Price Decrease

Cruzin Terri

I know I am new to this forum having sailed exclusively on HAL. However I am booked on the August 15, 2016 Steeples and Spires on the Marina.

I received an email that indicated prices were lower. I called my TA and sure enough the price for my category of stateroom went down by $800 pp.

Hope this helps.

Glad to be on board and trying to learn as much as I can about Oceania.

Terri

I know I am new to this forum having sailed exclusively on HAL. However I am booked on the August 15, 2016 Steeples and Spires on the Marina.

I received an email that indicated prices were lower. I called my TA and sure enough the price for my category of stateroom went down by $800 pp.

Hope this helps.

Terri

Welcome Terri

I also sailed mostly with HAL for the past 30 years but discovered Oceania three years ago and glad I did.

I am booked on a 10 day cruise on the Riviera, Dec 2015. On Monday the price dropped almost 50% for a B balcony cabin. Best deal I had ever seen on Oceania.

Of my 4 upcoming cruises, not one was included in the current sale ("New lower fares") :(

Mine didn't show up in the current sale, but when I pulled up the cruise itself the price was lower.

Thank you all for the welcome. I anticipate that I will love O.

Terri

My experience has been that Oceania will only give you the price decrease if there are still cabins available in your category. I called once about a price decrease and was told that I wasn't eligible since there were no cabins available in my cabin category.

Has this been anyone else's experience?

Yes, that is what happened to us last year. We are waiting for our TA to call about this years cruise which appears in this list. She will call Tues morning as the person she needs to speak to is off until Tues. There is one OC suite still available.....we shall see how O handles this.

Hope this helps.

Terri

Curious to know what type of email you received? :)

Price decreases are not typical for Oceania

They usually add extra perks & then it is if the cat is still open you can get the extra perks added

So if you got the decrease in prices that is a good deal especially if you booked over a yr out

There are several new promotions out

Labor day sale on specific sailings

new lower fares on specific sailings

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/special-offers/

Edited by LHT28

Curious to know what type of email you received? :)

The email I received said "New Lower Prices." So I looked at the list of cruises. Mine was not listed. However, I then went to my specific cruise and found that indeed the price for my cruise and cabin category was $800 lower. So I called my TA and got the price reduction thereby saving $1600.

Terri

That's great! :)

I did not get an email from Oceania. I checked myself and the prices remain the same for my cruise. I thought you might be using some type of price change alert service like I do for other cruiselines. Oceania's rates do not come up using that service. :(