Internet on TA

LindaM

To some extent it will depend on the route the ship takes. So long as the ship isn't going too far north, or too far south, you should have Internet service.

I've lost Internet only when the ship was in the extreme latitudes (both north and south), or the fjords of Norway. If you are sailing from the Med to Ft. Lauderdale, then you should be fine.

Thanks everyone!! I truly appreciate you taking the time to respond. Hopefully the house will sell before the cruise, but it may not and November before Thanksgiving we might still find a buyer. The realtor could act in our behalf, if we can communicate!

You are on the Prinsendam, right?

When we did our TA on the last Prinsendam cruise, I fully expected some black outs and there were none. The equipment had been improved according to the computer tech person on board.

Never lost signal, it got a smidge slower one day, but other than that no issue.

You probably know, but if you go on early in the morning or late at night, fewer people on so it is usually faster. Also, check then news station (Fox I believe?). if the signal is good, internet should be fine. Learned that from the piano man on board ;)

In the past I have used my phone or Ipad off the ship's satellite and have had no additional charges from the ship and standard rates from my provider. I did not use the ship's internet package. Can anyone confirm that this is true on HAL? Still need to work.

You are on the Prinsendam, right?

When we did our TA on the last Prinsendam cruise, I fully expected some black outs and there were none. The equipment had been improved according to the computer tech person on board.

Never lost signal, it got a smidge slower one day, but other than that no issue.

You probably know, but if you go on early in the morning or late at night, fewer people on so it is usually faster. Also, check then news station (Fox I believe?). if the signal is good, internet should be fine. Learned that from the piano man on board ;)

I didn't know about early in the morning or late at night....thank you!! We have been on some cruises....where we couldn't get internet. One was Santa Marguerita Ligure for Portofino, and of course the Fjords. On the Fjord cruise, my diabetic dog was being giving too much insulin (needed less because of the stress of being boarded) and I needed to talk to the vet. Of course, it's always about the dogs!