ANOTHER Rental Car Return Question - FLL

dvan68

I have been searching, and keep coming up on responses like - 'google this' or 'search that'. I am looking for anyone with PERSONAL experience in renting a car from the FLL airport and returning it to a local office - like on 17th st, and taken the rental car shuttle to Port Everglades.

- Which Agency?

- Was there a per person fee for the shuttle?

- Was there a surcharge for returning the car to a different location from where it was rented?

Thank you for your help!

Earlier this year, we picked up a Budget car at MIA and returned it to the office on 17th St, FLL. I think there are only 2 desks in the office, but no one else was there (it was about 1030) and we booked the car in and waited about 10 mins for the bus (which was round tripping into the port). Bus was free. I booked this in the UK and specified pick up and drop were different, so don't know if there was a fee to do it, or they just included it in the fee.

Simon

I have been searching, and keep coming up on responses like - 'google this' or 'search that'. I am looking for anyone with PERSONAL experience in renting a car from the FLL airport and returning it to a local office - like on 17th st, and taken the rental car shuttle to Port Everglades.

- Which Agency?

- Was there a per person fee for the shuttle?

- Was there a surcharge for returning the car to a different location from where it was rented?

Thank you for your help!

Just did Avis YESTERDAY. The agency is colocated with the Hyatt Pier 66 hotel. No extra charge for the shuttle or one-way rental, however those costs are likely built into the rental fee.

Here is the info for FLL rental returns, courtesy member MADflyer:

Only Alamo/National shuttle from Airport. Must show return receipt to board shuttle.

Hertz from Crown Plaza Hotel

Avis from Hyatt Pier 66

Budget on 17th in shopping center next to Renaissance Hotel

Sixt further up 17th.

Thrifty/Dollar just out western port exit.

It is helpful to all if you drop off your passengers and luggage at Port Everglades PRIOR to returning the rental car. Be sure to tip the shuttle driver a dollar or two. Whichever rental car agency you choose, be sure to sign up for their free frequent renter program. You'll save time at pickup, not have to deal with the upsell and insurance sales, and get a few miles or points too.

Edited by HUNKY