Azura - New Improved Embarkation Process

FAB1

Nothing wrong with it being about a free lunch. You've paid for say a 14 night cruise and should be entitled to 14 breakfasts, 14 dinners and 14 lunches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surely you are only entitled to 13 lunches?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So you board at 3.30 and Muster is at 4.30. That's either a rushed lunch or a very late lunch. Not sure why anyone is suggesting the changes are to benefit passengers. Sure some may be accepting of it but on the whole P&O are removing yet another part of the cruise experience. Seriously try a US line, we've been onboard by 10.30 at Southampton. No priority boarding, just regular passengers turning up and boarding. Do P&O not try out their competition and realise that they themselves are stepping backwards? How can this be progress?

On board for 10.30 am ? How can the cabins all be ready for that time ? Do those who were on the ship for the previous cruise have to get off for 5.00 am or something ?

On board for 10.30 am ? How can the cabins all be ready for that time ? Do those who were on the ship for the previous cruise have to get off for 5.00 am or something ?

On celebrity solstice class the cabin corridors have the doors from the lift/stairs area closed until all the cabins are ready. So you cannot drop off your carry ons until they announce that cabins are ready. Not a problem for us, we always ensure we have the very minimum carry on items and these fit easily in one small bag, so we don't require the cabins to be ready when we board.

Edited by terrierjohn

Departing on RCI ships in Southampton starts at 6:15 and the latest is 9:15. Thats when we was on a few years ago.

So going from the people who wish to board first on P and O, for whatever reason.

Would they also be prepared to get off their cruise at the above times.

Mind you I like the idea of the fire doors being shut, so the cabins can be prepared in peace, without all the wandering-just want to drop this off--sort of thing.

when do we think this thread will end its little journey?

So you board at 3.30 and Muster is at 4.30. That's either a rushed lunch or a very late lunch. Not sure why anyone is suggesting the changes are to benefit passengers. Sure some may be accepting of it but on the whole P&O are removing yet another part of the cruise experience. Seriously try a US line, we've been onboard by 10.30 at Southampton. No priority boarding, just regular passengers turning up and boarding. Do P&O not try out their competition and realise that they themselves are stepping backwards? How can this be progress?

I said a few weeks back about boarding at 3.30 wouldn't give you time to grab a cup of tea and unpack before muster, also if you were eating on an early sitting you would then probably end up unpacking late at night after the shows. Not sure if it was on here or Facebook I posted that but loads of people jumped on me and said I was wrong and muster wasn't until 5 or later. So thanks I am glad you are saying 4.30 as well.

Does anyone know if this has been rolled out on Ventura yet or at Mayflower Terminal please?

I said a few weeks back about boarding at 3.30 wouldn't give you time to grab a cup of tea and unpack before muster, also if you were eating on an early sitting you would then probably end up unpacking late at night after the shows. Not sure if it was on here or Facebook I posted that but loads of people jumped on me and said I was wrong and muster wasn't until 5 or later. So thanks I am glad you are saying 4.30 as well.

How long does it take you to unpack. I can do mine in 15 minutes.

Arrived at 3 for 3pm check in time. Now sat in Ocean terminal waiting to be called. We have letter Z and currently on S. Let's see how efficient P&O are today. Turning up later has meant no queues in the car at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone with time to kill in Southampton but being safely near the quays - The Duke of Wellington in Bugle Street is a very pleasant place to have a lunch situated in a delightful part of the old walls in Southampton near St Michael's church.

Does anyone know if this has been rolled out on Ventura yet or at Mayflower Terminal please?

People who have sailed recently have posted the muster was later.

I think the person who you agreed with was just posting about times of muster in the past.

Will be glad when this new system has been going for a few weeks so people who do stick much closer to their allowed time can report back whether they are on board sooner.

How long does it take you to unpack. I can do mine in 15 minutes.

15 minutes for me too. Don't want to waste any more time than that.:eek:

Arrived at 3 for 3pm check in time. Now sat in Ocean terminal waiting to be called. We have letter Z and currently on S. Let's see how efficient P&O are today. Turning up later has meant no queues in the car at least.

So arriving at the correct time doesn't mean straight on:eek:

No. Arriving at designated time didn't mean no waiting. We waited about 30-40 mins in the terminal.

That's a shame. Hope you weren't too rushed before muster. Some have been told that if you arrive at your allocated time you will get straight on:rolleyes:

That's a shame. Hope you weren't too rushed before muster. Some have been told that if you arrive at your allocated time you will get straight on:rolleyes:

What you have to remember is that there are lots of people with the same time [emoji16]