Azura - New Improved Embarkation Process

FAB1

Well we boarded Anthem Of The Seas two weeks ago. We selected our preferred check in slot when we did our online check in months prior. We arrived on time, they used ipads to check us in (no check in desks) and we were onboard within 5 mins of arriving at the terminal. That ship has over 1000 more passengers than Britannia and it worked flawlessly. Its a simple process, allows people a choice of check in slots on a first come first served basis (not status or cabin related)and their cabins are ready at 1pm with 6 different eating areas to choose from while you wait. If they can do it, why can't P&O? While other lines move forward, P&O seem to step backwards evermore penalising their passengers (select v saver fare inclusions, restricted check in times).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just seen on Facebook that someone embarking Ventura today was given a Checkin time of 15:00 but was onboard and in cabin at 13:45 !!!

So P&O are you enforcing checkin times or not ? [emoji45]

I think I am going to give up commenting now because it would appear P&O are not sticking to their own rules and are going to create even more confusion.

Hi, that statement by CE and some of the posts here detailing the new system, suggest to me they don't make you wait until a specific time. I think they essentially slot early arrivals in between the calls for people adhering to their time - so they aren't delayed by the processing of those who got there earlier than their scheduled slot.

Hi, that statement by CE and some of the posts here detailing the new system, suggest to me they don't make you wait until a specific time. I think they essentially slot early arrivals in between the calls for people adhering to their time - so they aren't delayed by the processing of those who got there earlier than their scheduled slot.

So isn't this pretty much how they used to do it anyway ?

Sue

Well we boarded Anthem Of The Seas two weeks ago. We selected our preferred check in slot when we did our online check in months prior. We arrived on time, they used ipads to check us in (no check in desks) and we were onboard within 5 mins of arriving at the terminal. That ship has over 1000 more passengers than Britannia and it worked flawlessly. Its a simple process, allows people a choice of check in slots on a first come first served basis (not status or cabin related)and their cabins are ready at 1pm with 6 different eating areas to choose from while you wait. If they can do it, why can't P&O? While other lines move forward, P&O seem to step backwards evermore penalising their passengers (select v saver fare inclusions, restricted check in times).

Perfect Kevin 😀

Would you like to let Christopher Edgington know how it should be done ? 😂

Sue

It was always first come first served:cool:

Yes but you were still given a boarding time. If they say they have changed the process and you must stick to your time, then they let you on early still, then whats the point 😕

Yes but you were still given a boarding time. If they say they have changed the process and you must stick to your time, then they let you on early still, then whats the point 😕

To be honest I must confess to never noticing the boarding time until this year when we were told to on Britannia. Hubby and I always arrived just after midday and never had to wait very long. All change now. :eek:

Perhaps I should duck now that I have admitted to arriving early:D

So isn't this pretty much how they used to do it anyway ?

Sue

No because it was straight first come first served then - so if 500 people got there before you, and you arrived at your time you would have to wait for those 500 to be processed first. I believe there are various colours and letters now, so the nearer it is to your boarding time the less time you have to wait - the idea being those arriving on time aren't penalised by being behind those arriving early. Also the big difference is that the Caribbean tier are treated the same as everyone else in that they have a set time too, but they go to the front of the queue when their letter and colour are called - so you may get a Caribbean member with a boarding time of 3.30 when they used to get priority as soon as they arrived. Also P&O said they are allocating times by 'deck' but from what I've read it looks like they are doing it in sections, suites and midship balconies seem to have early times - in a way this suggests the more you pay the earlier you get on, but we would need more data to establish what system they are using. The thing is I'm not sure how well they are communicating this which might be why it's not running very smoothly at the moment. Ultimately I'm not sure any of us know exactly what's going on.

Edited by Florry

To be honest I must confess to never noticing the boarding time until this year when we were told to on Britannia. Hubby and I always arrived just after midday and never had to wait very long. All change now. :eek:

I'd go and hide on FB for a while if I was you [emoji6]

No because it was straight first come first served then - so if 500 people got there before you, and you arrived at your time you would have to wait for those 500 to be processed first. I believe there are various colours and letters now, so the nearer it is to your boarding time the less time you have to wait - the idea bring those arriving on time aren't penalised by being behind those arriving early. Also the big difference is that the Caribbean tier are treated the same as everyone else in that they have a set time too, but they go to the front of the queue when their letter and colour are called - so you may get a Caribbean member with a boarding time of 3.30 when they used to get priority as soon as they arrived. Also P&O said they are allocating times by 'deck' but from what I've read it looks like they are doing it in sections, suites and midship balconies seem to have early times - in a way this suggests the more you pay the earlier you get on, but we would need more data to establish what system they are using. The thing is I'm not sure how well they are communicating this which might be why it's not running very smoothly at the moment. Ultimately I'm not sure any of us know exactly what's going on.

I think your last sentence sums it up but I am not sure P&O know what they are doing either at the moment 😉

It was first come first served before but people still had boarding times, I know I did but I was one of those who turned up early cos we had to check out of hotel as they had no facilities for you to wait there.

Well said Kevin, that pretty well sums it up (especially the last sentence)

I should be shot at dawn then Trish 😂

I did notice the boarding time but turned up early too as had to check out of hotel.

Sue

I won't be telling anything over there in case I get banned from the groups:D

Haha they won't kick you off 'P&O Cruise Fans' pirates are allowed there [emoji6] it's the only FB cruise related group I'm in - the others won't have me [emoji23]

Haha they won't kick you off 'P&O Cruise Fans' pirates are allowed there [emoji6] it's the only FB cruise related group I'm in - the others won't have me [emoji23][/QUOT

Haven't heard of that one Florry.

Join now! Although don't expect any sort of sensible discussion it's a fun group.

Edited by Florry

That was my experience of getting on (and an organised getting off too) the Anthem in June, nice to see it wasn't a one off.

C'mon P&O pull your fingers out!

It will be interesting to see what Dai's experience of getting on Britannia was.

Well after reading all about the so called embarkation at Southampton what a load of rubbish the times are picked by a computer so PO told me when I phoned so if you are on a bus you could get a 12.30 time as they do not know how you will be traveling

The buses do not arrive until 2pm ish so just imagine

You also have a 2pm time and 4buses turn up at the same time

So what has happened to the loyalty

For passengers that are in Baltic and higher PO are not looking after us at all they keep taking away what little we have for being regular

Customers