Suggestions for a travel fan

LAC2

I know, "Open the door", given that we do have a balcony cabin. That, however, does not create enough air circulation. This is especially true after showering and when I'm am using hot styling implements (ie hair dryer, curling iron, hot rollers). I still use a hormone replacement, so that's not it either. I just need air movement.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a travel fan? One that moves a lot of air and is air travel friendly?

Would Princess have a fan to loan? If so, how do I procure one?

Thanks so much for your help.

Opening the door screws up the A/C system in your cabin and those in your section. Cruise ships are designed with a slight negative air pressure to help air exchange. I read years ago that cabin air is 100% exchanged every seven minutes. Never a good idea to leave the door open. That's often the reason why people complain that their A/C isn't working: their neighbor has their door open.

My suggestion is to close your balcony curtains to block the light and heat and put the A/C lower. You can request a fan from your cabin steward.

I know exactly what you mean! I'd like to find something like that.

Have you looked on Amazon? There seem to be quite a few listed. Read the reviews and see which one suits you.

Opening the balcony door isn't recommended as it messes up the air conditioning from what I've heard.

Also ask your steward if the air conditioning can be made cooler. I found our cabin was too warm for the first few days of our last cruise, even with teh air-con on the coolest setting. I asked our steward if anything could be done and it was fine for the rest of the cruise - cooler for sleeping and I didn't overheat when drying my hair.

We used this one on a World Cruise. It's small and compact and powerful for it's size. Love the nylon blades. I'd buy it again.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vornado-zippi-personal-fan-black/2188013.p?id=1219070438653

Found similar fan at Target. USB powered. Was in the Dorm section.

At Walmart saw some 6"?8"? square fans. Another place to look is the camping section.

ETA--found it

http://m.target.com/p/room-essentials-personal-fan-with-usb-cl-adptr/-/A-14784650

Edited by SadieN

They're widely available - Amazon, Bed/Bath/Beyond, etc. Look for one that uses "C" or "D" batteries - the ones that use only "AA" batteries are usually not very powerful. I have several from B/B/B that are about 6 years old, still going strong. We travel with one (depending on destination), even carry one in the car in the summer - it's helped a lot a couple of times when caught in a gridlock traffic jam.

Edited by Kartgv