Alcohol waiver

torybruno

If I sign the waiver for my 20 yr old son to consume beer and wine, is he Able to get the UBP as his perk for the cabin? He's not a huge drinker, but a glass of wine with dinner and unlimited soda will still be the most advantageous perk for him.

not sure if it is a European itinerary cruise ?

but the ncl.co.uk website says this

For European itineraries:

Legal drinking age is 18 years of age and does not require parental consent. Guests that are between 18 and 20 are not permitted to purchase the Ultimate Beverage Package; however, guests are allowed to purchase the Corks and Caps package

the corks and caps package allows the purchase of wines and beers

we were looking at this as a alternative for my son who is 19 at time of travel

Edited by Jofishes

the corks and caps package allows the purchase of wines and beers

However the OP is asking about the UBP as a Freestyle Choice perk. I'm afraid there is no room for negotiation there: "Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Ultimate Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package." There is no option for young adults to receive the Corks and Caps package instead.

I always say it doesn't hurt to ask once on board, it's not an unreasonable request, but in the 9 months the FS promo has been going on, many people have posted here with various situations where they'd like to swap this for that, combine this and that, redistribute this way or that way, and otherwise redesign the promotion to better suit them, and I don't believe I have seen a single report of anyone being successful with this. "Guest cannot substitute or customize this offer."

Thank you. I guess if we book, hubby and 25 year old son will be "on paper" in a cabin together, and I will be with the 20 year old with a $50 OBC.

As long as the supporting documents (passport or birth certificate, drivers license) show the son as being 25, you'll be fine.

As long as the supporting documents (passport or birth certificate, drivers license) show the son as being 25, you'll be fine.

They have two sons - the one that is 25 years old is no problem anyway. OP was asking about their 20 years old.

However the OP is asking about the UBP as a Freestyle Choice perk. I'm afraid there is no room for negotiation there: "Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Ultimate Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package." There is no option for young adults to receive the Corks and Caps package instead

I think OP getting the UBP and 20 yo son getting the soda package makes more financial sense than the two of them getting $50 OBC. If he really only plans on drinking 1-2 glasses of wine with dinner, then that won't be a significant expense.

Thank you. I guess if we book, hubby and 25 year old son will be "on paper" in a cabin together, and I will be with the 20 year old with a $50 OBC.

Why wouldn't you put the 25 and 20 yr old together and you and your DH together?

You and DH get UBP, sons get UBP for 25 yr old and soda for 20 yr old.

Why wouldn't you put the 25 and 20 yr old together and you and your DH together?

You and DH get UBP, sons get UBP for 25 yr old and soda for 20 yr old.

That's what we just did on our recent cruise. Me and DH had the UBP and my 25 and 20 old got the UBP and soda package. I signed the waiver for my 20 year old and he was able to purchase beer and wine.