Live - Jewel of the Seas 26 Sept - 10 Oct 2015 Bill & Marie's 1st B2B

PCWalton1

Would you say the busses were busy? We are hopping on one tomorrow and worried that they will be crowded or full when it's time for us to get back on.

They were busy but they come by frequently so I would worry about it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

I was a quiet afternoon so I wandered up to the Next Cruise office and booked Navigator for the 9 day southern Caribbean cruise on Jan 20, 2017 (my birthday :D).

We have never been to the ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao) so looking forward to that. :)

I'll be hitting those same ABC islands on the Adventure you cruise you considered for awhile, so your review, or maybe live posts will be a good preview.

Did you get all of those pictures on the HOHO bus? Impressive!

Ginny, yes those all were on the bus. Thank goodness for a auto focus, vibration control camera lens. :p

I'll be hitting those same ABC islands on the Adventure you cruise you considered for awhile, so your review, or maybe live posts will be a good preview.

Hi Bill, We wanted to do that Adventure cruise but the airfare out of San Juan killed it. Also it overlapped with a Hawaii cruise we wanted to take. I will try to do a report from there, :)

Enjoying your report very much. We lived across the bay for almost 60 years and never took a tour like that in the City. We would go for dinner or a special event and go home after.

We will be doing a similar cruise next October so maybe will do the HoHo bus tour.

Norine

Enjoying your report very much. We lived across the bay for almost 60 years and never took a tour like that in the City. We would go for dinner or a special event and go home after.

We will be doing a similar cruise next October so maybe will do the HoHo bus tour.

Norine

It was well worth it. Just a tip, bring a jacket for the bridge crossing. That was chilly. [emoji4]

Great pictures of SF.

If you have time could you mention whether or not the Sea View Café is open on embarkation day. We would love to eat there right away this Saturday.

Thanks a lot!

I doubt it. I will check as I think I still have the day one cruise compass

Great pictures of SF.

If you have time could you mention whether or not the Sea View Café is open on embarkation day. We would love to eat there right away this Saturday.

Thanks a lot!

On the September 18th sailing of the Jewel, Seaview Cafe was open from Noon until 3pm, closed for muster, reopened 4:30pm until 6pm and then opened from 8:30pm until 1am with the nighttime "Burgers and Brews" menu.

On the September 18th sailing of the Jewel, Seaview Cafe was open from Noon until 3pm, closed for muster, reopened 4:30pm until 6pm and then opened from 8:30pm until 1am with the nighttime "Burgers and Brews" menu.

That Burgers and Brews menu is extra cost, isn't it?

That Burgers and Brews menu is extra cost, isn't it?

Yes, it is $10 pp plus gratuities. We had seen the menu posted here before and didn't bother to go.

We did go one afternoon for wings and fingers and that is no longer on the menu. There is one other thing that is also taped over that was the first item listed under house specials right above chili con carne. Maybe chowder? I was going to try to find an old menu to see what it was.

Edit: Just found the old menu, they also got rid of fish and chips.

Edited by reallyitsmema

So today we took the hop on hop off bus again but got off at the Union Square stop so we could walk over to Chinatown. It was another beautiful day, thanks San Francisco.

e77351ce3761725fcd539824aa57067f.jpg

e9787b6d1fa27faeb9f0e6b525f33d98.jpg

661e0b34d459f26accc60dd2c0de1467.jpg

ea2f06f5a5c9d874981fe262602735cf.jpg

9751caf2d665f33e1a09fa61140f0352.jpg

2d7d91852bb94834da2daf84a316a821.jpg