bring your own towels.

MikeyM

WOW! This thread is one of those that is so obvious a troll thread to start up some "BULL"! I expect to see this go on for pages all week long! The OP is probably sitting back saying.....Mission Accomplished! This cracks me up!

rotf.gif

AGREE....Hope he's enjoying his short lived attention he obviously can't get it elsewhere...sad really ;)

Thank you for a honest answer. I don't want to be rude to anyone, but is it really the standard of 1/2 hour? I plan on waking up early to grab a spot. I get taking a chair for the whole day, but leaving for a hour or two while I do something onboard seems very extreme.

That's an hour or two that one of the hundreds of other passengers who would like to use a chair can't. It is their vacation too.

Also in your first post is your assumption that I wanted to sit by the pool. Seems like alot of people calmed down after I said I wanted to be on the upper decks. Lots of selective outrage.

Likewise. I don't like to be around people who are so quick to pass judgement.

So most are wrong on here with there replies, well enjoy your cruise and I will look out for your colourful towel and throw it overboard :p

Edit: no mention of upper deck before I posted

Edited by tonkie

Hello All,

Can I bring my own towels onboard? I have some bright ones and think it would be a great way to know what chairs are mine after I goto bingo and such.

You can, but if the chairs are left unattended for a period of time, they might collect your towels. You should be able to get them back as they will stand out in the dirty laundry bin, or lost and found.

You may want to consider finding someone who is willing to sit in your chair until you get back. I'm sure if you ask around someone will sublet your chair while you are gone. Since you want to come back, I would take the time to print out the terms of using your chair, and get it signed.

Perhaps you could print signs that say "Chair out of order" and hang it on the chairs? I am not aware of any rule prohibiting this, but can not guarantee it is acceptable.

Have you asked if you can bring your own folding chair? Then you are 100% portable. This would also guarantee a seat at bingo. Again not sure if this is acceptable.

Could you convince an additional family member to come. Pay for their cruise in exchange for them staying at the pool and saving your chairs. This an expensive option, but guarantees chair availability when ever you want.

Similarly, you could pay for a suite, as they have preferred seating of some type.

Good luck at bingo and happy cruising.

If your kids are more responsible than most kids and actually take their towels back to your cabin, you will then be dealing with four beach towels that are wet and possibly reek of smoke taking up room while drying in your room. Doesn't sound enjoyable to me.

Editing to add: Oops, I hope I won't be responsible for this thread getting dragged into the "items drying on the balcony" topic :(

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

Again, go look at my older posts. Shame you judge so fast without knowing who you are talking too.

Not quite certain you know who you are based on your posts on this thread. No one is really judging you, just trying to understand where you are trying to go with your questions. Your towel would stand out like a sore thumb and would definitely draw the attention of a good pool attendant. I think you may need a good stiff drink or are seeking attention.

I think Mikey is having a bit of tongue-in-cheek fun with us. Or, at least I hope that is that is the case. The fact is that there are rude and ignorant people in the world. They believe it is perfectly acceptable and normal behavior to save deck chairs. They believe rules like no smoking on the balcony, no pets, no shorts in the MDR, or tipping the staff don't apply to them. I hope Mikey is not one of these people and is just trying to be humorous.

I think Mikey is having a bit of tongue-in-cheek fun with us. Or, at least I hope that is that is the case. The fact is that there are rude and ignorant people in the world. They believe it is perfectly acceptable and normal behavior to save deck chairs. They believe rules like no smoking on the balcony, no pets, no shorts in the MDR, or tipping the staff don't apply to them. I hope Mikey is not one of these people and is just trying to be humorous.

That's how I read the OPs post. Someone just wanting to have fun and wanting to see how many take her/him seriously.