Elite Benefits/Recommendations

flifish64

I know this is a bit off topic, but....

Does anyone know if you are Elite and traveling in the same cabin as with a non-Elite, can they go to the Elite Breakfast with you.

I believe they can go to the cocktail hour, and other events (is wine tasting and tea), but wasn't sure about the Elite Breakfast.

Thanks

Yes, they can. The first time you go, just tell the CC host/hostess that you're in the same cabin.

We are not Elite (just Select), but we enjoy the Sky Lounge and its bar. We came up there for drinks on just about every night of our recent cruise on the Eclipse, during the Elite reception. We were on the drink plan and ordered our drinks that way. They did serve cold and hot appetizers at the Elite event -- they looked OK but not too exciting -- mostly meatballs and also some spring rolls. Anyway, I did happen to take a photo of the Elite cocktail menu, which I thought would be helpful to this discussion:

IMG_20150723_185723635_HDR_zpsnl1ij5ou.jpg[/url][/img]

I do not know how the voucher system works, but I did witness a man take a tray to the bar, and he left with 6 glasses of wine. Cheers!

On last year's Silhouette transatlantic (Hi there Wino), we were not yet Elite. However, we easily used coupons provided by our generous cruise friends. I think it was in one of the midships lounges ... the Ensemble? Drinks were ordered, coupons were presented, and the server didn't show any interest in who was getting what.

Now we're Elite. For this year's upcoming transatlantic on the Equinox, we plan to pay it forward and donate a couple of pre-dinner drinks coupons to friends are aren't Elite. Hopefully, the same scenario.

And a further note: On a recent short sailing on RCCL's Enchantment, we were able to enjoy the reciprocal benefits of the Diamond Lounge. It seemed that most folks walked out with their glass of wine!

Cheers,

AC Stew

So much for the honor system....

How do you feel about flaunting the dress code, smoking on balconies, and sharing drink packages?

Abuse of privilege hurts us all. This is a compelling argument for loading perks onto the sea pass card.

If you go to the Elite Cocktail Party, you may not carry the drinks to dinner. If you have vouchers good at most of the bars, then you could carry your wine to dinner. But there is no sharing of vouchers with others.

Also you may not have nonElite guests with you at the Cocktail Party. And they do check!

We think the best benefit of being Elite are the better coupons especially for laundry.

Enjoy your cruise.

All true. We also like the Elite breakfast in Tuscan where you can get mimosas, bloody Mary's and specialty coffees.

First time on Celebrity for many years but we are Elite plus due to reciprocal arrangement with Azamara. What is the Elite breakfast? (sailing on Eclipse)

On Eclipse the Elite breakfast is held in the Tuscan Grill.

No hot food, but a very nice continental buffet with a huge variety of bread rolls/ buns, fruit, cheese & meats. Coffee made to order ( and this year they had Lactose Free milk, so I could have a latte) There is a menu of drinks, but they got me an Apple juice which wasn't on the menu( but maybe depends on the waiter, the C.C hostess said it wasn't available)

We went on sea days when we weren't in a rush. I must admit it didn't seem to be very popular, only tables by the window were taken. I wonder if it's more popular with Americans? Our sailing had 80% Brits on board, who as we know like an 'English Breakfast!'

We got off Equinox on Monday and here are my observations about Elite perks on Celebrity.

1. 2 hours Drinks 5pm til 7pm every night except 2 ( embarkation day + 1 other) in Sky Lounge. No vouchers. Nice group every evening, numbers depended on shore excursions and ports. Unexciting nibbles came around sporadically!

2. 90 minutes free internet each was great.

3. Priority tender service was good when we needed to be off for early start tours.

4. Free laundry......we used this and both times sent it back. I know it is wash and fold only but it was folded so badly it was unwearable......we have had laundry done on Azamara and it comes back fit for purpose.

5. Elegant afternoon tea was held in Blu and was lovely.

6. Senior officer's cocktail party was as the 2 hours every night except for loud music!

7. The free Gelato was gorgeous!

We didn't go to the breakfast but friends said it was nice and good coffee. There were a few other things we didn't use either...Persian Gardens was available for 1 port day but we were always off the ship.

I think I have covered all we utilised and hope it helps.

Joyce

First time on Celebrity for many years but we are Elite plus due to reciprocal arrangement with Azamara. What is the Elite breakfast? (sailing on Eclipse)

They have changed the way they do breakfasts and now offer a standard menu of items at your table rather than a small buffet to help yourself. I think I preferred the buffet where I could go and graze rather than order a plate and leave some of it because it was too much. However it is a nice civilized way to start the day with a great view of the ship's wake from Tuscan.

As Jackie intimated, if you like a full English breakfast then this isn't the place for you!

Phil

They have changed the way they do breakfasts and now offer a standard menu of items at your table rather than a small buffet to help yourself. I think I preferred the buffet where I could go and graze rather than order a plate and leave some of it because it was too much. However it is a nice civilized way to start the day with a great view of the ship's wake from Tuscan.

As Jackie intimated, if you like a full English breakfast then this isn't the place for you!

Phil

Phil,

It was a Buffet on Eclipse ( 25th July- 8th August)

Grandma Gilly,

I think 08.30- 10.00, but it did vary by half an hour, depending on the itinnary.

They have changed the way they do breakfasts and now offer a standard menu of items at your table rather than a small buffet to help yourself. I think I preferred the buffet where I could go and graze rather than order a plate and leave some of it because it was too much.

Please see my post #34 [6 September] to this thread above... The Elite breakfast was also back to buffet format--as opposed to plated offerings--when I was aboard Silhouette from July 11-27...

My experience of the Elite Coffee Break has been varied -- sometimes within the same cruise! On one cruise (Transpacific) last spring, we began in a section of the MDR, with menus. Part way through the cruise, it moved to the Tuscan Grille. On a cruise on Eclipse this summer, we began with menus and half way through we changed to the buffet. So I conclude that it's up in the air which format will be used on any particular cruise.

By the way, I asked why the change to the MDR and from there to the Tuscan and I was told that there were so many Elites that they feared that Tuscan wouldn't be large enough to hold everyone, but after a few days, they realized that attendance at breakfast wasn't ever overwhelming and they were able to move to Tuscan.

On Eclipse the Elite breakfast is held in the Tuscan Grill.

No hot food, but a very nice continental buffet with a huge variety of bread rolls/ buns, fruit, cheese & meats. Coffee made to order ( and this year they had Lactose Free milk, so I could have a latte) There is a menu of drinks, but they got me an Apple juice which wasn't on the menu( but maybe depends on the waiter, the C.C hostess said it wasn't available)

We went on sea days when we weren't in a rush. I must admit it didn't seem to be very popular, only tables by the window were taken. I wonder if it's more popular with Americans? Our sailing had 80% Brits on board, who as we know like an 'English Breakfast!'

The last 2 cruises we noted that they changed the buffet to table service by waitstaff. There was a short menu from which to chose. But it isn't crowded when we go around 9, especially on port days.

Phil,

It was a Buffet on Eclipse ( 25th July- 8th August)

Grandma Gilly,

I think 08.30- 10.00, but it did vary by half an hour, depending on the itinnary.

Please see my post #34 [6 September] to this thread above... The Elite breakfast was also back to buffet format--as opposed to plated offerings--when I was aboard Silhouette from July 11-27...

Thanks for that. I didn't realise it had changed back or is varying from cruise to cruise. Hopefully I'll get a chance to experience the buffet on Constellation next week.

Phil

Thanks for that. I didn't realise it had changed back or is varying from cruise to cruise. Hopefully I'll get a chance to experience the buffet on Constellation next week.

Phil

Phil, please come back and report what you find. We'll be on Connie a few weeks after you. Thx Cathy

We have had both on our cruises, the vouchers and the cocktail parties. We like to go to the party once or twice, the officers reception is very nice. We always have beverage packages so the free drinks don't matter that much. I like when we receive the vouchers, I go up to a bar and get beers to put in our fridge to enjoy a nightcap in our cabin. I think our favorite perk is the laundry, nice 1/2 through to get all our clothes washed.

• 2 weeks later...
Phil, please come back and report what you find. We'll be on Connie a few weeks after you. Thx Cathy

Hi Cathy. I'm currently on Constellation and the Elite breakfast is being held in Ocean Liners and it is a menu affair. The story. Current US health regulations are that buffet food can't be served on carpet so if your ship is around US waters or sailing within US jurisdiction you will have a menu. Elsewhere in the world it might be buffet or you could have the menu. There isn't a consistent policy and depends on who is on the ship at the time. It may become more more definite and menu only because other parts of the world are going to follow US policy.

Having a great time on Constellation.

Phil

Hi Cathy. I'm currently on Constellation and the Elite breakfast is being held in Ocean Liners and it is a menu affair. The story. Current US health regulations are that buffet food can't be served on carpet so if your ship is around US waters or sailing within US jurisdiction you will have a menu. Elsewhere in the world it might be buffet or you could have the menu. There isn't a consistent policy and depends on who is on the ship at the time. It may become more more definite and menu only because other parts of the world are going to follow US policy.

Having a great time on Constellation.

Phil[/quote

Thanks, Phil. We will be on the TA so I'm guessing it will be buffet again, especially with the large number of Elites that are normal on TAs. I've only done Elite breakfast on Silhouette, so it will be a new and fun experience to try a different ship. Haven't been on an M Class ship since 2007-8! Enjoy the rest if your cruise ;)

The way the breakfast is served depends on whether you are crusing in or out of a US port or not. The regulations have to do with serving food in a buffet over carpet. It also depends on the number of Elites on board. If a large number the breakfast is in the MDR instead of Tuscan or another smaller venue.