Live from Westerdam!

bjarrett7

We saw the show "Ever After" last night and it was fantastic. I was extremely impressed with the set and lighting. Both the singing and dancing were great. Both myself and DH were theater majors in our undergrad studies. I highly recommend this to s show! [emoji445]

A word on the "pre made" sandwiches. On our day in Juneau, we wanted to grab a quick bite before our excursion. So we grabbed a pre made sandwich from the Lido. There were also made to order sandwiches as well but we were in a hurry so this worked well for us. Our pre made was great! I am picky about freshness so for all of you who were worried about this... I wanted to assure you that the pre made was super fresh! It could not have been made more than an hour before. It was also in a refrigerated section. So it was extremely handy for our situation!

It's been a good last day... If there can be a good last day. I took advantage of a special offer in the Spa and had a massage and facial. That was wonderful.

We opted to grab one last dog and burger from the dive in which were great! IMHO, HAL wins best burger award compared to Disney and Celebrity. Actually, I still think HAL has awesome food! We did not have a bad meal in the entire cruise!! Granted, we were in specialty restaurants 4 out of 7 nights, but my DH and I both agree that the food was great everywhere on the ship. I especially appreciated how fresh and delicious the salads were.

We enjoyed our evening in Victoria. We opted to grab a map and walk the city which was easy and lovely. We saw beautiful gardens, very cool houseboats, totem poles, bag pipe players, the majestic architecture of the legislative buildings, bustling harbors, horse drawn carriages and a magnificent Sunset.

We returned in time to have a late dinner in the MDR which was surprisingly fabulous! We ordered a dessert cheese plate and finished it in our room with a bottle of wine on our balcony overlooking Victoria's Harbor. It was a good day!

Our bags are packed and sitting outside our door along with our final room service breakfast order. Sad to be leaving the Westerdam but looking by forward to our next adventure on her in January.

Edited by bjarrett7

Thanks for taking us along- really helped morale here getting thru the tough last weeks before a cruise. So glad you had such a wonderful time and excited to hear that our old friend Clifford is still on board- we will definitely request his section.

We'll be on Westerdam next Saturday- cant come quickly enough! How come it takes so long before the cruise and then goes by so quickly on board? Just not fair :)

Safe travels home!