Budget Rental Cars

Jt4428

Try this link to find which Budget discount code works best for you. This website also has discount codes for other car rental companies. I saved money on my last two car rentals (1 day rental).

The last time I used U112000 for a one way rental from Orlando airport to Cape Canaveral.

http://www.mousesavers.com/budget-rental-car-discounts/

:) Mary

Edited by marys350

Does anyone have experience renting Budget from PC to MCO? Trying to establish timing and ease of being picked up at the terminal as well as availability of car requested prior to embarking passengers turning in cars. We have an early flight so don't want to be standing around waiting for anything.

How much time might we save by using CB shuttles?

Does anyone have experience renting Budget from PC to MCO? Trying to establish timing and ease of being picked up at the terminal as well as availability of car requested prior to embarking passengers turning in cars. We have an early flight so don't want to be standing around waiting for anything.

How much time might we save by using CB shuttles?

You will definitely be quicker taking a shuttle back to MCO rather than renting. We returned a car to the PC Budget on a Saturday morning with 3 ships (Dream, a big Disney and some other Fantasy class ship), and the place was nuts. Long line into the building for people renting, and a group of people outside waiting for cars. We dropped a minivan and it was snapped up before we were on the shuttle to the port.

If you have a costco membership, try booking Budget on the Costco website. I've found the best prices there...it might even be worth getting a membership!

I think it might also depend on class of car. Costco was a few pennies higher than what I got a minivan for right on Budget's site.

It has always been a worry when renting a car in PC because when we rent from MCO to PC, there is always a huge line of people just off the cruise ships waiting for cars to be turned in. Like DanJ said, they practically kick you out of the car and have someone else in it before you can get on the lot. But, I have done it every time at PC and they have always had a car ready, regardless of rental agency, although they have given me a smaller vehicle (and a credit for the lower price) than my reservation. I do try to do a prepay with the hope that they will actually reserve a vehicle for me, although I don't know if that is why I always get a vehicle even when there are huge lines of people waiting in front of me. And PC is the one port where we leave the ship around 9:30am instead of waiting for last call.

• 4 months later...

I am on the Feb 5th sailing of the Sunshine out of Port Canaveral and will be picking up a Budget rental car from the Orlando airport. I booked this car months ago. Now I have been reading a ton of negative reviews regarding the Orlando location. Most people say that they lines are terribly long, customer service is zero, they felt tricked into higher prices etc. I am wondering if anyone here has anything to say about their experience using this rental car agency?? I had planned on picking up in Orlando and dropping off the car at Cape Canaveral location.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Deb

We waited 1 1/2 hours to get our rental here. Horrible service, the workers were so slow and did not care that others waited. The talked to everyone about anything and this made each person take a long time. If you use budget sign up for the fast break option. When you rent the car remember to book under your fast break code. There is a separate line to pick up your car with this option. Drop off is faster too. Look to see if your location offers this option.

Relax and enjoy life,

When you return the car in Cape Canaveral, don't stand in the line, who are going to be people waiting to rent a car. Go over to the left hand side of the counter and say you are returning. The agent will gladly take your keys ( make sure you have already taken all your stuff out as your car won't be there long). Definitely sign up for Fast Break. We did experience a line at MCO picking up the car, and we didn't have FB. Also, in the days and weeks before going, check your rates a few times as we got our minivan quite a bit cheaper 2 days before travel than what I had reserved it for months earlier.

.Definitely sign up for Fast Break. We did experience a line at MCO picking up the car, and we didn't have FB. Also, in the days and weeks before going, check your rates a few times as we got our minivan quite a bit cheaper 2 days before travel than what I had reserved it for months earlier.

I did complete and was approved for the Fastbreak option, however, I booked through car rental.com so I am not eligible for Fastbreak this time around. I am looking into the option of canceling my reservation and starting over with Fast Break. Thanks for everyone's words of advice!

Deb