How To Organize Meet and Greet

koss78b2

What is a good way to organize a Cruise Critic meet and greet? vs just posting on the boards here. As in to get some involvement from cruiseline as well, eg reserve a room or a space, have them make name tags etc?

Just asking

What is a good way to organize a Cruise Critic meet and greet? vs just posting on the boards here. As in to get some involvement from cruiseline as well, eg reserve a room or a space, have them make name tags etc?

Just asking

Hi,

(1) One good way is to find your sailing ship on CC Roll Calls. Once you have done that see if anyone has the Meet Greet set up if not then Volunteer.:D

(2) Contact Carnival Guest Services and ask for a Meeting Place, a mic. and a ships Rep(Pursers staff.. Member of the CD staff to attend...ETC.. if you have a big group like 30 to 80 or more ...Stress that to Carnival....Dosent hurt to try...Maybe you can get a Senior Officer.... Also ask if you can gets some Freebees from Carnival to Raffle or Give out. If your Meet is not near a Bar ..Ask Carnival for a couple of Bar Waiters and..Follow up with Carnival the Week before the Sailing:)

(3) Try and set up some trips on some of the Ports...Tours By Locals is a Great Start...So is a Pirate tour in Barbados...20 or more gets you 20% off.

(4) Head to any Brand store or any Party Store. Party Stores have Great Ideas such as Specialty Beads. .leas....Id Tags ...Fun Things to give out at your meet.:D

(5) Be a CC Ambassador ......Ask your Group..to buy the CC T shirt and wear them to the Meet.. Also if your in a Open Space and there is non CC members Invite them on your tours and invite them to Sign Up with with CC so on there next Cruise they will be at the meets.

Hop all this helps!!

Mike

mpdog42

And if you are planning Cruise Critic Meet and Greet, please do all of the planning here on CC and not on another site, which I will not mention. Those of us that are not on the other social website get left out and lost when someone does all of the planning on another site, comes on CC and tells us what is going on. To me, that is not a CC Meet and Greet.

And if you are planning Cruise Critic Meet and Greet, please do all of the planning here on CC and not on another site, which I will not mention. Those of us that are not on the other social website get left out and lost when someone does all of the planning on another site, comes on CC and tells us what is going on. To me, that is not a CC Meet and Greet.

Amen! Agree completely.

A basic M&G can be set up here on CC just by discussing it on your roll call. It's an informal gathering and doesn't require Carnival to do anything.

I don't think the groups department will make any arrangement anymore unless you are doing a more formal paid for cocktail party.

Just agree on a place to meet, hopefully close to a bar.

I don't think the groups department will make any arrangement anymore unless you are doing a more formal paid for cocktail party.

Unless something has changed lately, CCL WILL provide a venue if you set it up with the Group Planning Dept. :)

In the Past when the Open Bar M&G's were reasonably priced, they would provide a venue and the Open Bar on $$ per person basis.

But, since they have doubled the OBP rates, I have attended a couple of CC M&G's in a venue of our choosing, with just wait staff and a couple of bottles of free ....er...dare I call it CHAM PAIN YA, mostly just bubbles....:D:D

At any rate, a simple informal CC M&G is best setup on the CCL Roll Call forums, and NOT the other place as a previous poster mentioned...:)

( I have attended one of those other M&G's, and found it a little more cliquey than a CCL M&G, but still enjoyable....IMHO:cool:)

• 4 weeks later...

We used to do the paid M&G when the prices were a lot less than what they are now. Since then, we just usually pick a place to meet like the aft pool bar for sail away. Everyone buys their own drinks and it's fine. Post it on your roll call.

Either way, Carnival will NOT make name tags for you. Neither does Celebrity.

I just read on another thread that J. Heald provided freebies for a CC meet and greet. Does anyone know if this is standard or how to make that happen?

Go to the Book of Face, and subscribe to John Heald's page. A few days before sailing post a message on his page with your ship, departure date, cabin number, and some details about your group and how many are attending.

When we did that, he gave us personally a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries, and 2 bottles of champagne and 2 ships on a stick to give away during the meet and greet.

You'll have to organize the meeting, run it, and request (formal written request to each officer works better than asking John) that staff members attend. Carnival will not provide food, drinks, etc.

Cheers!

Gayle

I have found that the less is more approach works best. We have posted on the CC Roll Call for our cruise where and when the Meet and Greet will be. If one wishes to wander in, that is great; if one does not, that is no skin off my nose. This takes about 30 seconds to organize.

Doc

I have found that the less is more approach works best. We have posted on the CC Roll Call for our cruise where and when the Meet and Greet will be. If one wishes to wander in, that is great; if one does not, that is no skin off my nose. This takes about 30 seconds to organize.

Doc

I agree.

It makes me wonder if the point of a Meet & Greet is to meet and socialize with other cruise lovers or to simply get free booze, food and trinkets.

It may be a Carnival cruise but it doesn't have to be like a carnival with free prizes to attract attendance.