Live from Westerdam!

bjarrett7

bjarrett, PLEASE!

Next time you post photos, especially when the thread gets to the next page, post the images vertically, not horizontally.

When you posted pics horizontally, you increased the page width by three times. Now it's necessary to scroll back and forth for every line in the text. That will be true for every post on this page.

It makes it extremely difficult to read now, and it was so interesting before.

It must be your computer. His pictures are very small and the text is all on one page without having to scroll to the right. :confused:

Edited by EbayCruiser

It must be your computer. His pictures are very small and the text is all on one page without having to scroll to the right. :confused:

No, it's posting the pictures image code horizontally, instead of vertically.

When images are turned off, the code appears. In this case, the code is strung out in a very long line, with no breaks. That makes the page three times as wide as it was before the code was entered.

It's a simple request, and shouldn't be hard to do in the future to make the thread easier to read.

No, it's posting the pictures image code horizontally, instead of vertically.

When images are turned off, the code appears. In this case, the code is strung out in a very long line, with no breaks. That makes the page three times as wide as it was before the code was entered.

It's a simple request, and shouldn't be hard to do in the future to make the thread easier to read.

I guess I'm just not seeing that. I don't have images turned off, though.

Thank you for the pictures. They are awesome. If I ever make it back to Alaska, I will have to consider that tour.

And Ruth.... I too have no problem with the way the pictures are being posted. No having to slide the cursor to read and see everything. Wish I could help you, but no computer nerd here. Just know enough to get around.

Thanks for the pictures. Another computer nerd who is thankful not to have any problems with the text and the small thumbnails. Cuz, if I had problems, I wouldn't know what to do.

I am really enjoying your 'live from' report.

Edited by retiredkid
hit post button in error. lol

And Ruth.... I too have no problem with the way the pictures are being posted.

It was just a request---in the future---to put the pictures vertically instead of horizontally. We're almost on to a new page now, and the problem will resolve itself. That is, unless pictures are strung out again.

It was the image code for so many pictures strung out, with no breaks, that caused it.

Ruth,

I am with you on this one! Screen width was just fine for the first few posts and suddenly it went off the page on the right end - had to use the bar to read the whole line.

Now, reading "down" while writing this entry the margins are just fine once again. Oh the mysteries of computers.

Ok... Wish me luck that I don't botch this one! Our day at glacier bay was spectacular.

We opted for room service for both breakfast and lunch... We had such amazing views from my our balcony that I didn't want to miss a thing. We did venture down to the bow for HAL's renowned pea soup about mid morning. It did not disappoint. Interesting fact, we could here the park ranger's narration from our balcony which is 6072. We could not here the TV so thankful we were able to follow along and still enjoy our lovely balcony.

I would like to mention that the entertainment has bee great so far. We saw the "Love" show last night and it was great! BBKing blues is also a hit. I think we have heard them twice and still not tired of them . [emoji41] I wasn't sure how the entertainment would compare to NA but I might give the Westerdam the edge... Actually, I'd give it the edge on everything... ESPECIALLY the service!

I was sure that glacier bay would be the highlight of our trip... But then there was Sitka! TBC...

Please let me know what if this post works better.

Were you meaning to attach photos? No photos. I like it fine the first way you posted so obviously you can't please everyone.:D Looking forward to your next report. I found it interesting you gave the edge to the Westerdam over the NA - I love the W'dam, that was my last cruise, and my next one is the NA.

great updates - thanks so much. And I agree with you - Westerdam always has the edge when I have been on her.

enjoying your live thread. thanks so much for taking the time to share with us :)

Thanks for your review of the Westerdam. I can't wait to sail on her in Jan. We were not big fans of our NA cruise even though we were really looking forward to it. Something just seemed off on it. We did purchase a Lido Cabana and enjoyed that aspect.

Thinking of purchasing the Hydro Pool Package for the week.

It's hard to put into words how wonderful this cruise has been! Just when I think that one day will be the highlight of the trip, there's another day that is the same or better!

Now before I write about our day in Sitka, I need to give a disclaimer... It was one of the sunny days. Our guides told us that it rains 300 days out of the year! But our day was sunny, clear and spectacular! It gives a new meaning to the song "on a clear day"

I loved tendering in Sitka because the ship was surrounded by the beauty of this place... Beautiful islands, bays, volcanos, sea otters, Eagles and whales... All of which you could spot from the balcony! I truly could not get over the beauty of this place!

ImageUploadedByForums1441292574.011580.jpg.17b4b92cd4056f16cb300f61dc056849.jpg