Live - Jewel of the Seas 26 Sept - 10 Oct 2015 Bill & Marie's 1st B2B

PCWalton1

Great pictures of SF.

If you have time could you mention whether or not the Sea View Café is open on embarkation day. We would love to eat there right away this Saturday.

Thanks a lot!

On the September 18th sailing of the Jewel, Seaview Cafe was open from Noon until 3pm, closed for muster, reopened 4:30pm until 6pm and then opened from 8:30pm until 1am with the nighttime "Burgers and Brews" menu.

I found the day one cruise compass and it was about the same this week for the Seaview Cafe. Noon - 3 then 4 - 6.

Is there a fee at the Sea View Cafe?

I believe later in the evening they go to the Burgers and Beer menu, which is $10. Otherwise the venue is complimentary.

Edited by clarea

I believe later in the evening they go to the Burgers and Beer menu, which is $10. Otherwise the venue is complimentary.

From 8:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. Seaview's "Burgers and Brews" dining fee is $10 per person plus gratuities.

Thank you for posting lots of great photos. In SF were you docked at the new terminal?

How does it compare to the terminal near pier 39?

Jewel docked at Pier 27, the new cruise ship terminal in SF. It was very convenient- tour buses, taxis, and private vehicles offer pick up right out front. And there are even a few benches for waiting. It is 0.7 of a mile from Fisherman's Wharf.

Thank you for posting lots of great photos. In SF were you docked at the new terminal?

How does it compare to the terminal near pier 39?

We docked at Pier 35, which, is the closest pier to Pier 39. Easy walk to Pier 39, and, all its restaurants and shops.

Susan :)

So is there nothing else on the menu after 8:30pm that is complimentary?

It appears there are a few complimentary menu items at night, I found info in an earlier thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2178495&page=2. See the menu photos in posts 37 & 38. The 'no charge' items are listed as Chicken Caesar Salad, Soup of the Day, Nathan's Hot Dog, and Reuben Sandwich.

Someone mentioned that burgers are $10 and beer is extra (2 beers for $9). We only dined there for late lunches, so I am not sure what goes on in the evening.

Hi

We are driving down the coast from SF to LA. We saw the Jewel sail under the Golden Gate Bridge and dock in SF! We are sitting on the balcony of our hotel in Monterey and we saw the ship dock this am! We will be boarding on Saturday! What a treat to see you today!

Diane and Steve

Diane, how nice that you got to see the ship you will soon be boarding! Beautiful weather here in Monterey today, similar to the great weather we had in SF! :) See you Saturday!

Jewel docked at Pier 27 a week ago (SF), which is further away from Fisherman's Wharf than the older Pier 35, where we docked this week. The new terminal is very nice, but is a longer walk.

Edited by travelgoddess1