Celebrity I'm begging you

Jane2357

The dumbest part of this--and I've said the same thing about DCL's site--is that they are allowing a horrendously bad website to prevent potential customers from giving them money. There is no part of that that isn't stupid, in 2015.

I'm guessing a lot of the problem is website work contracted out to cheap third party producers.

........ When I log in and try to go to any of the pages on My Celebrity it goes to this web address

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/mycelebrity/home.do

which is always a total blank page.

That is my ISSUE lol. ,,,,,

Sorry, I have no idea why you are getting a blank page there.

I just tried clicking on the link you provided and it goes right to the Celebrity sign in page that asks for User Name and Password.

However, even though I click on your link, the address displayed on my address bar changes to

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/login

Maybe if you try clicking on this link instead ........

( I think that the address ending in .do just redirects it to the login address.)

If that doesn't work for you, maybe it will if you first clear your cookies and history and try rebooting your computer; then try it again..........

Then if that still doesn't work, hopefully someone else here will have a better suggestion.

Edited by fleckle

The dumbest part of this--and I've said the same thing about DCL's site--is that they are allowing a horrendously bad website to prevent potential customers from giving them money. There is no part of that that isn't stupid, in 2015.

I'm guessing a lot of the problem is website work contracted out to cheap third party producers.

I'd have to agree. Looks like initial bad programming combined with no updating of their programs as well as additional plug-ins being added on over time without ensuring they work throughout the database.

It is so ridiculous that they have these website problem when the issues are all fixable and hence unneccessary. Really shows a lack of consideration for the customer.

The only thing more ridiculous than their not fixing the website are individuals claiming not to have ever had a problem (or never noticed I suspect) with the website and then alluding to the problems being on the part of the web user or their computer set-up. They're kidding, right?

Particularly telling people to chill out which is very condescending considering no one is really flipping out. People come to these threads to vent their dissatisfaction with others who have experienced the same annoyances. Those suggesting people should just passively accept the bad website and problems are really beyond the pale. Why does anyone advocate dumbing things down or emplore people to accept substandard service from a business entity? Why advocate for the lowest level of performance?

I guess they don't think people deserve better.

I think people deserve the best effort possible from those they do business with.

Edited by aquafemme
addition and typo

OMG Celebrity's website is the worst. It's painfull at best. You would think with being a "luxury" line that they would get there s**t together. Sometimes its faster and easier to call, which I hate doing because I'm a control freak.

The website does need a lot of work and it's a shame that it's so awful. We finally got my parents back on to Celebrity from Regent and now Mom's refusing to cruise Celebrity again because of how gaffy the website is.

Edited by DZalumni

Sorry, I have no idea why you are getting a blank page there.

I just tried clicking on the link you provided and it goes right to the Celebrity sign in page that asks for User Name and Password.

However, even though I click on your link, the address displayed on my address bar changes to

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/login

Maybe if you try clicking on this link instead ........

( I think that the address ending in .do just redirects it to the login address.)

If that doesn't work for you, maybe it will if you first clear your cookies and history and try rebooting your computer; then try it again..........

Then if that still doesn't work, hopefully someone else here will have a better suggestion.

Thanks for your help! I guess I will try clearing the cookies. I tried again today and same thing. I am logged in already when I click on My Celebrity or "book excusions" "Print your boarding stuff" It goes to the .do page and nothing loads. So when you click that link and get the log in page, I already did that page.

Can you log in and actually get to your My Celebrity page?

Not only that I clicked on captains club and have zero points even thoough I took a 7 day cruise with them last year and signed up for the captains club.

Dont you get points for taking a cruise?

Thanks for your help, it's a real pain to have to delete cookies etc. I should not have to do that!

Any idea why our TA's cruise confirmation (from Celebrity) would not match the website? The email from X to the TA is different than what shows up on the site. (I have the mail headers and it came from Celebrity. There's no doubt.)

My TA conferenced me in to a Celebrity customer service rep, who confirmed that what our TA sent us is legitimate. I know that I should be happy, but I don't think it's too much to ask to be able to see our correct and accurate reservation on Celebrity's website. The whole process has a distinct Prodigy / Compuserve /AOL dial up feel. Perhaps I'm being harsh, and Celebrity's suite product will be better on board.

Any idea why our TA's cruise confirmation (from Celebrity) would not match the website? The email from X to the TA is different than what shows up on the site. (I have the mail headers and it came from Celebrity. There's no doubt.)

My TA conferenced me in to a Celebrity customer service rep, who confirmed that what our TA sent us is legitimate. I know that I should be happy, but I don't think it's too much to ask to be able to see our correct and accurate reservation on Celebrity's website. The whole process has a distinct Prodigy / Compuserve /AOL dial up feel. Perhaps I'm being harsh, and Celebrity's suite product will be better on board.

It is MUCH better on board.

Oh and wait until you make final payment, receive a confirmation that you are paid, and the website says $xxx due. :rolleyes: It will most likely happen.

And I still remember my Prodigy login :eek:

PIF today, but I'm going through the box store as my TA, so I paid through their website. Every now and then I log into celebrity's site to see if my cruise still exists. So far it does and it knows my name and correct room #. My reservation status is "Booked", which seems less final than "Paid", but whatever. My "Total Charge" is N/A.

Tuscan Grill is still listed as an Italian Stakehouse. I will keep pointing this out and making fun of it as long as it continues to be true.

I've booked a balcony guarantee on a ship which is now sold out so you can imagine my angst.

At least when there are cabins available, you have some clue as to where you might end up but in my case, I have no inkling of that. And as we're still 40 days out, guessing Celebrity is betting someone will cancel between now and then and will assign that cabin to me.

And so for over the past few weeks I've been playing the waiting game, checking my reservation daily. Half the time, the website tells me my reservation is being updated and to check back in 20 minutes which gets me all excited thinking I've FINALLY been assigned a room only to check back and still no assignment....a terrible tease, for sure. :cool:

...but then again, you know that old saying, "good things come to those who wait". Here's hoping! :rolleyes:

I've booked a balcony guarantee on a ship which is now sold out so you can imagine my angst.

At least when there are cabins available, you have some clue as to where you might end up but in my case, I have no inkling of that. And as we're still 40 days out, guessing Celebrity is betting someone will cancel between now and then and will assign that cabin to me.

And so for over the past few weeks I've been playing the waiting game, checking my reservation daily. Half the time, the website tells me my reservation is being updated and to check back in 20 minutes which gets me all excited thinking I've FINALLY been assigned a room only to check back and still no assignment....a terrible tease, for sure. :cool:

...but then again, you know that old saying, "good things come to those who wait". Here's hoping! :rolleyes:

If you don't click on "exit my reservation" each time you leave the specific reservation, you will always get the reservation being updated message if you try to look again. It's you who is in the reservation. It reverts back after 20 minutes. I have a feeling that a lot of problems people encounter are because they don't exit the reservation before looking at something else.

No doubt it's a website with problems but some of them are caused by us not using it correctly.

It is MUCH better on board.

Oh and wait until you make final payment, receive a confirmation that you are paid, and the website says $xxx due. :rolleyes: It will most likely happen.

And I still remember my Prodigy login :eek:

Thanks! I really hope so. We're pretty far out from our sailing.

Our first cruise leaves in 26 days and we have no assignment, cruise has disappeared from the website for two weeks or more. . .

If you don't click on "exit my reservation" each time you leave the specific reservation, you will always get the reservation being updated message if you try to look again. It's you who is in the reservation. It reverts back after 20 minutes. I have a feeling that a lot of problems people encounter are because they don't exit the reservation before looking at something else.

No doubt it's a website with problems but some of them are caused by us not using it correctly.

Thank you for your input and I'm sure you meant to be helpful, not at all condescending ;) but I have used the Celebrity website for years and never had this particular problem.

What you're saying is correct BUT I'm getting the "updating, wait 20 minutes" warning when I ORIGINALLY sign on. And if I'm then able to successfully access it 20 minutes later, I'm obviously exiting the reservation properly. I presently have two other reservations with Celebrity, neither of which is having this problem. Arrgh!

(sorry to sound snarky...been a tough Monday)

Thank you for your input and I'm sure you meant to be helpful, not at all condescending ;) but I have used the Celebrity website for years and never had this particular problem.

What you're saying is correct BUT I'm getting the "updating, wait 20 minutes" warning when I ORIGINALLY sign on. And if I'm then able to successfully access it 20 minutes later, I'm obviously exiting the reservation properly. I presently have two other reservations with Celebrity, neither of which is having this problem. Arrgh!

(sorry to sound snarky...been a tough Monday)

Not being condescending at all, just trying to provide some information that could be helpful.

Receiving that "in use" message is not due to the user but due to the system. Proper coding doesn't work that way. Either you left or you didn't -- you should either get the last screen when reverting to the page or you should get a screen requesting you sign in. That you get a "in use" message means the system has not recognized that you left the page nor that you are the person signed into the page. Basically the system is in limbo at that point and people are getting the in use message because there is a broken communication link within the site. Actually, there are plenty of broken links on this site.

ive been reading about website problems for at least 3 years. I also believe they just don't care. There business must be doing good or they would care, I think. For the money they spent on the lawns and no other line has copied them. Just think of the state of the art website they could have built instead of having lawns on a cruise ship. What a waste of space and money.

It could be a lot worse, and in some ways it's pretty good but... I will admit as a (semi-former) web developer I occasionally get the urge to relocate and probably take a pay cut in order to work on Royal and/or Celebrity's web sites and make them better, because I love the cruises but I can't stand when these things aren't done right.

In some ways they're pretty good, in other ways they're about 10+ years out of date. That's a long time in technology.

Thanks for your help! I guess I will try clearing the cookies. I tried again today and same thing. I am logged in already when I click on My Celebrity or "book excusions" "Print your boarding stuff" It goes to the .do page and nothing loads. So when you click that link and get the log in page, I already did that page.

Can you log in and actually get to your My Celebrity page?

Yes. Here is still another link that takes me directly to My Celebrity, where I can sign in with my User Name and Password.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/login?cS=GlobalHeader

It immediately brings up My Celebrity and displays my current reservations.

If I click EXPLORE CRUISE PLANNER (at the right side of each reservation) I see the Cruise Planner with its links to Shore Excursions, Dining & Beverage, etc.

I don't see that .do page that you are seeing at all.

Not only that I clicked on captains club and have zero points even thoough I took a 7 day cruise with them last year and signed up for the captains club.

Dont you get points for taking a cruise?

Yes, most definitely. They are usually posted within a couple of weeks of taking the cruise.

Have you tried calling the Captain's Club about it? 1-800-760-0654

I usually find the people who answer the phones there to be helpful.

It would be a good idea to have your Captain's Club number, ship name, cruise date and cruise reservation number handy when you call them about this.

Thanks for your help, it's a real pain to have to delete cookies etc. I should not have to do that!
Although well worth it to me and I do it quite frequently.

It only takes a couple of seconds each time to clear out all that stuff, and doing it seems to keep my computer running more efficiently.

I certainly do not intend to imply that I don't have problems with the Celebrity website, because I have had plenty of them, only different problems than the ones you are having.

In fact, I just got off the phone with Celebrity about one of them, and once again the agent admitted that it is a known problem.

It seems like they say that whenever I call them about a problem I am having with their website. :eek:

Edited by fleckle

I just logged into celebrity, clicked Online Checkin, the page reloaded once and then:

The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again in 20 minutes.

Pardon my acronym, but FFS.

Programming: you're doing it wrong.

I like to go to Manage My Reservation first, to see if my cabin has been assigned. Then I try to go to Online Checkin for the same reservation. Can't be done, always get the 'being modified' message. That's just ridiculous.

Yes. Here is still another link that takes me directly to My Celebrity, where I can sign in with my User Name and Password.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/login?cS=GlobalHeader

It immediately brings up My Celebrity and displays my current reservations.

If I click EXPLORE CRUISE PLANNER (at the right side of each reservation) I see the Cruise Planner with its links to Shore Excursions, Dining & Beverage, etc.

I don't see that .do page that you are seeing at all.

Yes, most definitely. They are usually posted within a couple of weeks of taking the cruise.

Have you tried calling the Captain's Club about it? 1-800-760-0654

I usually find the people who answer the phones there to be helpful.

It would be a good idea to have your Captain's Club number, ship name, cruise date and cruise reservation number handy when you call them about this.

Although well worth it to me and I do it quite frequently.

It only takes a couple of seconds each time to clear out all that stuff, and doing it seems to keep my computer running more efficiently.

I certainly do not intend to imply that I don't have problems with the Celebrity website, because I have had plenty of them, only different problems than the ones you are having.

In fact, I just got off the phone with Celebrity about one of them, and once again the agent admitted that it is a known problem.

It seems like they say that whenever I call them about a problem I am having with their website. :eek:

I deleted all the cookies and restarted my computer. Nothing. When I click on your link above, at first I got the same sign in page I was getting but when I signed in It woudl say "no special characters" and won't let me sign in. NOW when I click it, I get the blank .do page! I guess I have to be on the phone to them- one thing I HATE to do is to call a big company on the phone. It's so annoying. I already emailed them about this issue. I guess I am the only one.

Anyway thank you for your help! Too bad nothing is working! Boo on them.

Speaking of bad websites, two things:

1) looks like DCL, another famously bad cruise site, got an update today. (See disboards for the thread, not everyone is getting the new version, may have to clear cache etc).

2) cruise critic is performing more crappily today than I've seen in a long time.

Gosh I just called them. He seems to feel my browser is out of date and not matching theirs. This computer is only 4 months old as is my sons. I tried on both with Chrome, Internet explorer and Firefox- downloaded specifically to see. Then he tried to get me to do the online check in over the phone for me and my sister, a very long process as he could not understand me - 4020 not 2020 and Oak not Elk. I would rather they let me in so I can do it myself. I still have 6 weeks before the cruise.

Apparently this is not a common problem...also I have already emailed them twice over a week ago about it to no response.

This is so so so dumb.