Teppanyaki

Mr and Mrs C

YES, we too returned from Breakaway recently, our table had 8 people at Teppanyaki, the chefs were amazing and entertaining. We enjoyed this specialty restaurant the best. Moderno's was disappointing, we had late reservations and maybe that was the reason, just not impressed. Cagney's also a bit disappointing. We cancelled our La Cucina reservation and went to Manhattan Dining room, had the UDP but we liked the service MUCH better in the Manhattan Dining room with 2 special waitresses there.

That would take care of 16 of their 18.

They regularly seat 10 people at the teppanyaki tables, not 8... so two times 10 = 20 people which exceed their need. However, it is very unlikely that this could be accomodated. It is extremely popular and books up fast.

They regularly seat 10 people at the teppanyaki tables, not 8... so two times 10 = 20 people which exceed their need. However, it is very unlikely that this could be accomodated. It is extremely popular and books up fast.

Interesting. I wonder if it varies ship to ship? If our 8 top tables had somehow had 2 more people squeezed there, I'd have probably just left. There wouldn't have been any room to move our elbows.

Interesting. I wonder if it varies ship to ship? If our 8 top tables had somehow had 2 more people squeezed there, I'd have probably just left. There wouldn't have been any room to move our elbows.

Yeah, it is definitely tight... but on ships with 4 tables that equates to 8 additional seats per seating...

Are the price went up?

We are 90 days away from our cruise on Breakaway and Tappanyaki is the same price as Carney's ($38 CAD, so $30 US + grat and exchage rate)

La Cucina is also higher priced than our last cruise last feb. ($20us + grats and fees)

We had 19 people with 2 chefs facing back to back on the Getaway. I think squeezing 2 people to make a table of 10 is not a problem with people that are in your own party. Agree it would be annoyingly tight with strangers.

You need to have everyone in your group book their reservations for the same time as soon as reservations open up. Then when you get on the ship, you need to go talk to the dining people so they can link all the cabins and names together. But they all NEED to have a reservation for that time, at least within a 15min timeframe because they can't give you a reservation spot if none are left.

We essentially had our own room. Just know that the restaurant can get pretty loud with all the banging of the utensils and what not, but it's a great experience.

I eat at the Teppanyaki restaurant at least a couple time during each of my cruises and have never been sat at a table set for 10, only 8. Seating for 10 would be very, very cramped, not something I would enjoy. Edited by NLH Arizona

Thanks everyone for your replies. Some of those in the group of 18 are children so a tight fit would be fine.

The $38 Canadian is bothering me more!! But it sounds like it is worth it.

If your ship allows you to pre-book on line, I would do it as soon as you can. If not, I would go right to the restaurant reservations desk (usually right next to guest services desk) as soon as you board, because the Teppanyaki restaurant books up very fast.

BTW, I think the food is great, especially the filet, and there is a nice show by the chef.

They regularly seat 10 people at the teppanyaki tables, not 8...
I looked up a few ships on NCL.com and the capacity of Teppanyaki is variously given as 96 (BA), 104 (Epic), 32 (Jade, Gem, Pearl, Jewel), 10 (Spirit), 18 (Dawn), 12 (Sun), 0 (Sky :D). Which suggests that different ships have different size tables. And that the OP should really say which ship they are sailing, because it makes kind of a huge difference! Edited by hawkeyetlse

Add on question- does every meal come with the udon noodles cooked on the grill? The kids and teen love those- would rather have that than anything else. Can they get noodles with any protein they choose? They like the rice too but love the noodles. Also, can they get extra noodles?

Add on question- does every meal come with the udon noodles cooked on the grill? The kids and teen love those- would rather have that than anything else. Can they get noodles with any protein they choose? They like the rice too but love the noodles. Also, can they get extra noodles?
Normally no (at least I've never seen them), the meal comes with miso soup, seaweed salad, vegetables, the entrée, fried rice (you can ask for steamed rice) and a dessert. You can ask about the noodles, if they have them there or in the Asian restaurant, I bet they would accommodate you. Edited by NLH Arizona