Freedom questions

obnurse

We're sailing on FOS 9-27-15, Western Caribbean. We are new to RCI. My question is, do you advise we make reservations for anytime dining? We usually sail Celebrity and haven't had to wait more than 5 minutes. Also, is the mystery dinner worth the upcharge? Does anyone out there have a review for me of the mystery dinner? Is Johnny Rockets often crowded? Thanks for your answers and any other info you may have to pass along!

I did the mystery on the jewel last year and the food was great. Will be doing it again when I cruise on freedom in October. If you like the idea of an up close show that you feel part of then go for it. I love these shows as cheesy as they are. Great food, great fun and great company

Edited by made in canada

We're sailing on FOS 9-27-15, Western Caribbean. We are new to RCI. My question is, do you advise we make reservations for anytime dining? We usually sail Celebrity and haven't had to wait more than 5 minutes. Also, is the mystery dinner worth the upcharge? Does anyone out there have a review for me of the mystery dinner? Is Johnny Rockets often crowded? Thanks for your answers and any other info you may have to pass along!

we always book a middle time, like 6:30, but its is usually pretty easy to change, even arriving late or early has had no issues. I never tried not booking and just walking up though.

I would definitely book an MTD time so that you have it. We had a hard time on the Freedom in June. All MTD times between 5:30 and 7:30 were booked within 2 days of MTD being available for booking. We booked 7:30 every night and figured we'd just show up at 6:30 (our typical dinner time) and maybe need to wait a few minutes. The only tables available were for those people who didn't show. Maybe there was a group on board who had booked everything??

We are on the same sailing.We are doing the mystery dinner i heard its a fun one time thing to do. We always do MTD and never make reservations thats why we like it so much we go when we want and never had to wait long at all.

Edited by mark22mac

Its important to note that my time dining is a different experience. When you go with your reserved times, you eat dinner with the same 6-8 people every night. Its much more relaxed and pleasant, and the service is better IMO, since the MTD guests rarely tip in cash at the end and your prepaid tips are pooled. The MDR staff make practically nothing except for their tips, so they really go all out to try to please their "standard" guests. That said, if you are like me, you absolutely hate the idea of a fixed "schedule" on your vacation, and MTD is worth it. Even if the service sucks by comparison.

The Mystery dinner I haven't done, but I think is probably worth it, if you are open to it. I'm doing it in November. I will say that it probably is not worth it if you are paying for any of the alcoholic beverage packages.

I have never seen a jhonny rockets completely full on any ship, ever. They charge a $5 cover, and sell the same burgers and fries as room service(free), so i mean its not something people go to more than a couple of times per trip. Their milkshakes are nice though. RCCL needs to add milkshakes to the RR package.

Edited by Diplomacy

Its important to note that my time dining is a different experience. When you go with your reserved times, you eat dinner with the same 6-8 people every night. Its much more relaxed and pleasant, and the service is better IMO, since the MTD guests rarely tip in cash at the end and your prepaid tips are pooled. The MDR staff make practically nothing except for their tips, so they really go all out to try to please their "standard" guests. That said, if you are like me, you absolutely hate the idea of a fixed "schedule" on your vacation, and MTD is worth it. Even if the service sucks by comparison.

The Mystery dinner I haven't done, but I think is probably worth it, if you are open to it. I'm doing it in November. I will say that it probably is not worth it if you are paying for any of the alcoholic beverage packages.

I have never seen a jhonny rockets completely full on any ship, ever. They charge a $5 cover, and sell the same burgers and fries as room service(free), so i mean its not something people go to more than a couple of times per trip. Their milkshakes are nice though. RCCL needs to add milkshakes to the RR package.

My burger and fries did not taste like Johny Rockets when I ordered room service. Is it suppose to be the same?

• 2 weeks later...