Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

I can't be positive, but I think the total number of available cruises has jumped higher again. Or did I miss something? We're in Lisbon (wonderful) and I haven't been online regularly.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Yes! You were not mistaken. Apparently, the cruises for the Mariner Of The Seas home porting in Singapore has been released from October 2017 to March 2018

Don't forget you can take Free Gratuities OR your Crown and Anchor Discount. They will not give you both. In most cases you are better off taking the C&A discount.

No luck with free grats even though clearly stated on the website that they were included for this cruise. Never mind, not getting upset about it - C and A balcony discount $350, free grats would have been about $468 value I think.

No luck with free grats even though clearly stated on the website that they were included for this cruise. Never mind, not getting upset about it - C and A balcony discount $350, free grats would have been about $468 value I think.

We were given the option of the free gratuities or the balcony discount. Call C&A and request they change the option. Just don't let them re-price the cruise. :rolleyes:

We were given the option of the free gratuities or the balcony discount. Call C&A and request they change the option. Just don't let them re-price the cruise. :rolleyes:

You must not be on the Explorer or Radiance transpacific. So far no one has reported getting free grats on either of these cruises. All reports have been that they are excluded from the promotion.

You must not be on the Explorer or Radiance transpacific. So far no one has reported getting free grats on either of these cruises. All reports have been that they are excluded from the promotion.

*Cruise must be booked April 19-May 1, 2016 (“Offer Period”). Offer applies to all sailings on or after May 20, 2016, excluding China departures. Offer includes 50% off cruise fare of second guest who must be booked in the same stateroom as a first guest who books at full fare (“BOGO"). Offer also includes 25% cruise fare savings for 3rd and 4th guests booked in the same stateroom as the first two qualifying guests. Additionally, offer includes pre-paid gratuities in ocean view categories and above for the first and second guests in the stateroom for all eligible products excluding Alaska, Asia, China, Transatlantic and Repositioning sailings. Pre-paid gratuities will be applied as an onboard credit ("OBC"), and includes stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Royal Caribbean guidelines.

The option was offered on Hawaii/Vancouver and Vancouver/Hawaii. We chose the balcony discount of $350, because it was higher than the gratuities. There seems to be some discussion about what a repositioning cruise is, as there are others reporting the same thing. Maybe cruise length has something to do with it. Or the agent you speak to. :rolleyes:

On a whim, I checked. All the new cruises are available with prices. I only checked the details for the January 28 South Pacific and NZ. There are few cabins available, but we were able to put a hold on 2 D1s while we figure out the details.

On the original cruise, we were paying $305 per night for a D6. For this sailing, D1s are $395/nt :eek:, D8s are $350/nt, and E1s are $347/nt. I'm not sure how RCI handles it if we change category. There are no D6s available as of now.

Happy shopping and obsessing everyone! :)

Worth a shot again. Anyone heard anymore on Navigator April 2018? At this point I would like my Next Cruise Certificate back so I can make an alternative booking.

I'm still waiting too. hope my TA knows what he's talking about. price and cabin are locked (so he says).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Actually it is back online!! Just called RCL and it is loaded on their system to book. So not cancelled after all. She said should be back on the my cruises account shortly once it gets loaded into the RCCL website!

thanks, called c&a to confirm and then emailed my TA. Prices seem to have gone up 200 or so but we should get the old price.

Actually it is back online!! Just called RCL and it is loaded on their system to book. So not cancelled after all. She said should be back on the my cruises account shortly once it gets loaded into the RCCL website!

Finally, deposit and confirmation for April 13, 2018 sailing. The pricing for this cruise is still REALLY good. First time we've ever booked a GS.

Finally, deposit and confirmation for April 13, 2018 sailing. The pricing for this cruise is still REALLY good. First time we've ever booked a GS.

See you onboard!! Careful. We booked our first suite 15 years ago. Never went back to anything else!! Lol. Hopefully the new suite benefits will be on Navigator by then.

See you onboard!! Careful. We booked our first suite 15 years ago. Never went back to anything else!! Lol. Hopefully the new suite benefits will be on Navigator by then.

we almost always do juniors. we did a Grand for our wedding cruise last April but that was a gift to us. I understand the benefits and loved the extra space but the extra cost is usually equal to a single berth in a Junior.....which equals more cruises[emoji2]

okay, I just got struck by stupid and upgraded to an owners suite. just couldn't resist the price. am I missing something, seems cheap to me?

Too many other ports ahead of New Orleans on the profitibility list.

We were on Freedom last week and asked Next Cruise if there were any plans to go back to New Orleans. Was told no, and then then given the excuse that it competes with Galveston. Really?????? I have a one word answer for that...Florida.

What new suite benefits? I'm getting my hopes up.

theyear launch a new suite (tiered) program on quantum and Oasis class ships May 1st I think. details are on the Web site.

okay, I just got struck by stupid and upgraded to an owners suite. just couldn't resist the price. am I missing something, seems cheap to me?

Great prices. They will not last long. Congrats. Is the Royal Suite available. If so - book it lol.

It appears that Cuba has been dropped for Empress with the Havana bookings pushed back until at least May of 2017, falling in the next deployment season.

It looks like Empress has port stops at Cozumel and 'Haiti' now among others.

At the financial call last week they were talking about the move with Thomson cruises being re-branded as TUI ships and the fact that the Ctrip partnership was very successful considering they only had one ship.

They mentioned how well the TUI Discovery had been excepted by the UK market. The former Splendour is in dry dock at Cadiz.

It seems that RCI may be pulling both Vision from Dubai and that Legend was pulled from Brisbane planned deployment.

It seems the Legend reference as 'other Caribbean' has been removed now from the UK website.

I wonder if this could indicate that RCL might move Legend and Vision to TUI for deployment at Thomson Cruise.

This would allow the Mein Schiff 1 and 2, both former Celebrity Century class ships to join their sister ship at SkySea in China, rather than moving them to TUI for deployment with Thomson as planned in 2018.

It was interesting to note as well at the conference call last week that Pullmantur was the best performing line now and that the Spanish market was showing strength and it was positive that they had limited their 'exposure' to South America.

This could indicate that the future planned move of Majesty to Pullmantur could move forward at some point, maybe in 2018. Vision or Legend could also take Majesty's spot at PC.

It appears that Cuba has been dropped for Empress with the Havana bookings pushed back until at least May of 2017, falling in the next deployment season.

It looks like Empress has port stops at Cozumel and 'Haiti' now among others.

It just would be nice if Royal would put out itineraries for Empress past July 23,2016 already. It is already May 3rd already. It is clear, that Royal has no interest in doing the type of cruise that FATHOM via Carnival is doing, the "Immersion Cultural Exchange" or they would have put something together to do that already.

Perhaps they feel that the type of cruiser they market to isn't interested in that type of cruise.....I can only say that we are not.

It just would be nice if Royal would put out itineraries for Empress past July 23,2016 already. It is already May 3rd already. It is clear, that Royal has no interest in doing the type of cruise that FATHOM via Carnival is doing, the "Immersion Cultural Exchange" or they would have put something together to do that already.

Perhaps they feel that the type of cruiser they market to isn't interested in that type of cruise.....I can only say that we are not.

Hope they can finish up her dry dock. :eek::eek::eek: