Getaway Waterfront & Dining Questions

bcaha

We are not big foodies and don't plan to eat in the specialty restaurants.

Are there any places in the Waterfront outdoor dining area that are included in the standard cruise? (restaurants and/or bars)

Also, we are 5 people traveling during a holiday (crowded) week. Will we need reservations for dinner in the MDR? Prefer not to be locked in to a schedule.

Thanks so much!!!

Thanks - Second question... do you think we need MDR reservations during holiday week? (5 people)

I think most sailings are near full capacity now a days anyway, so it really shouldn't feel too much more crowded than most other times, but it will depend on what time you like to eat. Earlier in the evening, maybe between 5-6pm you should be fine, but later, 7-8pm will likely require a reservation to avoid waiting.

Not sure what you want on the Waterfront, but there are plenty of places to hangout and relax without the need to dine or drink.

I disembarked from the Gataway today and took several moments and naps out there. In fact I strolled the Waterfront during sail away. I was there in the heat of the day at at 1am, always a pleasure.

Flamingo Grill on Deck 16

FG is wonderful. Plus if the food there doesn't appeal to you, you can easily take your tray from the Lido buffet up the stairs and eat in the FG area. But we loved the FG food ... sometimes snagged a bit of both.