Upgrading from classic to premium beverage package on board

AnnaMiami

We received the classic alcohol package with our booking, but want to upgrade to the premium on board so that we can use our OBC to pay for the upgrade. Does anyone know if this can be done on the deck just as you board the ship where they display the beverage packages? Or where can we easily do this? Thanks!

We received the classic alcohol package with our booking, but want to upgrade to the premium on board so that we can use our OBC to pay for the upgrade. Does anyone know if this can be done on the deck just as you board the ship where they display the beverage packages? Or where can we easily do this? Thanks!

Yes, before you board in the terminal at a promo stand, or as soon as you board at any bar, you will find as soon as you order a drink they will ask if you wish to upgrade. Its not necessary to upgrade, but we did, and loved it!

Thank you! The upgrade is worth it for the Molecular bar alone :D:D

Yes, before you board in the terminal at a promo stand, or as soon as you board at any bar, you will find as soon as you order a drink they will ask if you wish to upgrade. Its not necessary to upgrade, but we did, and loved it!

Molecular Bar is going away.

We upgraded on ship on our last cruise, with 3 days at sea the sticker for premium fell off and each morning started with a member of our group heading down stairs to get stickers put back on our cards.

This time I called ahead and for $81.25 total per person (instead of $70 per person) we upgraded the drink package to premium so we'll have it printed on our sea pass and won't have to deal with those pesky stickers.

For us the savings of $22.50 vs the hassle of having to go the hotel front desk each morning to get a new sticker for premium just isn't worth it.

Yes, you can upgrade once on board the ship and you can also upgrade

at any bar.

Sorry about the defective stickers:eek:...don't recall having that issue

but you know every bar has the stickers too. So no reason to go to

Guest Relations every morning.

You don't have to put up with stickers that wear away. Just go to Guest Relations, and they'll make you a complete new card, with PALL printed on it.

Don't bother with going to one of the tables to upgrade. Go straight to a bar, and enjoy a drink while the server writes up the transaction!

Thanks everyone for your input. We have a Panama Canal cruise scheduled next year and I wondered the very same thing as we were given a classic beverage package. I think that's definitely worth it and we have a good bit of $$ to spend on OBC.

Not sure what the Molecular bar was but what is replacing it? Is that the martini bar in the frozen room? Wanted to experience that with my first martini :D

Janet

Edited by horse trail

Thanks everyone for your input. We have a Panama Canal cruise scheduled next year and I wondered the very same thing as we were given a classic beverage package. I think that's definitely worth it and we have a good bit of $$ to spend on OBC.

Not sure what the Molecular bar was but what is replacing it? Is that the martini bar in the frozen room? Wanted to experience that with my first martini :D

The Molecular Bar was a bar that just served a menu of craft cocktails. They were pretty cool with interesting ingredients and some flash and flare. It is being replaced by a similar type of concept, just with a different menu. (The contract that Celebrity had with the creator of the Molecular Bar cocktails ran out.)

Totally different place than the Martini Bar, which has iced counters (not in a frozen room). They serve martinis but also a full range of other beverages. A very fun and popular place to hang out!

The Molecular Bar was a bar that just served a menu of craft cocktails. They were pretty cool with interesting ingredients and some flash and flare. It is being replaced by a similar type of concept, just with a different menu. (The contract that Celebrity had with the creator of the Molecular Bar cocktails ran out.)

Totally different place than the Martini Bar, which has iced counters (not in a frozen room). They serve martinis but also a full range of other beverages. A very fun and popular place to hang out!

Thanks for the FYI. Looking forward to experiencing all. :D:D:D

We walked on board, went to closest bar & upgraded. One of our stickers came off (DHs, go figure) so went to GR & they just printed off 2 imprinted SeaPass cards for us. We plan on doing the exact same thing next X cruise.

Edited by awhfy

We have upgraded after boarding the last 2 years so to use some OBC to cover the cost. We go to the Ensamble Bar and by pass the hoards!:D

Edited by wallie5446

Wallie, we love that bar too - quieter, and nice live music at times.

Louise, last Nov the Ensamble was a very 'hopping' place. We were very fortunate to have the Ray Brown Jr Band playing on our cruise! The smooth and mellow jazz was simply wonderful.

No reason to wait in any line to upgrade. The first time you go to a bar for a drink simply ask the bartender or waiter/waitress to take care of the upgrade. Just one caution. If you are still in or near the port ask if you will be charged any local sales tax (this happens while in some ports).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

You don't have to put up with stickers that wear away. Just go to Guest Relations, and they'll make you a complete new card, with PALL printed on it.

Don't bother with going to one of the tables to upgrade. Go straight to a bar, and enjoy a drink while the server writes up the transaction!

Jayoldschool, we tried to get guest relations to print new cards. No dice. We were with a group of 50 staterooms & saw over 2/3 of the group each morning at guest relations getting stickers & in April when we sailed on,y guest relations had the stickers.

Very frustrating, so I've already upgraded for our holiday sailing this year.

So please bear with the celebrity newbie: the premium is just $10 more per day right? Do all adults in the room need to upgrade? Is gratuity included in the premium package?

Queenreen if you have the classic package the premium is $10 per person (plus tax if you do it before travel which is $11.80) per day more. Everyone in the stateroom who is legal drinking age needs to be on the same plan. And just like classic gratuity is included.

So please bear with the celebrity newbie: the premium is just $10 more per day right? Do all adults in the room need to upgrade? Is gratuity included in the premium package?

Queenreen if you have the classic package the premium is $10 per person (plus tax if you do it before travel which is $11.80) per day more. Everyone in the stateroom who is legal drinking age needs to be on the same plan. And just like classic gratuity is included.

Nope! Not everyone has to upgrade. But it is correct that the cost to do so is $11.80 per day, and includes the grat.

Where did you hear that?:eek::confused: I know people who have had 2

different packages.....not everyone drinks alcohol so for everyone

to be on the same package? I always wonder where that comes from.

Hi Lois:

Probably comes from other cruise lines because it is certainly not true on Celebrity.

Edited by dkjretired

I think the rule is that when you BUY a package, everyone in the cabin needs to be on the same package, but upgrading afterwards is by the person.

Hi Carole, I could be wrong but I don't think that is true. Do they

really think someone who doesn't drink is going to buy an alcoholic

package? That makes no sense to me. If someone wants to buy

an alcoholic package, I just think it needs to be for one person.....

do they really make everyone buy the same package?:confused:

Oh, I do partake but the principal of it doesn't make any sense

(to me anyway).

Edited by Lois R

Was what we experienced in April when we cruised, my brother & his wife had this issue, she can't drink due to medical issues & brother wanted to upgraded & celebrity made both upgrade.

When I called for our holiday cruise upcoming, I can't drink due to a medical condition & DH needs premium & we both had to upgrade. Apparently if your over 21 in the room you need to be on the same package. At least this has been our exp.

I even offered to submit my note & they still said it didn't matter.

Edited by DZalumni