Laundry?

Marseydotes

I appreciate the information. I guess spending a few Euros will not be too bad compared to dragging two suitcases!

Any other lines offer washers and dryers? I am totally overwhelmed with the differences between lines! It reminds me of looking for a new car--packages often include things you don't want or need, but sometimes you can only get what you DO want if you pay for lots more.........!

Any other lines offer washers and dryers? I am totally overwhelmed with the differences between lines! It reminds me of looking for a new car--packages often include things you don't want or need, but sometimes you can only get what you DO want if you pay for lots more.........!

It can be a bit overwhelming... Good luck with your planning.

Uniworld is the only line I know that has self-serve washers/dryers - but they are *not* available on every ship. Every line does offer some type of laundry service - usually on a pay-per-item basis. Most lines also have a retractable clothesline in the shower so you can always do some hand washing of your "smalls" if you wish.

Fran

Yes, almost all of them do. As far as Avalon goes, I thought their pricing was surprisingly fair. It's in Euros and the turn-around time for our ship was 24 hrs. max. We spent about 50E or so on laundry and sent out a good amount of stuff.

We spent about 45E on Vantage to do underwear, pajamas, 1 ladies shirt and 1 man's shirt and we had it back washed, ironed and folded in 24 hours. We were on our 8th trip with Vantage so we had 50E per couple to spend on laundry but even without that it's cheaper to pay the ship for laundry than to pay the airline baggage fees! Cost breakdown was 1E for each piece of underwear (his and hers) 3E for pajamas and his shirt and 2E for my shirt.

I am a bit confused about Scenic's laundry situation. We just returned from a Scenic cruise Amsterdam to Budapest yesterday. We stayed in a junior suite on the top deck. Before we departed, my wife called Scenic and was told that all laundry was included in our fare. I looked at the Scenic web site under "Butler Service" and it appeared that on the current European cruise offerings laundry service was included for all rooms. But on the ship, we were told that our fare included only four pressings per day. I showed the ship's staff their line's web site info. and for the last half of the cruise, we did receive included laundry service. It was a superb cruise and I will be checking with my TA about Scenic's laundry situation as soon as I recover from the jet lag! Their rates are pretty low anyway, and I'm not going to make an issue out of what little we paid them before they switched us to included laundry. I just want to know what the deal is, and if their website is wrong, they should change it.