Live - Jewel of the Seas 26 Sept - 10 Oct 2015 Bill & Marie's 1st B2B

PCWalton1

Hi

We are driving down the coast from SF to LA. We saw the Jewel sail under the Golden Gate Bridge and dock in SF! We are sitting on the balcony of our hotel in Monterey and we saw the ship dock this am! We will be boarding on Saturday! What a treat to see you today!

Diane and Steve

Is that perfect or what - how fun[emoji2] Did you plan that or are you just LUCKY !!!

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Edited by MindyJohn

Jewel docked at Pier 27, the new cruise ship terminal in SF. It was very convenient- tour buses, taxis, and private vehicles offer pick up right out front. And there are even a few benches for waiting. It is 0.7 of a mile from Fisherman's Wharf.

Thank you for the info.

Whenever I feel stressed, I imagine I am walking on this path from Cannery Row out to the Pacific Grove Municipal Golf Course. Thank you for posting so many pictures.

Glad you have such a pretty day.

My husband and I having going to the area since 1980. We have gone twice this year. Once on a cruise this Monterey was a port of call.

Looking forward to more.

149947b4c5fd4d2ffedfcc6ad2332049.jpg

553b4b502c1a8fa4b6aff7fb8c3189d0.jpg

3f28d4407ee09399b6969eec06200d91.jpg

On the way back we ate lunch at Crabby Jims. Great chowder and a delicious shrimp & crab sandwich. Sorry about the missing bite, no self control.

5b2c001c053e5726dd60d1ac22753c82.jpg

It was a wonderful day, nice and warm with a slight breeze to keep it from getting too hot.

3591f70a66e19773714a65d7587b1506.jpg

204ec85120730729b4c8d5238088dd5a.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Whenever I feel stressed, I imagine I am walking on this path from Cannery Row out to the Pacific Grove Municipal Golf Course. Thank you for posting so many pictures.

Glad you have such a pretty day.

My husband and I having going to the area since 1980. We have gone twice this year. Once on a cruise this Monterey was a port of call.

Looking forward to more.

It was very enjoyable to walk along the path, wish we had started earlier. Most people were friendly with the exception of a few maniacal bicyclists. :eek: It was all good. :)

So tonight we give up on the nightly diamond event. We tried for 20 minutes to get the waitress to take our drink order to no avail. Normally I am ok with that and just go to the bar. But twice I got her attention in attempts to order, she acknowledged then walked away. Both times when she came back she once again took orders for the tables around then skipped by us. I signaled to a waiter by the bar to try to get service. He went to that waitress, pointed to our table and once again she walked away.

The whole time the LA Maria was chatting up a table a couple down from us, I mentioned to her on the way out they should work on the wait staff up there but she looked at me like I was talking in another language. I may have been a little short with her but I was frustrated by then.

So we are down in the Schooner Bar were they seem to like us. [emoji4]

Wet went to the headliner show tonight. It was a five man a capella group called The Edge Effect. They were really amazing and hot the audience really into it. A cut above much of the entertainment we have seen.

70b023a66402bf504e4ac35cc8c58055.jpg

200f80f0f45c575cd097ea121cad6902.jpg

854bc7b351ee89f9dc053e32fd328acb.jpg

I want to apologize about my complaining earlier this evening. As I said, when we can't get waiter service I normally just go up to the bar and order. In fact, most of the time that is quicker.

It was just the waitress was blatantly ignoring us, even when the other waiter pointed to our table and talked to her. Maybe it was because we were alone, I don't know. But we struggle to fit in up there as it is, I didn't need to get it from the wait staff too.

This may be TMI but Mare and I are not outgoing people (I know it may not seem that way with our live reports :o). When we sit alone it's because we are uncomfortable asking to sit with people we do not know, we are not antisocial. Thankfully over the past few years of cruising some of you have gone out of your way to try to help us fit in and we greatly appreciate it. Well as I said, too much information so let's move on. :o

I want to apologize about my complaining earlier this evening. As I said, when we can't get waiter service I normally just go up to the bar and order. In fact, most of the time that is quicker.

It was just the waitress was blatantly ignoring us, even when the other waiter pointed to our table and talked to her. Maybe it was because we were alone, I don't know. But we struggle to fit in up there as it is, I didn't need to get it from the wait staff too.

This may be TMI but Mare and I are not outgoing people (I know it may not seem that way with our live reports :o). When we sit alone it's because we are uncomfortable asking to sit with people we do not know, we are not antisocial. Thankfully over the past few years of cruising some of you have gone out of your way to try to help us fit in and we greatly appreciate it. Well as I said, too much information so let's move on. :o

Bill, my husband and I are the same way. We often sit by ourselves at the diamond events,which is o.k. with us. We enjoy each others company. Thanks for the great live report. I enjoy "cruisin" with you and your wife😀. Maybe one day we will be luck enough to be on a cruise with you and Marie..........;)

No need for apologies, Bill. That would be a bad experience for anyone on this thread and we want to hear the "whole" live report - not just the good stuff. It seems many people in the lounges already have long term friendships so the vibe you describe is not unique to you and Marie. One of these days we'll be able to sail with you and we look forward to sharing a cocktail hour along with other activities ! Thanks again for your posts - you have many fans !!!

Bill and Marie: You are not the only couple that cruises just the two of you and are friendly social people but sit together in crowded lounges. My DH and I do the same thing. It is not alright to be ignored as you described especially since you gained the wait staff attention several times. Thank you for your live reports they are very much enjoyed and appreciated and your pictures are great. Please don't let this experience spoil your trip - and like the above poster said - we all want to know the good and the not so good.

Thank you for your review - now that being said, let's move onto the next events in your live report. :D:D

I want to add that my wife and I are the same and have experienced the same thing as you. It makes me worry as I have an upcoming cruise with lots of people that are D and higher that appear to know each other.

You're not alone though. The same exact thing and I get just as angry when it happens. I once went to the bar cause I gave up and the concierge asked me why I got up when I explained I was getting ignored we got some of the best Service ever. We like to keep to ourselves and since we normally drop a kid off just before going in most people wouldn't want to talk about what we are talking about so we are ok with that. Just odd when servers and even the mgmt that comes into the lounges at times ignore us.

So glad to see my friend, Nonnie, in your picture. She is one of us Arizona Cruisers.

Norine

Me, too! I was glad to see Nonnie.:)

We are leaving for San Pedro in the morning. I know you will be sad to be leaving the Jewel, but we are excited to board! So much to do today.....

At the M&M the CD John Blair asked if people would have preferred more at sea days on this cruise. He started giving different scenarios and asking who would like them. Someone finally said just make it a west coast cruise and any itinerary will be fine. [emoji2]