtimes are included........the roll out was disjointed in many ways. I would welcome a response back from any RS PH guests who have been on the Solstice (my next cruise) if they have actually dined at lunch in the specialities.

OP doesn't mention which boat she is sailing on. It would be useful if as many responded as possible from all the different ships to check if lunchtime dining in specialities is universally free for RS and PH or if does vary from ship to ship. I don't even know if I would use them, it is just nice to have a definitive answer!

We were on Millennium very early on in the roll-out of the new perks. Lunch was never in question in the specialty restaurants and we had two - one in Olympic and one in Qsine, both complimentary. We went to Bistro on Five on embarkation and was charged. We queried this, it was checked with Miami and we were reimbursed.

We will be in RS on the Summit (if that makes a difference), and it appears to be very confusing if specialty restaurants are included with this cabin category. X should be universal w/"yes" all lunch and dinner at any specialty restaurant is included - what is the difficulty......geez

Francis

We will be in RS on the Summit (if that makes a difference), and it appears to be very confusing if specialty restaurants are included with this cabin category. X should be universal w/"yes" all lunch and dinner at any specialty restaurant is included - what is the difficulty......geez

Francis

Francis

I do not see that there is any confusion. There is "unlimited specialty dining" for RS and PH guests. It is the same wording as for the Ultimate Dining Package which includes dinner and lunch in specialty restaurants plus any meal in Bistro on Five.

The only food that does not appear to be included [and, because of the lack of take up by Cruise Critic members, there have been very few reports to just by] is the Gastrobar a la carte food in the Passport Bar [Eclipse] and Cellar Masters [Equinox].

If there is any problem on board, just speak with the Michael's Club Concierge.

There were a few issues as the new perks were rolled out on each ship when neither ships nor guests were 100% clear as to what was included but there would have been many complaints posted on Cruise Critic by now if lunch was not included.

Edited by Project_gal

• 2 weeks later...

We were in a RS on the Constellation in April. We ate a lunch in Tuscan Grille and another in Ocean Liners. At the end of our meal in Ocean Liners, we were given a bill . I asked if it was included, told "no" and signed the receipt. Upon checking with Gareth in Micheal's Club, the charge was reversed.

I would imagine that all the kinks are worked out by now and that staff in the specialty restaurants knows of the new policy. Enjoy.

• 10 months later...

Francis

Was on Summit first week of June 2016. Only time we paid extra was in Tuscan and that was for the dried steak. On the menu it was listed as extra but I would like to recommend the filet mignon. In our opinion, it was delicious. Mostly everything on the ship is complementary including Gellato. Would advise to watch your Premium beverage package as some drinks are not fully covered under the plan.. Hope this helps have a great trip

Was on Summit first week of June 2016. Only time we paid extra was in Tuscan and that was for the dried steak. On the menu it was listed as extra but I would like to recommend the filet mignon. In our opinion, it was delicious. Mostly everything on the ship is complementary including Gellato. Would advise to watch your Premium beverage package as some drinks are not fully covered under the plan.. Hope this helps have a great trip

Wow...I didn't know gelato was part of the RS/PH benefits. We're in a RS in September and if I have complimentary gelato, I'm going to have to schedule additional visits to the gym!

Wow...I didn't know gelato was part of the RS/PH benefits. We're in a RS in September and if I have complimentary gelato, I'm going to have to schedule additional visits to the gym!

No, only gelato when served as part of a meal. From the gelateria, you will have to pay [except for the Elite coupon for one scoop you will probably be given as a perk for being in a RS].

These anomalies about included not included still keep coming up.

When we were on Solstice in Tuscan Grill our waiter was showing us the 'progressive' lunch menu. We were not really interested as we are light lunch eaters but asked out of curiosity if it was included in our RS and told a very clear 'no'.

Later during the cruise it came out in a conversation in Michael's....one RS couple had enjoyed a speciality lunch in Silk Harvest and been charged and another couple had enjoyed a speciality lunch and not been charged. When this was mentioned to the Michael's club host she reimbursed the charged couple. We were then told there was a charge for the progressive lunch but not for a standard lunch....as Tuscan and Murano were, I think, only part of the 'progressive' lunch on sea days to all intent and purpose they were not included!!!

Not an issue for us but for those who some days may want a more substantial lunch....Next cruise we will again ask the Michael's Club host for clarification.

No, only gelato when served as part of a meal. From the gelateria, you will have to pay [except for the Elite coupon for one scoop you will probably be given as a perk for being in a RS].

Sorry to dispute, was on Summit sailing first week of June 2016 in the Royal Suite and 2 scoops of gelato were complimentary for all in our cabin and not just once a day. Great unadvertised perk, and yes put on ten lbs . Still trying to take it off. The elite coupon as I remember was for one free scoop period.

Sorry to dispute, was on Summit sailing first week of June 2016 in the Royal Suite and 2 scoops of gelato were complimentary for all in our cabin and not just once a day. Great unadvertised perk, and yes put on ten lbs . Still trying to take it off. The elite coupon as I remember was for one free scoop period.

Just another case of inconsistencies across different ships.

Just curious how did you know about this benefit? Good to hear about the possibility.

I am on the Summit in a RS for the 10/16 Repo cruise. What other perks can I expect?

I have upgraded us for this cruise for DH birthday. He has NO IDEA!!!

Thank you,

Jodi