Coastal Kitchens. What's good? What's not so good?

I never went for lunch and only once for breakfast. The French toast was good, but everything else was pretty average. I liked the lamb, the flatbreads, and the salads for the most part. I thought the lobster on formal night was the best that I have had. But I am not lobster expert by any means ;) I really liked that the food was hot and tasted fresh. That probably was the best part for me.

No reason for anyone to feel sorry. We found plenty to eat and both of us managed to gain a few pounds.

I'm sure our's is a minority opinion when it comes to Coastal Kitchens. We would have felt differently had there been more variety, maybe four menus rather than two.

BTW, I fully understand why CK is the way it is. It was to be a part of Dynamic Dining and was never intended to be the only dining venue for suites. It was expected that suites would also visit the other four venues and not dine exclusively in CK. With that in mind, the limited variety of CK makes sense. However, if CK is to be the regular dining experience for suites, then RCCI needs to evaluate the menus and expand the variety of items. Or, perhaps not if RCCI wants suites to only enjoy CK a few times on a cruise.

I was never under the impression that was intended to be the primary venue for suites. Think of all the pay venues as well

I was never under the impression that was intended to be the primary venue for suites. Think of all the pay venues as well

We did four specialty restaurants. Still, we would have liked to see more options in Coastal Kitchens.

Question: have you heard anything about other cruise lines coming to Port Canaveral? We're getting tired of the fourteen hour drive to Port Everglades. We will be doing Oasis, but it would be nice if Princess put a ship in Port Canaveral.

We did four specialty restaurants. Still, we would have liked to see more options in Coastal Kitchens.

Question: have you heard anything about other cruise lines coming to Port Canaveral? We're getting tired of the fourteen hour drive to Port Everglades. We will be doing Oasis, but it would be nice if Princess put a ship in Port Canaveral.

Just NCL. Spirit is arriving this weekend to start winter season and I think Epic arrives sometime next year. I would like to see Celebrity pick up the Saturday slot in Terminal 1. Looks like they are planning on opening surface parking to the east of the garage

Just NCL. Spirit is arriving this weekend to start winter season and I think Epic arrives sometime next year. I would like to see Celebrity pick up the Saturday slot in Terminal 1. Looks like they are planning on opening surface parking to the east of the garage

Celebrity would be nice too. I guess I'll have to research NCL. Not my favorite option. BTW, we really did enjoy our Oasis cruise. We were just hoping for more from Coastal Kitchens.

I do appreciate your answers to my questions. Perhaps we can meet sometime when we book our next cruise from Port Canaveral?

• 1 year later...
Heelo Bob what do you think of cabin 12664 on Ovation we are elderly cruisers???

Sorry, no experience with Quantum class. Maybe Carol (Merion Mom) will come by and give an opinion, she has experience on that class.

I love Sabor! So some tips I put in my review for Sabor...

they don't offer jalapeños on the table-side guacamole but they will put them in if you ask them too. Spicy and worth asking about.

The sangria is a religious experience for me...and if you have the drink package, when the meal is done, ask for one to-go!

The offer short-ribs tacos and they offer chicken quesadillas...BUT have them make you a short-rib quesadilla. Pair that with a ice cold glass of sangria and you have a winning combo.

The portions are large, share and save some money and calories :D

Sabor is one of my favorites as well- so underrated in my opinion. The jalapeño-cucumber margarita is to die for. Loved the guacamole, and actually took the app quesadillas to the cabin as leftovers- had to fight for them the next day!