Celebrity I'm begging you

Jane2357

GET YOUR WEBSITE RUNNING PROPERLY!!!! :mad: How does this company run with a website that is so screwed up? I've logged in to my account and all 3 of my cruises are missing from the reservation page :eek: So now I've got to tell myself not to panic that they were not mysteriously deleted and try to go back to sleep at 1:37 a.m. in the morning. :(

I've $25,000. worth of merchandise missing - is that how Celebrity should treat it's customers. If the Celebrity Rep is out there - I'm begging you to pass along the concerns of your users with the dismal website. It should not be causing us stress.

GET YOUR WEBSITE RUNNING PROPERLY!!!! :mad: How does this company run with a website that is so screwed up? I've logged in to my account and all 3 of my cruises are missing from the reservation page :eek: So now I've got to tell myself not to panic that they were not mysteriously deleted and try to go back to sleep at 1:37 a.m. in the morning. :(

I've $25,000. worth of merchandise missing - is that how Celebrity should treat it's customers. If the Celebrity Rep is out there - I'm begging you to pass along the concerns of your users with the dismal website. It should not be causing us stress.

The entire RCCL/Celebrity reservation system is offline until 7am for server maintenance. This happens frequently on weekends. During this time period bookings may not show, but will be back in the morning.

Can their IT find a way to avoid this, possibly, but a lot depends on the system architecture. They obviously feel that having all bookings offline for a period once a week is more cost effective than changing the system architecture. :(

I logged in the other day to double check my planner and to make sure everything was filled out properly. To my surprise, my reservation showed that I still owed $1000 after having paid my full amount 3 months ago.:eek:

I immediately called them to gets things straightened out and was relieved to find it was just a website error but seriously....in the year of 2015, you can't have a smooth running website??:confused:

The entire RCCL/Celebrity reservation system is offline until 7am for server maintenance. This happens frequently on weekends. During this time period bookings may not show, but will be back in the morning.

Can their IT find a way to avoid this, possibly, but a lot depends on the system architecture. They obviously feel that having all bookings offline for a period once a week is more cost effective than changing the system architecture. :(

Just checked again - 6:24 a.m. and my reservations ARE BACK! :D:D

If they take the website "offline" then how about they shut the access down - saying that they are offline. Why let people be able to log in to their accounts and see things missing? Makes no sense and is BAD business.

Oh and another thing although it was minor - I was trying to complete the on line checkin for my husband and I. I've done it with zero issues for every cruise. No problems with mine but the computer for whatever reason would not complete section 1 for my husband, all the other sections said complete just section 1 which I tried re-doing several times over the course of days.

Finally had to call the number they give for assistance and the girl said that "they were having some glitches" with the system. She got the segment checked for me but it shouldn't be this difficult.

1. Only ever log on to the website am. Then pm you can telephone to sort anomalies and still sleep.

2. Always expect it to be difficult then occasionally you can be pleasantly surprised.

3. Have alcohol to hand ready for medication after every website visit.

4. Try to smile and see the website as past of Celebrity's pre-cruise comedy programme with no additional cost.

1. Only ever log on to the website am. Then pm you can telephone to sort anomalies and still sleep.

2. Always expect it to be difficult then occasionally you can be pleasantly surprised.

4. Try to smile and see the website as past of Celebrity's pre-cruise comedy programme with no additional cost.

Good attitude! :)

Although I follow policy #2 on all cruise line web sites....:o

... challenges.

I Am always bewildered when postings about the web site continue to show up here, especially when it is considered a 'know fact' (or not in my case) that many passengers to be have challenges with it.

Unless the sailing is within four (4) days and you really, really, really, really need to print out something or another issue has arisen what is the issue with waiting a bit for the web site to come back online??? If perchance it is after hours, how about an email with a next day call with the urgency?

For example, my next sailing is not until February 2016, I check from time to time to make reservations for something on-board, it is not available vis-a-vis the web site, so far but with a quick email to X they were able to place me on the wait list for this function. Yes, as time gets closer, much closer as in within 45 days or less, I may choose to check more often with X direct about the wait list clearing.

Yeah, if one has 15 cruises booked and they do not appear, I Am sure this is a temporary challenge, as I Am sure you have documentation for each and every one in case it became a permanent situation irrespective of their total value to you or X.

I think 'chill' is the operative approach to this situation and know it will all be well and good when you are on the ship...

bon voyage and have fun... bo1953

Brah, ha, ha, - got it! I LOVE #3 - and will abide by #1 from here on out!!!

We have 3 cruises booked with X (all with triple perks) but decided to try Princess in 2017... for the southern pacific coastal on Ruby...even got some perks !

The Princess website functions well....you can easily browse cruises, excursions, ships etc and easy to check your res...even calling in has been easy...so different than what we have learned to endure with X

We were also surprised to find some Celeb cruisers now posting on the Princess CC boards....guess loyalty is not as strong as it was in the past!

Glad your res reappeared

Not sure how the red face was added....not intended!

Edited by hcat

Love it! Especially #2.

I have very low expectations of Celebrity shoreside. They promise extra points for certain sailings and don't deliver. They say they will give double points for solo occupancy and don't deliver. One has to call to achieve all these things. And have the patience to wait on line for a very long time. Mostly I don't have that patience.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I have cruised quite a lot, on many different cruise lines. I am from the camp that I like having the differences of the different cruise lines. That being said, this is my first Celebrity Cruise since 1991 (no online check-in hehehe) and I am not thrilled with their website compared to others. The website is harder to navigate in my personal opinion than the other cruise lines, and this makes me less likely to look at excursions, etc because I don't feel like dealing with their website.

We have 3 cruises booked with X (all with triple perks) but decided to try Princess in 2017... for the southern pacific coastal on Ruby...even got some perks !

The Princess website functions well....you can easily browse cruises, excursions, ships etc and easy to check your res...even calling in has been easy...so different than what we have learned to endure with X

We were also surprised to find some Celeb cruisers now posting on the Princess CC boards....guess loyalty is not as strong as it was in the past!

Glad your res reappeared

Not sure how the red face was added....not intended!

Go over and look at Princess' website. It's very user friendly and not confusing like Celebrity's. It's easy to negotiate and I haven't had any problems managing our two upcoming Princess cruises.

The excuse people here try to give is that's it too time consuming and difficult for Celebrity to have a good website. That's bull. For some reason, they either don't care or they have employed a terrible webmaster. But in this day and age, there's absolutely no reason to have such a bad website.

hcat, your's truly is one of those who have nearly abandoned Celebrity and have gone over to other lines. We cancelled three Celebrity cruises and are going back to Princess and Crystal. All these silly pricing schemes(Big, Better, Best is just totally stupid, imho-----just price the cabins with one price and have promos like 1-2-3 once in a while) and a further deterioration of the Celebrity product that we used to love so much, has finally caused us to move in another direction.

Bottom line is that Celebrity is well aware of the Web Site issues, how can they not be:mad:! As such, we must infer that they just do not care :confused: It is not THAT expensive or difficult to build a smooth operating site, come on!:(

We have always told ourselves that the quality of the on board experience made up for the terrible website issues and nightmarish pre-planning. But ENOUGH, don't need the aggravation! Our March Celebrity cruise will be our last with this uncaring line, after all why should we care if they clearly do not! There are other quality cruise experiences out there and are already in the process of planning our next cruise, Princess. That website has been easy for me to navigate, plan and use.

I suspect that until Celebrity sees a marked reduction in their frequent loyal customer base it will continue to not care!

Full disclosure: Yes I will probably check in on the website from time to time, but am not optimistic!

I would like to start researching excursions now for my November cruise. I wanted to see first what the ship is offering. But I cannot get into my celebrity AT all for 3 days day, day or night.

I keep trying but I sign in and it goes to a nothing page. Is this a known problem? Are they trying to fix it? What is the deal? Is it just down for 3 days in a row?

Hi Bo 1953,

Glad you do chill when anomalies arise. I am more of a 1.37 am panic person like Jane 2357, hence the need for my rules as posted.

The snag is when you do see an anomily you don't know if it is a 'nothing' or if there is a serious glitch. My experience is do not ignore, always investigate. It is frustrating, even the little things like knowing OBC will not necessarily be posted when you get on board...and always ensuring you take paper copies 'just in case'.

So how does the website make me feel about looking at other lines? It honestly has no effect. It can frustrate, but the bottom line is I love Celebrity, when I phone to get information, query an issue, it is always sorted and when I get on board everything is always wonderful.

I guess that is why I have rule 4.

Hi Bo 1953,

Glad you do chill when anomalies arise. I am more of a 1.37 am panic person like Jane 2357, hence the need for my rules as posted.

The snag is when you do see an anomaly you don't know if it is a 'nothing' or if there is a serious glitch. My experience is do not ignore, always investigate. It is frustrating, even the little things like knowing OBC will not necessarily be posted when you get on board...and always ensuring you take paper copies 'just in case'.

So how does the website make me feel about looking at other lines? It honestly has no effect. It can frustrate, but the bottom line is I love Celebrity, when I phone to get information, query an issue, it is always sorted and when I get on board everything is always wonderful.

I guess that is why I have rule 4.

Chemmo,

1.37a with the website down can cause a great deal of agita, I Am sure...

I would not recommend ignoring per se, but waiting a bit to see if things change, if not ring up X when they open, which I trust for many will yield the same results, just a web glitch and X sees the correct and current info in their system which matters most.

If what is in their system is incorrect you will have emails or paper trail with the correct info so it can be resolved.

While not sure how often at embarkation day are things wrong? I do accept that a passenger or two will have challenges, which hopefully gets cleared up either at check in or at customer service with few hurdles.

Thank you chemmo, if you ever find X's site down, just come here and read for a bit... ;-)

bon voyage...

Agree. I pay no attention to web site. Use the V guys for excellent info. Over 30 X cruises.Have asked for Email sales info several times, never received any. I just double check res with cruise agent prior to final payment date to be sure everythings OK. If my budget allowed it, I would dump X for Oceania.

I am sorry, but what I cannot get past and ignore is Celebrity's "Laissez Faire" attitude towards the issues with their own product. My concern is how long will it take to affect their overall product offering?

MII - based on a very quick search here on CC only, complaints go back as far as 2010... so since then people are still complaining about the website, I do wonder how it is affecting their business? My sailing appears to be 90% booked, do not know about others though.

X may have lost some previous passengers due to computer challenges/glitches, but it appears, to me at least, that the website might be a problem which few individuals complain or worry about.

Just my take on it though... any other input which may be based on better information than I have available.

bon voyage.

Has anyone recently tried reporting a problem using the link

email us

from Contact Us under CUSTOMER SUPPORT at the bottom of the main X web page?

I have not tried it recently, but the last time I filled out all the information and clicked Send, it did not work.

I did post my issue on their facebook page and they replied that I should write and email explaining my issue to concerns@celebrity.com.

I just did that. When I log in and try to go to any of the pages on My Celebrity it goes to this web address

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/mycelebrity/home.do

which is always a total blank page.

That is my ISSUE lol. I can't see into my account at all. I can click the back browser and get to the main page where it also says Welcome Lisa, showing that I am indeed logged in.

I tried 2 browsers also. It is really stupid. I can't be the only one.