Port Everglades baggage porters & parking

Straughn

I saw a post where someone said that, on disembarkation, the porters at Port Everglades would take your luggage to your car if it was parked in the port garage. I have also read that the garage can be a distance from the ships. Anyone else been able to do this? I will be on Celebrity Equinox which I am guessing means I would park in mid port garage.

Reason this matters is that I am a solo cruiser and would not be able to leave the bags with a traveling partner while I retrieve the car. I don't want to have to lug them by myself to the garage.

I am aware that there is off site parking that will pick you up at the port and drop you off at your car and that it is less expensive than port parking. I have read the many threads and recommendations about offsite options. My question is about parking at the port.

I saw a post where someone said that, on disembarkation, the porters at Port Everglades would take your luggage to your car if it was parked in the port garage. I have also read that the garage can be a distance from the ships. Anyone else been able to do this? I will be on Celebrity Equinox which I am guessing means I would park in mid port garage.

Reason this matters is that I am a solo cruiser and would not be able to leave the bags with a traveling partner while I retrieve the car. I don't want to have to lug them by myself to the garage.

I am aware that there is off site parking that will pick you up at the port and drop you off at your car and that it is less expensive than port parking. I have read the many threads and recommendations about offsite options. My question is about parking at the port.

This should help from the Port Everglades website (http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/arriving-and-departing/):

Returning Passengers (Disembarkation):

Consider porter service. After inspection, you may use porter services hired by your cruise lines to deliver your bags to private cars, taxis, and limousines or to baggage trucks for direct delivery to the airport. Tipping is optional.

I will be very happy to give the porter a generous tip if he will take the luggage to the car in the parking garage. The reason I am pressing the point about the parking garage is that different ports/cruise lines have different policies about how far from the terminal the porters may go. I don't want to park there if I cannot get assistance with the luggage at disembarkation.

The quote from the port website is helpful but vague. Clearly the porters will take it to buses/cars/trucks at curbside, but will they go to the parking garage?

Thanks for the answers so far.