Internet question

TeanneTX

Anyone know if you can buy an internet package prior to your cruise and use your Captains Club discount when booking? We get a 25% discount on any package and I'd like to get that booked and paid for prior to our cruise in Dec. Thanks.

Teanne

I did just that .. pre paid then realised I would receive a 25% discount onboard. I cancelled and purchased once I was on the ship and had the coupon in the cabin. Cant even see any advantage to pre paying you still have to set up your account on the ship.

We're contemplating how best to use the internet on our upcoming transatlantic on the Equinox.

1. Is it possible to purchase an unlimited internet package (advertised on the =X= website for $299 for a 10+ night cruise) aboard or does one need to buy it on the website in advance?

2. If it's possible to buy the unlimited internet package aboard, is it possible to apply qny Elite internet benefits to the package? Have read on Cruise Critic that a 25% discount is possible but am not sure how it all works.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Betsy

Anyone know if you can buy an internet package prior to your cruise and use your Captains Club discount when booking? We get a 25% discount on any package and I'd like to get that booked and paid for prior to our cruise in Dec. Thanks.

Teanne

I asked Celebrity customer service this exact question a week ago. I was told if I wanted the 25% discount it would be best to wait until I got on-board to book the package.

Dan

We have select membership level and found the Internet vouchers waiting in the cabin along with vouchers for discount off wine purchased in speciality restaurants. A free scoop of gelato ice cream ... And a couple of laundry pressing vouchers.

Wait until boarding to book speciality restaurants too. First night we had a 50% discount and subsequent nights a 30% discount which is better than a package price.

We also booked the 7 bottle wine package costing $294 at $42 a bottle it seemed pricey but after spending $33 for two glasses in Murano it suddenly seemed a cheap alternative.

Our last minute deal was a great price but didn't include a drinks package. To pre pay for the classic package would have cost us £1000 for the two weeks.

Seemed a huge amount for just drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic. At least we only drank what we wanted and were not tempted to over indulge. Our livers will thank us ... And we have a good deposit for the next cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the cost for unlimited internet . I see that you can purchase daily unlimited with or without the loyalty discount on line for $59 ( rounding all amounts ) or $45 with our 25% loyalty discount. But on board has anyone experienced being able to buy unlimited for the whole voyage at once as opposed to day by day. If so was there a price break for the whole voyage vs daily rate times number of days?

There is also no mention of how many devices may be logged in at once under the unlimited.

Any help much appreciated

What is the cost for unlimited internet . I see that you can purchase daily unlimited with or without the loyalty discount on line for $59 ( rounding all amounts ) or $45 with our 25% loyalty discount. But on board has anyone experienced being able to buy unlimited for the whole voyage at once as opposed to day by day. If so was there a price break for the whole voyage vs daily rate times number of days?

There is also no mention of how many devices may be logged in at once under the unlimited.

Any help much appreciated

On summit right now. Cost before discount was $299 for the 14 days.

One device at a time (logging into a second blocks you with a warning that there is already one active.)

On summit right now. Cost before discount was $299 for the 14 days.

One device at a time (logging into a second blocks you with a warning that there is already one active.)

Logging into the 2nd device..u can kick the other device off, so u can log in...

Hi everyone

I'm interested in buying an Internet package,which as suggested is better bought on board. But what I'm not sure is whether the entire ship( we are the Connie in 2 weeks ) is WiFi and if we can use the net for working from the cabin or its operative only in certain hot spots or the I lounge?

Appreciate if anyone can clarify

Thanks

2 questions - WiFi is throughout the ship. Some places good and many others not usable.

The VAT question is easy - any purchase made in territorial waters is charged local taxes. Thus a purchase in Spanish waters gets I think a 21% tax.

2 questions - WiFi is throughout the ship. Some places good and many others not usable.

The VAT question is easy - any purchase made in territorial waters is charged local taxes. Thus a purchase in Spanish waters gets I think a 21% tax.

Regarding the VAT, if we wait until we are under way for a while (we will be departing from Barcelona), we won't be charged the VAT? Correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regarding the VAT, if we wait until we are under way for a while (we will be departing from Barcelona), we won't be charged the VAT? Correct?

Presuming your next port isn't in Spain?, once you are out of territorial waters you should be fine.

If it is in Spain you'll probably find you'll be still subject to VAT.

Yes, but then if a member of Captain's Club you lose all of your discounts. Really very simple. Wait until you are at sea. Same situation if in port in Miami or Fort Lauderdale you pay sales tax on anything purchased until over 3 miles out. Pretty simple way on internet is to ask them to process the payment when you are at sea or at a time you are not subject to the tax. The rules on this differ in every port and every country.

Presuming your next port isn't in Spain?, once you are out of territorial waters you should be fine.

If it is in Spain you'll probably find you'll be still subject to VAT.

Interesting. On first cruise of B2B, we leave Barcelona for Rome, so I can wait to be outside Spain's territorial waters. But second cruise (a TA) leaves Barcelona and arrives in Valencia the next day. Wonder if we're outside of the 12-mile limit during that leg.

• 1 month later...

First, I am an Internet junkie, BUT, I'm not sure I like this movement. One reason we love cruising is that you are offline. Work can't call you, family can't interrupt your alone time, you can get your spouse off of Facebook.

Do we really need this? (Note: I'm looking at options for getting the package.)