Help! Urgent! Alaska Passport Issue

aca911

We are leaving in a few hours. My mom has lost her passport. We are on a Roundtrip from Seattle. Does she have to have the passport to get on the boat? Get off for the white pass train and get off for Victoria?

Any help is appreciated.

From NCL (guessing that all RT Seattle should be the same)

Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Alaska, Mexican Riviera, Or Canada & New England Cruises

For closed-loop sailings (cruises that depart from and return to the same U.S. port), you may sail with a valid passport, proof of citizenship and a valid government-issued photo I.D. (driver’s license with a photo), or any other valid WHTI compliant document.

Proof of Citizenship examples include:

State certified U.S. birth certificate

Original certificate of U.S. naturalization

Original certificate of U.S. citizenship

U.S. Consular report of your birth abroad

WHTI (Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative)-compliant documents include:

U.S. Passport Card

U.S./Canadian Enhanced Driver’s License

U.S. Passport

NEXUS/SENTRI card

Your White Pass excursion should indicate if a passport is required.

TMC

The White Pass Train does require a passport (or so they say) because you are going into Canada. I have never heard of anyone having to show it. Check their website.

Heard??? Officials absolutely check all passports on all the one way trains.

Edited by Budget Queen

The White Pass Train does require a passport (or so they say) because you are going into Canada. I have never heard of anyone having to show it. Check their website.

Passports are required for all trains to and beyond Fraser BC. The only train that does not require one is the RT Summit.

We had to show our passports when the RCMP boarded the train and did a quick check. You simply hold the passport open to the photo page and hold it up to your face - they do a quick check of you vs photo :D

Passports are required for all trains to and beyond Fraser BC. The only train that does not require one is the RT Summit.

We had to show our passports when the RCMP boarded the train and did a quick check. You simply hold the passport open to the photo page and hold it up to your face - they do a quick check of you vs photo :D

Not sure about princess, but with NCL if you pre registered for the cruise with the passport, then they expect to see it at check-in.

Heard??? Officials absolutely check all passports on all the one way trains.

Of course as always you are correct...and anyone that assumes anything different will be in for a shock...when they try to hold up their other form of ID next to their face onboard the train.;)