Amope Pedi Perfect Sander

Bookish Angel

I have the emjoi micro-pedi (battery version.) I love mine, I buy the super course version of the refills for when I have calluses as it will remove them very quickly. I then use the normal grit to smooth it up and keep it smooth a couple times a week. If you do have heavy calluses you are going to need to expect to go through at least one if not normal refills . (on any of these devices, as the more you use it the smoother it gets and the less effective it will be.)

I really suggest you look into refills before you buy, because if they are hard to get or are expensive you may not use it much. I like my emjoi because refills ship free and range about $10 a piece/20 for two.

I bought mine about 3 years ago, before they came out with a rechargeable version. It seems like most of the others work on the same principle .

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Was looking at the amope, don't know if you are buying online or not but the amope seems to run 30-39.99 online and in stores. Refills are 12-15 for two and they only have one type. (I like the fine ones sometimes because they make them super smooth. That would be a downside for me.)

Emjoi is $19.99-35 online depending on where you look. Just figured I would throw that out there.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Have you tried the file you have, coupled with the foot creme for diabetics or for very rough skin?

I find, in the winter, my feet stay much less "callousy" than in the summer, when I'm wearing sandals....I think having socks on (in the winter) helps since I slather on the foot creme and put socks over them.... But some kind of moisturizer really helps!!

I had a real problem for many years with rough, cracked, dry heels .

I found the foot files from Microplane are almost magical.....I order a new one every year and my feet remain soft and smooth.

These files are very close in appearance to a lemon-zester grater.

An amazing product!

You can save a bit by ordering the miscoloured handle sets.

http://us.microplane.com/microplanexl-profootfile-colorblind.aspx

I had a real problem for many years with rough, cracked, dry heels .

I found the foot files from Microplane are almost magical.....I order a new one every year and my feet remain soft and smooth.

These files are very close in appearance to a lemon-zester grater.

An amazing product!

You can save a bit by ordering the miscoloured handle sets.

http://us.microplane.com/microplanexl-profootfile-colorblind.aspx

Yes, mine is very similar to this. It does a great job.

I see these on Amazon. Maybe I will order a backup.

Edited by crzndeb

I'm a runner (about 20-25 miles a week) and had horrible callouses on my heels, the balls of my feet, and the sides of my big toes. Very ugly feet! I got an Amope and love it!

I used it for a couple of days in a row and really reduced the cracks and callouses on my heels. Now, I just touch them up as needed. My feet haven't looked this good in years! Now if I could do something about the bruised nails...

• 1 month later...

Amope was on my Christmas list last year and hubby got it for me. I love it! I have very thick cracking heels and this works wonders on them. Only problem is that I forget about my heels until they get bad again...so I get on it and they are good for a while again.

I order the refills from Amazon. Found a 4 pack with good reviews for less than the official Amope 2 pack.

Grater style always just makes my feet worse.

Electric pumice type grinder + alpha hydrox lotion + occasional slathering with Heel Genius (by soap and glory) gives me the best results. I'm just bad at sticking to it, I hate having anything on my feet, much less lotion socks or goopy stuff.

Edited by perditax

So funny to see this thread, I just bought one last night on sale at kroger. It was a steal at $15.

I absolutely love it! I have very dry cracked heels and it took away all the dead skin and smoothed them better then anything I have used so far. I love how easy it is to clean and how easy it is to use. My bf even tried it out and was impressed with how it handled his callouses and smoothed his feet out. My feet have never been smoother or softer. Though it is kind of gross cause the dead skin kind of goes flying around. I just put a disposable napkin down under my foot to collect it and get any dust that flew up and settled down away from my feet then just folded it up and threw it away. Honestly I probably wouldn't have bought it at the retail price but if you can find it on sale it is definitely worth it.

Chronic dry,cracked heels can also be from fungus....I was surprised to hear my Dr say that but he was right....treated with oral medication and have not had a crack in years....I swim in various pools all year....good breeding ground for it...

Chronic dry,cracked heels can also be from fungus....I was surprised to hear my Dr say that but he was right....treated with oral medication and have not had a crack in years....I swim in various pools all year....good breeding ground for it...

My dad has been having his fungal situation treated now for awhile through medication, both oral and he has something similiar to nail polish he has to apply. I was amazed too to learn that dry cracked heels can be that if it is something that does not go away. Forgot to mention that do not use something like the amope if it could be fungal cause it can cause more harm then good. Luckily mine is just due to super dry skin and the shoes I wear.. plus not applying lotion in the dryer months lol.

• 2 weeks later...

First, I took the advice of my sister-in-law and bought a foot file with a fine grater and a polishing side - about $2.00 at Wal-Mart. I have used it on my heels after a brief soak in warm water nearly every day for almost 2 months and the change is dramatic! Finally, soft , smooth heels and very little expense.

After filing, I rub organic, fragrance-free, no parabens, etc. moisturizer all over my feet and put on white organic cotton socks. Works like a charm.

I know it is the filing that is doing the most good as I used to do the same routine without the filing with limited improvement. As a faithful walker, I had a lot of callouses so the filing was essential.

I shied away from the Amope because so many of those Amazon reviews were bought and paid for (i.e. the reviewer got a free item for an "unbiased" review, har har), and I don't buy items with paid reviews as a matter of principle. But I got an Emjoi; they all work on the same principle, it's basically a Dremel for your feet. :)

I also use AHA lotion, and Soap and Glory's "Heel Genius", good stuff..

Edited by perditax