Pre-purchased Thermal Spa Passes

littleengine

Has anyone who pre-purchased their spa pass online before sailing completed their sailing yet? I'm curious how busy you found the spa to be compared to previous sailings when you had to buy the pass directly from the spa. Also, do you know if, in addition to offering them online, they were still selling them on the ship as well?

It was unclear when I press-purchased mine if the total number of passes being sold was staying the same (just being split between online/on ship) or if the online passes were in addition to the number that were normally offered on board (increasing the total number sold and making the spas more crowded).

I would also like to know how the people in the spa know you bought the pass online. Is there a place you get a sticker before you go to the spa or do they look you up when you get in there? thanks.

I would also like to know how the people in the spa know you bought the pass online. Is there a place you get a sticker before you go to the spa or do they look you up when you get in there? thanks.

I just got home from the Gem. I booked my spa pass online. I went to the spa on the first day and they had a list of all the online passes. They put a sticker on my key card. I had my printed receipt but they didn't need it.

It was never busy anytime I went to the spa. Maybe five or six people total in the pool, hot tub and loungers. I never saw many people waiting for spa treatments either. It could be that I just went at odd times, but I did go at a bunch of different times and it was never crowded.

1. Does the DAWN have a spa which has week long access like that on the Breakaway/Getaway/Epic/Escape? I am pretty sure it does not, just confirming. thank you.

2. Never pre-purchased, always bought onboard - never crowded.

1. Does the DAWN have a spa which has week long access like that on the Breakaway/Getaway/Epic/Escape? I am pretty sure it does not, just confirming. thank you.

2. Never pre-purchased, always bought onboard - never crowded.

Dawn has a thalisotherapy pool and hot tub. http://www.beyondships.com/NCLDawn-Tour-2.html

It is not quite the same as the water circuit on the newer ships, yet it is still very nice and enjoyable! There is also a dry sauna and steam room.

Also, do you know if, in addition to offering them online, they were still selling them on the ship as well?
On the Dawn last month, we pre-purchased our passes, but they were still on sale in the boarding terminal and on board well into the middle of the cruise. They said a maximum of 80 passes were available, but I don't think they sold anywhere near that many (I forgot to ask them). There were never more than 10-15 people in the spa area anytime we went, and several times we were the only ones in there. But if you are sailing in the wintertime, or on an itinerary with lots of sea days, I would expect it be more crowded.

I'm just back from the Pearl (to Alaska) and we pre-purchased thermal passes. Ditto what others have already said. We just stopped by once we boarded and got little stickers on our key cards.

And it was never really crowded for us either. Out of the heated loungers, one was out of order and there was still always one available within minutes of wanting one. Always enough regular lounge chairs too to enjoy the view. In the women's locker room, there was never a wait for the little hot tup, and rarely were people in the steam or sauna.

We spent about 2 hours each day in the spa, got to recognize the same 10-15 people and a few new/random ones each day an that was about it.

By far it was the best additional $ spent on the boat!!

We were on the Getaway in July, 2015 (25th). We had both spa rooms and non-spa rooms. Those who had the non-spa rooms pre-purchased the spa passes at a $20 discount ($179).

We went to the spa everyday during the cruise. After breakfast and again usually right before dinner. Each time never had an issue finding a cushion lounger to relax for 1 to 2 hours. There are about 8 of them in the front (view of the boat as it is sailing in front of you) of the boat and about 16 of them on the side. There are about 8 hot stone relaxers as well in the front and never found them to be really busy (always one or two open). The issue is sometimes some people think they can be reserved, but most of the time if the attendant sees the same towel there for more than 15 minutes, it is picked up. Most people understood that once you got there, you usually went ahead and sat down on them. My wife and I both used them, I thought they were good for say 10 minutes, but they are just hard - warm stones. I usually got the necessary heat and then moved to one of the chairs. You can reserve your cushioned chair when you got there by just putting your stuff on it. I never once in the 7 day cruise ever went in there and not found an open chair. The place is so pleasant because of no loud groups, kids or alcohol induced rowdiness. They also give you a brand new nice laundered house robe to use and bring back to your room. They also served flavored ice water (lemon or orange) daily in the spa with also hot tea.

Lastly, the restrooms/showers are really nice. I usually shaved and showed in there prior to going to the room for dinner. They have very nice rainforest shower heads with high pressure, plus the little wand head to get in those hard to find places. Very relaxing especially watching the water go by with the large picture windows in the shower area.

Cost, that is just a question you have to answer. They don't sell daily passes at the beginning, but do after time, but it all is based on the number of weekly passes they sell. To me, just getting the $179 paid for and not part of the weekly expenses just allows you to go at your time without having to wonder if it is worth it or not. I think the daily pass is like $59 a day or something.

Added:

Busiest time was for sure on the first sea day and usually between 1-3 pm you may have to look for a chair, but the therapy pool/saunas where never packed where you were trying to find a place. Saunas were never over packed and usually good place to find out what dinner places where good the night before.

Second sea day and third sea day was not busy. Port days (we did it once when we were in Tortola) there was nobody in the spa.

Mornings after breakfast (9 am to 12) was not busy. At night, we went once and had the place to ourselves.

Pre-booked spa for 8/22-8/29 Getaway. Nice spa, nice locker rooms (women), 3 nice showers, one changing room. Just walk up to spa desk on your first day and tell receptionist that you pre-booked. You'll get a sticker. Spa is open 8am-10pm, and it is beautiful at night.

I usually enjoy the spa when I sail and spend about 3-4 hours a day in it. This time, fellow passengers made it miserable. By the 5th day, I was so annoyed, I didn't want to go back. There was a fight over heated therapy benches, and steam room door was broken on sixth day. That was it. Worst spa experience ever. Hope yours will be better.

Pre-booked spa for 8/22-8/29 Getaway. Nice spa, nice locker rooms (women), 3 nice showers, one changing room. Just walk up to spa desk on your first day and tell receptionist that you pre-booked. You'll get a sticker. Spa is open 8am-10pm, and it is beautiful at night.

I usually enjoy the spa when I sail and spend about 3-4 hours a day in it. This time, fellow passengers made it miserable. By the 5th day, I was so annoyed, I didn't want to go back. There was a fight over heated therapy benches, and steam room door was broken on sixth day. That was it. Worst spa experience ever. Hope yours will be better.

Did you get the sense they had oversold it? What else were the passengers doing to annoy you?

If they do start overselling it, the whole point will pretty much be wasted.

Silly question: For the showers in the Spa....are the soap, shampoo and conditioner upgraded or just what is in a normal cabin shower?

I really hope they aren't overselling the Spa. Sorry you had problems with other passengers.

Silly question: For the showers in the Spa....are the soap, shampoo and conditioner upgraded or just what is in a normal cabin shower?

I really hope they aren't overselling the Spa. Sorry you had problems with other passengers.

Just the body wash / shampoo stuff. I had to bring my own conditioner. Also no washcloths.

On my GA trip in June the thermal suite was always lovely. Only rarely did I even need to sit directly beside another person on the padded loungers, and water features were never crowded. So I'm definitely interested in the poster's statement above. I remember thinking at the time "this seems too good to be true".

Thanks for the info!

I'm sooo looking forward to spending time in the Spa this Saturday...it's finally almost here. :D

Just the body wash / shampoo stuff. I had to bring my own conditioner. Also no washcloths.

On my GA trip in June the thermal suite was always lovely. Only rarely did I even need to sit directly beside another person on the padded loungers, and water features were never crowded. So I'm definitely interested in the poster's statement above. I remember thinking at the time "this seems too good to be true".

Do you think a day pass is available?

Only if they have availability, on a day-by-day basis, from what I understand. Just curious how much they are, but I've read $49-$59. We're not "spa people"...I find them somewhat intimidating :o, but the pool and heated loungers look lovely on the Escape. I'm sort of kicking myself for not booking a Haven spa suite when I had the chance :mad:...maybe next time.

Hi All,

Sorry to barge in on your post! I'm going on the Epic in December and obviously it wont be warm enough to lounge around the pool so I was thinking of getting spa passes. I've logged into our account today as its 99 days to go (Woo Hoo) and its show me the price but when I go to select them it says not available?! :confused:

I'm wondering is this because I only have an inside cabin and its sold to higher cabins first or because I haven't paid my cruise off in full yet?

Sorry its our first time with NCL so not sure how it works. :o

Also do you think the passes are worth it? (We have 4 sea days, 10 night cruise)

TIA x

I'm wondering is this because I only have an inside cabin and its sold to higher cabins first or because I haven't paid my cruise off in full yet?

I think you probably have to wait until 90 days out, like for dining/entertainment reservations.

How much are they offering the pass for on this cruise? A 10-day with 4 sea days is absolutely a "spa cruise" in my opinion! :)

I think you probably have to wait until 90 days out, like for dining/entertainment reservations.

How much are they offering the pass for on this cruise? A 10-day with 4 sea days is absolutely a "spa cruise" in my opinion! :)

ok I wasn't sure as its only started to show me the spa treatments from today and the shows are still grey (as I've got to wait for the 90 days)

The 10 night one is showing at £159.00pp