LIVE from OASIS (Sept. 5, 2015) - Pics, Periscope & Prospectus

Does my voice sound low or are you not hearing any audio at all? Sometimes I talk low on periscope so I don't disturb anyone around me.

If you are not hearing any audio at all, make sure your phone is not on silent or vibrate and make sure the audio is all the way up.

And thanks for the nice comments!

Yorkvillian, I can hear other audio (like the waves or birds chirping) and I understand that people around you might run you outta there if they see you shouting at your phone but sometimes even on your balcony I can't hear you and my volume is all the way up.

Some beef thing in breadcrumbs that was deep-fried. It was on the beach menu but not on the restaurant menu. They served it to us in the restaurant anyway because they thought I was cooler than Fonzie.

image_zpsvwuw2yjc.jpg

Nothing like sitting at HH watching the world go by as you sit under their shaded patio area. Hands down my favourite place in St Martin.

As for the meat balls there are techincally called bitterballen. I was told that they are a traditional Dutch snack. They have an aquired taste, but are great with the sauce that they serve. Lisa tried part of one and passed. I on the other hand had to honour the Dutch and finished them off. I think you loved them as they contained meat usually beef and veal. :D https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitterballen

I am glad to hear you had an amazing day yesterday. Enjoy the last few days on the ship. From what I have seen on Ocean Weather it looks like the sea conditions are amazing as too.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Yorkvillian' date=' I can hear other audio (like the waves or birds chirping) and I understand that people around you might run you outta there if they see you shouting at your phone but sometimes even on your balcony I can't hear you and my volume is all the way up.[/quote']

Hmmm, ok. I'll try to talk louder. Thanks.

Nothing like sitting at HH watching the world go by as you sit under their shaded patio area. Hands down my favourite place in St Martin.

As for the meat balls there are techincally called bitterballen. I was told that they are a traditional Dutch snack. They have an aquired taste, but are great with the sauce that they serve. Lisa tried part of one and passed. I on the other hand had to honour the Dutch and finished them off. I think you loved them as they contained meat usually beef and veal. :D https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitterballen

I am glad to hear you had an amazing day yesterday. Enjoy the last few days on the ship. From what I have seen on Ocean Weather it looks like the sea conditions are amazing as too.

Bitterballen! That's it. I couldn't remember the name.

And thanks for all the HH tips. Love it.

We also went to the Diamond Lounge for a little bit because we really enjoy listening to people talk about how important they are, how many cruises they have been on, how many they have booked, what Royal Caribbean needs to do to fix all the problems they have and why they are they are the greatest human being to have ever walked the face of the earth.

:D :D :D You just summed up why we pretty much never go there. The CL doesn't really suffer from this affliction.

Back on the ship we teamed up with Bob's group twice at trivia and both times we finished second. We also went to the Diamond Lounge for a little bit because we really enjoy listening to people talk about how important they are, how many cruises they have been on, how many they have booked, what Royal Caribbean needs to do to fix all the problems they have and why they are they are the greatest human being to have ever walked the face of the earth.

Dinner was at Giovanni's Table where we both had the 8 oz. beef tenderloin. It was very good and the bill was about half the price of Chops.

I may have taken a bite or two before I remembered to take a picture.

24F1E598-3220-4FA8-AE38-032E345737C6_zpsghuacvmv.jpg

LOL...

Diamond lounge crowded on this trip??

Enjoying everything you are doing.

Thanks for all you do. :o)

Yorkvillian, I just found this thread an hour or so ago, better late than never I guess, and I've read through all 300+ posts. We'll be on Oasis in 51 days, but who's counting? Love your sense of humor, and wish you were my brother.

Thanks for all the great pictures and commentary!

Bill

Hahaha, thanks. Maybe we are related.

Thanks for the great review - following you here and on Periscope!! Heading to St. Martin next week on Indy and was wondering if you went swimming at Holland House and if the water was nice...thanks!

Oh yes, we went in the water and it's nice. The water at Coki Beach the day before was a little clearer but HH is good too.

Another trivia contest and another Silver Medal for the Clarea/Yorkvillain Unified Team. Today at 5pm was the Broadway Tunes trivia contest where 12 out of 15 was just not good enough once again. It's a race against the clock for any gold medal hopes as the closing ceremonies of the Oasis 09.05.15 Olympic Games take place on Friday night.

CLAREA/YORKVILLAIN UNIFIED TEAM MEDAL COUNT

0 Gold

3 Silver

0 Bronze

Edited by Yorkvillain

Oh yes, we went in the water and it's nice. The water at Coki Beach the day before was a little clearer but HH is good too.

Thank you!!

Another trivia contest and another Silver Medal for the Clarea/Yorkvillain Unified Team. Today at 5pm was the Broadway Tunes trivia contest where 12 out of 15 was just not good enough once again. It's a race against the clock for any gold medal hopes as the closing ceremonies of the Oasis 09.05.15 Olympic Games take place on Friday night.

0 Gold

3 Silver

0 Bronze

Is Merion Mom on that ship taking all the Gold from you guys?!?! :D:eek::D:eek:

0 Gold

3 Silver

0 Bronze

This needs to be updated.:)

This needs to be updated.:)

Sounds promising.

Oh yes. Exactly one hour after I made that post, the Unified Team took part in and took down the General Knowledge Trivia at 8pm. Like Susan Lucci in 1999, we finally shed our bridesmaid image and stood on top of the podium waiting for the national anthem to be played.

However, RCI was all out of gold medals so instead we received some shiny zipper pulls?!?! I think eBay would ban me for life and press charges if I even attempted to try and sell these.

B9E0821E-207F-4386-A4F2-A5EFD5B7AC01_zpsqzpqfe6d.jpg

89DD3611-3B77-40CF-825A-9D0326221B14_zps4ujm5qrm.jpg

Edited by Yorkvillain

Day 6 Recap

You already read about the emotional highs and lows we endured at trivia. The rest of the day was a very relaxing and lazy one (as evidenced by my low Fitbit steps total for the day). We spent some time at the beach pool and later the solarium.

For dinner we went to the MDR where I had exactly one lobster tail. The tail was simply perfect if you think simply perfect means zero taste and you enjoy trying to cut through a thick rubber band.

The waiter asked if I would like a second one. I politely declined and said that I would actually prefer to go back to my room and try to cut through the elastic band on the zipper pull that we won at trivia.

802934F8-5673-4798-BC7A-DE0CED0A0815_zpswpiuomyi.jpg

Day 6 Fitbit steps: 7,307

The war on roast beef standings: Me 8, RB 0