12 year old Diamond cruiser that received no respect!

Geri - Our son is NOT a SPOILED BRAT. In fact, he is an honor roll student, Boy Scout, well rounded and very mature young man. The prize was Taped to the wall so no one could win it. We have encouraged our son to let his voice be heard so that people would know what is going on in the 'teen' area and how our children are being treated on RCCL.

Please keep in mind by saying such RUDE things to children is RUDE on your behalf.

Hard to tell from the pictures, but I do believe you. The fact that guest services had heard it before means that something is probably not right.

As for the boy being a brat, etc, he did get a little inflammatory at the end of his post, but the first few times you stand up for yourself, it's hard to keep it all under control. It's a learning process.

LOL. It's the Internet, I think they'll be fine.

wrong. most discussion boards have a minimum age(usually 13) to be allowed to have a screen name and post. also I have yet to find a message board that permits more than on person to share the same account/screen name.

I have been on a lot of cruises the thing is that I have never ever been treated like this and its not right. Now before someone calls me a brat again, Think how many kids stand up for themselves. let that soak in.

ok your post was fine until 'let that soak in'. You sound like you're being a brat. If you want to get help from people, choose your words carefully.

OK its a family account, why is this even an issue? This family account has been up on this website for more than 5 years.

If you ignore off topic posts they usually go away. If you respond it keeps it going, and then more people jump on the train.

I think some of the "rudeness" you feel coming toward your child has to do with the entitled attitude he presented in the post as being D+. I doesn't sound like the CS staff were rude to him-they just didn't do what he wanted them to do (life lesson to be learned) I agree that the game was probably rigged (life lesson to be learned) and that sometimes issues do not get resolved (life lesson to be learned) but that has nothing to do with being D+. My kids are only Gold but I would expect that they also be treated respectfully but would never expect things to always go their way.

Yes, he is 12, We let him post this because we wanted to let parents know how our son was treated. He is a very responsible young man who we are very proud of for standing up for himself.

Wow you sound like a horrible child.

Unfortunately, he will also learn how people get treated online, and here on CC. Sad that people are so rough even on a 12-year-old.

Congrats to you for allowing your son some responsibility, letting him post for himself. Please ignore the haters.

I did not make this post for me. I could care less about the stupid tablet.:confused: right? Yeah I did this so others don't get scammed by Royal Caribbean You just don't realize why I made this. I have enough. I even have a ipad mini. A higher version than in that machine. Why did I play that game? Because it was a game. But taping it so no one wins is unacceptable...

I am in 7th grade we have a huge anti bullying program going on. One reason is because someone KILLED themselves over a online chat board. Other kids did that made him think his life was useless. So for adults to go and do the same thing is unexceptionable. You are adults. Act like it. Not like a 12 year old bully.

Geri - Our son is NOT a SPOILED BRAT. In fact, he is an honor roll student, Boy Scout, well rounded and very mature young man. The prize was Taped to the wall so no one could win it. We have encouraged our son to let his voice be heard so that people would know what is going on in the 'teen' area and how our children are being treated on RCCL.

Please keep in mind by saying such RUDE things to children is RUDE on your behalf.

Just curious. If the prize was "taped to the wall so no one can win it". How did your son win it?

Wow, I have a hard time understanding adults getting into a peeing contest with a twelve year old boy. I think that he did a good job expressing his frustration with being scammed. As far as him being "entitled" or a "spoiled brat" I don't feel like that came through in his initial post.

I think some of the "rudeness" you feel coming toward your child has to do with the entitled attitude he presented in the post as being D+. I doesn't sound like the CS staff were rude to him-they just didn't do what he wanted them to do (life lesson to be learned) I agree that the game was probably rigged (life lesson to be learned) and that sometimes issues do not get resolved (life lesson to be learned) but that has nothing to do with being D+. My kids are only Gold but I would expect that they also be treated respectfully but would never expect things to always go their way.

The only reason he added the D+ is to say that he has been on several cruises and has never been treated this way. Yes, I get your point about them not doing what he wanted - What he wanted was for the Cruise Line to simply ' do the right thing' and not bait children into spending their money on a prize they would never be able to obtain.

Wow, I have a hard time understanding adults getting into a peeing contest with a twelve year old boy. I think that he did a good job expressing his frustration with being scammed. As far as him being "entitled" or a "spoiled brat" I don't feel like that came through in his initial post.

I agree. No way should an adult name call a child.

Cruisin family- that is so wrong. I imagine how disappointed my son would have been to win something like that and then find out it was a scam! It shouldn't matter if you are diamond status or not, it's a scam. Have you tried posting it to their FB page with pictures? It's completely unfair if you can prove you won it, then I wouldn't stop trying to get it. it's a good lesson of the squeaky wheel get the grease. Good luck!

I am in 7th grade we have a huge anti bullying program going on. One reason is because someone KILLED themselves over a online chat board. Other kids did that made him think his life was useless. So for adults to go and do the same thing is unexceptionable. You are adults. Act like it. Not like a 12 year old bully.

I don't think we are even near that point :confused:

You can say what you want here, but you are going to get feedback.

An adult would probably just ignore most of it.

Stay on topic if you want others to stay on topic. It's probably too late for that though :rolleyes:

He did not win it, he did push it in the game, and if it weren't taped, it would have fallen and he Would have won it.

Hmmm...I'm still struggling to believe anything in this post but to each his/her own opinion. Happy sailing.

Respectfully, but are you sure this is the place you want to teach your child about how to conduct himself on the Internet? Would you shove him into the middle of a bar full of adults to perform a political protest? Are we supposed to be impressed/moved/overwhelmed by cuteness?

Rather than teaching your kid that yelling until he gets his way is the way to go, this would be a great time for a very important life lesson: the game is almost *always* rigged, and the people who rigged it don't care how loud you yell.

This has got to be the most bizarre thing I've seen on a reliably bizarre site.

Edited by perditax

Respectfully, but are you sure this is the place you want to teach your child about how to conduct himself on the Internet? Would you shove him into the middle of a bar full of adults to perform a political protest? Are we supposed to be impressed/moved/overwhelmed by cuteness?

This has got to be the most bizarre thing I've seen on a reliably bizarre site.

Totally agree! So crazy.