Spain Day Tours??

spinsbabe

On 6/5/2024 at 10:16 AM, terrydtx said:

We did the same tours in 2022 and agree with your comments. As a result, we are no longer buying expensive overpriced and often too crowded ship sponsored shore excursions. We did a private tour for just the 4 of us in Lisbon on that trip that cost per person less than what the Cruise ship wanted per person for a 30-passenger bus tour of the same itinerary.  SDT opened our eyes to how easy, safe and economical 3rd party private tours can be.

Hello. I am about to confirm a private tour in Lisbon with Spain Day Tour. How was your tour? Any issues? Is it worth the 155 euros per person plus entrance fees?

Would really appreciate any feedback. 

Thank you!!

4 minutes ago, Zuzu99 said:

Hello. I am about to confirm a private tour in Lisbon with Spain Day Tour. How was your tour? Any issues? Is it worth the 155 euros per person plus entrance fees?

Would really appreciate any feedback. 

Thank you!!

Yes it was a great private tour with an awesome guide. He took us to a beach where we had a fantastic seafood lunch overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. We ended up doing 4 tours with SDT on our cruise last year, including one in Palma De Mayorca.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

Yes it was a great private tour with an awesome guide. He took us to a beach where we had a fantastic seafood lunch overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. We ended up doing 4 tours with SDT on our cruise last year, including one in Palma De Mayorca.

Thank you very much. So far, we have 2 group tours booked with SDT for Cadiz to Seville and Porto. 
Lisbon - thinking private tour for the 4 of us. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Zuzu99 said:

Thank you very much. So far, we have 2 group tours booked with SDT for Cadiz to Seville and Porto. 
Lisbon - thinking private tour for the 4 of us. 

We have SDT for Cadiz to Seville in November 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have used spaindaytours and Italy tours (sister company) for many tours over the past few years and they have been 98% excellent, with rude and disrespectful passengers being the only reason for the -2%.  we choose them over ships tours due to the limited number of passengers and the ability to see and do more in the same time, & without the hassle of the extra hour the cruise line adds waiting around in the theater for the tour to get going.

In Lisbon for Cascais and Sintra tours & airport transfers we used outingportugal who provided us with100% excellent service for private tours

We are booking SDT for Cadiz to Seville in the fall. I have been emailed that we can hold the reservation with a credit card and pay in euros the day of. My sister is doing the same tour in a different cruise and was expected to pay at the time of reservation. What have others done?

27 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

We are booking SDT for Cadiz to Seville in the fall. I have been emailed that we can hold the reservation with a credit card and pay in euros the day of. My sister is doing the same tour in a different cruise and was expected to pay at the time of reservation. What have others done?

We paid up front when making reservations 

4 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

We have always paid upfront. A couple times we were due money back, never any issue .

We used Spain Day Tours on our Oceania Cruise in June 2024.  Our guide, Fernando, met us at the cruise port in La Caruna and we went directly to Santiago de Compostela.  He was a great guide who had a wonferful sense of humor and was very informative.  He gave us a tour of the town and gave us free time to shop and/or get something to eat or drink. Overall a wonderful day.

We have used SDT many times over the years and they have always been prompt with correspondence. Would not hesitate to use them again.

• 2 weeks later...

We used Spain Day Tours on our Celebrity cruise for 2 ports- Cádiz & Lisbon. 

In Cádiz we did the day trip to Seville. It was a nice tour, just the hours in port limited our time in Seville, which would be the same for any excursion there. We saw the Plaza de España, Jewish Quarter and the Alacazar Palace. Also had about 45 mins free time which was basically used to eat a quick lunch.

Our ship was then docked in Lisbon for 2 days, so I started a group tour with a day trip to Sintra on day 1, which is a MUST DO if you stop there. We had Phillip as a guide who was fabulous. Lovely air conditioned bus and our driver was also a star for navigating the steep hilly and twisting roads. We toured the Peña Palace, which was a show stopper. We then spent an hour & a half in the town of Sintra which was lovely. Had lunch, some Portuguese pastries and some shopping. We then took a ride to the lighthouse at western most point in Europe, past some beach towns, then stopped at the Belem Tower and Discoveries Monument on way back to the ship. Was a long day at about 8.5-9 hours, but totally worth it. Can probably be shortened if only in port for a day. 

• Like 1

This thread has been really helpful. We have a port stop in Cadiz next year. We have not been there nor Seville. It seems that both have a lot to offer, and Seville would be better to visit with at least an overnight stay?  Thoughts?

We also will be in Malaga. I have been in touch SDT regarding Alhambra. I am hoping to gather 5 more couples from the ship (we sail on 3/27 out of Lisbon). So far I have not had any activity on the roll call, but it is early. 

• 1 month later...

We got back from a cruise two weeks ago and used Spain Day Tours in Bilbao, Oporto, Malaga and Mallorca.  All of the guides were very good, can't remember their names, and we were back to the port in plenty of time before sailing.  There is quite alot of walking on the tours so you should be aware of that but it was doable even for my husband and me who aren't in the best of shape.  I would recommend them.

We will be on a TA to Barcelona in May 2025.  I was thinking of taking one of the Spain Day Tours that pick up at the port and return you to the ship.  Has anyone done this?  How was your experience?  What about your luggage?  What hotel did they take you to?

When paying Spain Day Tours at time of booking or ahead of tour, have you paid in dollars or euros?  Our card is no transaction fees and most advice is to pay in euros but my communication with SDT says they will charge in dollars unless asked not to. Which is better?

4 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

When paying Spain Day Tours at time of booking or ahead of tour, have you paid in dollars or euros?  Our card is no transaction fees and most advice is to pay in euros but my communication with SDT says they will charge in dollars unless asked not to. Which is better?

Somewhere I read that you should pay in their currency (Euro) on your credit card then the bank converts it at an accurate rate.  The seller does the conversion if you pay in dollars, and who knows how accurate their conversion is.  I have found this to be true the few times I was charged dollars without realizing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just returned from an excellent cruise and disembarked in Barcelona @ 8.15 am our flight out of Barcelona wasn't until 21.00 therefore I was looking for an enjoyable way to spend our last day.    I booked a city tour with SPAIN DAY TOURS and it was the best ever Barcelona guided tour I've ever taken.  (I've visited the city a few times).  We were met at disembarkation by a lovely friendly tour guide and our two rather heavy pieces of luggage was loaded into the hold of a comfortable minibus by our driver and it was safely there throughout the tour as the driver stayed with the coach.  We had a couple of pickups at another cruise ship and then the small group of us set off on a guided tour of Montserrat and Barcelona City.  I cannot fault this tour,  We learned so much more about the city and Montserrat than I had previously.  Our guide was faultless, kept us together and her knowledge boundless.   

Communication and booking before the tour was easy, I was confident before we took the tour that we had booked with a reputable company and this was proved to be the case.  

We were a bit early for our flight but that wasn't a problem, we had time to change and organise our cases for the flight home and have dinner and a drink at the airport.

I would highly recommend SPAIN DAY TOURS either for a city tour or for a ship to airport interesting and enjoyable way to pass the time.     Thankyou to the SPAIN DAY TOUR team. 

• Like 1

Did you find that you were kept together as a group, or did you have any free time to explore on your own Iness?  My biggest issue in organized tours are lack of free time, and being kept as a group the entire time…..thank you for your really nice review. 

49 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Did you find that you were kept together as a group, or did you have any free time to explore on your own Iness?  My biggest issue in organized tours are lack of free time, and being kept as a group the entire time…..thank you for your really nice review. 

We had time to explore on our own whenever it was safe and possible.   Park Guell is the only attraction I can think of where we had to stay as a group.  But don’t miss that one out as it’s fabulous. 

Edited by Iness

We’ve been to Barcelona several times, and yes, Park Guell is really cool. But I do thank you. 

I was looking at them for a different location, but I didn’t know what to expect in those terms. Different tour groups tend to operate differently regarding flexibility.