Noordam "Sail By" Inside Passage

IRL_Joanie

According to Marinetraffic.com http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:265264/zoom:10 Noordam is about 1 hour 45 minutes away from the 4 Orca Cams on and near Hanson Island http://explore.org/live-cams/player/orcalab-base

For those who cannot watch it Live, you can rewind the Cam so that if you miss it or want to see it again. It rewinds up to 4 hours.

I think, but am not positive, that this is her last Inside Passage Southbound for the 2015 season........

Joanie

Nature at it's rawest. Close ups right now of the seals so be prepared. This is, after all, a whale webcam.;)

Ain't that the truth, especially after today's recent events :( This is most definitely not a "watch the ship go by" cam, it is a "nature in all its facets" cam. >sad sigh<

Thanks, Joanie

I saw my first good views of orcas today on this cam!!

Today was the best that I've seen them also, from the cams. Unfortunately, I know it's nature, the transient Orcas had a bit of a feeding frenzy/Training the baby, with 2 sea lions (or Seals). Hard to watch but......

OK, Off to wait another few minutes for Noordam.

Joanie

I think I saw it. Saw a ship, but with the raindrops couldn't really see it. But still enjoyed waiting for her to pass.

That was her off in the distance on the Craycroft Point Surface Cam. She never did show up on the other 2 cams that I expected her to show up on, Rubbing Beach or Orca Lab Base (depending on which side of the island she was on) nor on Parson's Island cam. I had lots of severe lag problems on all but Craycroft and it was raining so badly that, as you say, it was hard to tell who it was. But for Marinetraffic.com's AIS, I might have thought it was an Inland Passage Ferry. I finally gave up trying to record anything.....

I can only hope today is better for Oosterdam as she makes her final "Sail By" of the 2015 season.

Joanie