Enchantment Review. Sept 21, 2015. 4-nights.

Anita Latte

Reminder...R-Bar is the bar in the Centrum...on the ground floor...Deck 4.

Throughout Deck 4, these two page leather bound menus are on all the tables:

P1110082_zpsrzc7rnfg.jpg

P1110081_zpsj09ig97s.jpg

DH was feeling adventurous...and decided to go for that Jack and the Beefstock drink.

:eek:

Have package...will order.

And will not drink.

You feel bad for the waste, but you figure that it can't be THAT bad if it's actually on the menu.

I can't describe, I wouldn't even take a sip...I smelled it though...and that's why I wouldn't even take a sip.

Here's where you have to know your drinks...or see if they have that paper menu that some of the bars have...

I ordered another Mojito...

Yum.

DS was ready for some action so we asked for anything "Mango-y". I believe they called it a Mango Daiquiri...and it was good. It became his go to drink when he wanted a special cocktail.

Sorry...I was travel tired...didn't think to take pictures of drinks this night.

I am not an alcoholic.

But I do like to drink. I admit it. I like cold crisp beer on a hot summer day.

I like wine with my meals.

I enjoy cocktails.

I knew I would want a drink or two on CocoCay. The drink package is good on CocoCay. I also knew that I wasn't going to spend much time off ship in Nassau. And then a Sea Day.

It was a good cruise for a drink package...

We have cruised with the Beverage Package on Celebrity and had a blast with it. I preferred it because there were not exclusions of non-alcoholic drinks on an alcohol drink inclusive package...you could order smoothies...you could order lattes...things that are only included with the "Ultimate" package with Royal...

But my point is that I like the idea of the freedom of ordering what I want when...

DH and I decided that we were going to completely hang loose...and while we didn't NEED to drink alcohol to enjoy ourselves, we wanted to. We had been "dry" for many weeks prior...not even indulging on the weekends...and with our health and fitness goals...we would be dry again following the cruise.

Face it...it's expensive if you like tasty drinks.

Which we do.

And so that's why I say we indulged and went for the Premium Package.

I did not drink to get my money's worth...although it may seem like it...but just because this topic is all over these boards...I will include my indulgences this day (with before gratuities pricing to the best of my ability):

Stella Artois...Centrum, $5.50

Sam Adams...Poolside, $5.50

Mojito...Solarium $10

Sam Adams...Poolside/Stateroom $5.50

Kim Crawford...MDR $9

Spy Valley...MDR $11

Spy Valley...MDR $11

Sangria...Boleros $10 (not drunk)

Mojito...R-Bar $10

Numerous Bottled Waters...

Today's Total: $77.50 (not including bottled waters...OR 18% gratuity)

With Gratuity: $91.45

Daily Premium Package cost: $57.00

There is no "savings" here in my mind. I didn't SAVE any money. I SPENT less. Did I spend less because I drank more because I had the package.

You betcha...it's WHY I knew that it would be a good deal for us to get the package.

DH had a similar day...

Stella Artois...Centrum $5.50

Sam Adams...Pool Bar $5.50

Coffee doctored to IRISH coffee...Solarium $??

Sam Adams...Pool to Stateroom $5.50

Some Merlot...MDR $??

Spy Valley...MDR $11

Sipping Tequila...$9

Jack and the Beefstock...$12

Some Whiskey...$??

Some other Whiskey...$?? (maybe?)

It is what it is.

I'm only sharing because that's what this forum is about.

Another tip...I overheard a couple walking around with VERY COLD metal beer cans talking about how they hoped there were koosies on board because the drinks were SO COLD they were hurting their hands to carry them.

Just sayin'. I think if I drank aluminum can beer...I'd pack a bottle koosie over a door hanger every time. :)

Edited by Anita Latte

I was disappointed that the Park Cafe wasn't open for lunch when we boarded but the Windjammer wasn't too badly packed when we went.

Did the Park Cafe open a bit later for lunch? That is our plan this Friday, and I thought Park Cafe opened for lunch, though maybe a few minutes behind the time of Windjammer at 11:30.

I am your polar opposite when it comes to drinking. I will have one or two loaded beverages a day, but most of my drinks will be virgins. I did find a list here on CC of all or most of the drinks they will serve without alcohol.

It is cool that the premium plan works for you. When I considered buying that, that was my biggest worry.

I also noticed the use of the Centrum for entertainment. When I was last on EOS, it was the deadest part of the ship. It's good to see it being put to use.

I also noticed the midnight sailaway from Nassau, which is a white party. Did you attend?

Thanks for the breakdown of the drinks package, it will be well worth it for us since we have also been to Nassau and figure out time there will be just getting the obligatory conch fritters on land. With the bottled water and all the crazy cocktail choices it makes sense for us.

That beef drink sounds horrendous! That sounds like the loses end of a good bet!:D

Did the Park Cafe open a bit later for lunch? That is our plan this Friday, and I thought Park Cafe opened for lunch, though maybe a few minutes behind the time of Windjammer at 11:30.

The Park Cafe opened at 12 noon on Embarkation Day. The Windjammer opened at 11:30 am.

When we stopped by there on Embarkation Day during the lunch service, it didn't seem overly busy. The line was reasonable and it seemed like there were tables available. There are tables all over the perimeter of the Solarium.

I am your polar opposite when it comes to drinking. I will have one or two loaded beverages a day, but most of my drinks will be virgins. I did find a list here on CC of all or most of the drinks they will serve without alcohol.

It is cool that the premium plan works for you. When I considered buying that, that was my biggest worry.

I also noticed the use of the Centrum for entertainment. When I was last on EOS, it was the deadest part of the ship. It's good to see it being put to use.

I also noticed the midnight sailaway from Nassau, which is a white party. Did you attend?

We did consider the highest non-alcoholic beverage package...I don't recall if that is the Refreshment or the Replenish package? It was the big question. Each vacation is different...I think the key is to just own up to what will ultimately satisfy your idea of your best vacation for each one.

There were many activities in the Centrum. I felt like it was the heartbeat of the ship. We hung out there a lot. The seating was comfy. The was often the piano player in there. And we heard the Caribbean Sound band? And for night time entertainment...definitely a happening place.

There is a midnight sailaway from Nassau. It IS a listed as a white party. We did attend. I will share about that when I get there. :)

That's my recollection too, that Park Cafe opened around noon.

Thanks for the breakdown of the drinks package' date=' it will be well worth it for us since we have also been to Nassau and figure out time there will be just getting the obligatory conch fritters on land. With the bottled water and all the crazy cocktail choices it makes sense for us.

That beef drink sounds horrendous! That sounds like the loses end of a good bet!:D[/quote']

One thing DH really had fun with on our last Fall Break was trying out all the different whiskies on board. Not every whiskey has the travel or taster bottles. When you are looking at spending the cost of a bottle to see if you like it...well...let's just say that he doesn't experiment that much. Cruising is one time when there is that opportunity to get a taste... And it's become associated with vacation...

Cruising for us does include the visit the family friendly bars with family friendly activities and enjoy cocktails idea...the package just gave us the freedom to have fun and experiment without feeling guilty for ordering something that we may not like or want to drink or finish.

That beef drink was disgusting...let me tell you though...the server remembered us forevermore. LOL.

Thanks for the information on the drink package and prices - your thought process and decision is exactly like mine - we have been completely "dry" before this cruise for various health and diet reasons - but want to splurge a bit on this cruise. We have never purchased a drink package before - but a 3 day cruise with one day being Coco Cay seemed like the perfect time to enjoy it.

I am looking forward to seeing what you had in Coca Cay - and how it was :D

One last topic of conversation related to Day 1...

Sushi.

I don't know how...but DS has fallen in love with sushi. Yes indeed.

I could blame it on Disney, I suppose. We went to the California Grill (the top floor of the Contemporary Resort) and had sushi there. I knew it would be good...DS is an adventurous eater (at least when it comes to protein sources)...he was 9-years old?

And he loved the sushi.

I'm not certain that was his first foray into the sushi world...but it was early and it was excellent...so I'm going to stick with that story.

Sushi is available in the Windjammer during Dinner Service, which was served 6:30 to 9:00 pm on Embarkation Day.

I wish they considered sushi a "light snack" to be served during the late afternoon. Or even a late night snack...to be served after dinner services.

Oh well.

I don't recall WHEN, but DS did get his sushi some time after dinner.

There were no nigiri. There were only rolls. Most of the rolls contained completely cooked items...like smoked salmon instead of just fresh, raw salmon.

And some of the rolls were weird...like weird vegetable rolls with a carrot. You THOUGHT it MIGHT be salmon, but no, it was a raw carrot. :confused:

I can share that we tried hitting the Windjammer earlier in the sushi service on Day 2 to see if there was a better selection at that time.

There was not.

DS was not that impressed with the sushi and we did not attempt to hit it up again after Day 2's verification of the desirability of the offerings.

I like sushi...but I was not hungry for it...which is why I wished it were offered at other times in the day. But then again, after DS's assessment...

Edited by Anita Latte

Good information. Thanks for taking the time to post about your experiences, as well as share some great photos.

Looking forward to being on Enchantment again in November.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Have you ever seen this video? Someone shared the link on our Roll Call:

When you see a crew that looks like this...just. SO ready to have a good time...you just have to get in that mindset to join them in the fun. KWIM? Shake off your daily life and enjoy a BREAK.

LOVE Team Bing Bong!

Thanks for the information on the drink package and prices - your thought process and decision is exactly like mine - we have been completely "dry" before this cruise for various health and diet reasons - but want to splurge a bit on this cruise. We have never purchased a drink package before - but a 3 day cruise with one day being Coco Cay seemed like the perfect time to enjoy it.

I am looking forward to seeing what you had in Coca Cay - and how it was :D

CocoCay is coming up next!

The Park Cafe opened at 12 noon on Embarkation Day. The Windjammer opened at 11:30 am.

When we stopped by there on Embarkation Day during the lunch service, it didn't seem overly busy. The line was reasonable and it seemed like there were tables available. There are tables all over the perimeter of the Solarium.

We did consider the highest non-alcoholic beverage package...I don't recall if that is the Refreshment or the Replenish package? It was the big question. Each vacation is different...I think the key is to just own up to what will ultimately satisfy your idea of your best vacation for each one.

There were many activities in the Centrum. I felt like it was the heartbeat of the ship. We hung out there a lot. The seating was comfy. The was often the piano player in there. And we heard the Caribbean Sound band? And for night time entertainment...definitely a happening place.

There is a midnight sailaway from Nassau. It IS a listed as a white party. We did attend. I will share about that when I get there. :)

Sorry. My enthusiasm sometimes runs amok.

They never been on a cruise

With most short cruises, there is a party-like atmosphere. However, with EOS, I am sure they will feel quite comfortable if they just want to kick back and relax. That's my opinion, based on what I see of the reviews here.

I have been on EOS, but 18 years ago. It was a brand new ship then, and doing 7 day Caribbean cruises.

Edited by jayblue

Is EOS more of a party ship or would my parents like it?

What aspects of a party do your parents dislike? What IS appealing to your parents?

How old are they? Do they have any mobility issues? Do they have any dietary restrictions?

I could be more detailed in answering your question if you provided more insight into what your parents would like...

That said...in general...I found there to be a very wide range of activities and locations to appeal to a very wide range of tastes.

If your parents would prefer a quiet location...then I must say that the adult Solarium on EOS is WELL situated, especially for a smaller ship. I can compare directly to Celebrity's M-class ships where the adult Solarium is on the beaten path and children and people of all ages walk through it all day long because of where it is located in relation to an elevator bank to access the general pool deck.

On EOS, the Solarium is separated from the general pool deck area BY the elevator bank...so only people who are actually interested in being in the Solarium (or going to the Park Cafe) enter the Solarium. You walk through the Solarium to access the Spa and Fitness Center...but seriously...there didn't seem to be much traffic in that direction. And the Park Cafe offerings were not so attractive for the typical child at lunch.

The Solarium had tables and chairs that I saw being used by many "parents" for games, including dominoes and cards. People reading and relaxing. There were many loungers and they seemed a bit nicer than the regular pool deck loungers. And the retractable roof was a very nice feature...especially since we did experience inclement weather on our cruise.

And as I mentioned before...the Solarium had a "hushed" atmosphere to me that somewhat resembled a library.

There were many other relaxing places to enjoy throughout the ship during the day. The Centrum was usually very peaceful during the day. The piano player was in there. Many of the lounges had Trivia and other calmer type activities during the day.

It's true that I would say that there was quite a bit of nightlife on board. But that doesn't mean everything was a loud party atmosphere. Or that you couldn't be somewhat removed from it but still in the vicinity of it.

The Jazz Cabaret performance in the Centrum...that I discussed earlier was not party like. The music was somewhat classic and there were many couples that danced...most of them older couples, as that is who generally knows how these days.

In contrast, the 70s Party was a crazy fun party! But there were plenty of other things to do.

I did post links to scans of the compasses. If you have a specific question in relation to what you find there...I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability.

As I said...more info regarding your parents would help me provide you with more info...

I am not an alcoholic.

But I do like to drink. I admit it. I like cold crisp beer on a hot summer day.

I like wine with my meals.

I enjoy cocktails.

I knew I would want a drink or two on CocoCay. The drink package is good on CocoCay. I also knew that I wasn't going to spend much time off ship in Nassau. And then a Sea Day.

It was a good cruise for a drink package...

We have cruised with the Beverage Package on Celebrity and had a blast with it. I preferred it because there were not exclusions of non-alcoholic drinks on an alcohol drink inclusive package...you could order smoothies...you could order lattes...things that are only included with the "Ultimate" package with Royal...

But my point is that I like the idea of the freedom of ordering what I want when...

DH and I decided that we were going to completely hang loose...and while we didn't NEED to drink alcohol to enjoy ourselves, we wanted to. We had been "dry" for many weeks prior...not even indulging on the weekends...and with our health and fitness goals...we would be dry again following the cruise.

Face it...it's expensive if you like tasty drinks.

Which we do.

And so that's why I say we indulged and went for the Premium Package.

I did not drink to get my money's worth...although it may seem like it...but just because this topic is all over these boards...I will include my indulgences this day (with before gratuities pricing to the best of my ability):

Stella Artois...Centrum, $5.50

Sam Adams...Poolside, $5.50

Mojito...Solarium $10

Sam Adams...Poolside/Stateroom $5.50

Kim Crawford...MDR $9

Spy Valley...MDR $11

Spy Valley...MDR $11

Sangria...Boleros $10 (not drunk)

Mojito...R-Bar $10

Today's Total: $77.50 (not including bottled waters...OR 18% gratuity)

With Gratuity: $91.45

Daily Premium Package cost: $57.00

There is no "savings" here in my mind. I didn't SAVE any money. I SPENT less. Did I spend less because I drank more because I had the package.

You betcha...it's WHY I knew that it would be a good deal for us to get the package.

DH had a similar day...

Stella Artois...Centrum $5.50

Sam Adams...Pool Bar $5.50

Coffee doctored to IRISH coffee...Solarium $??

Sam Adams...Pool to Stateroom $5.50

Some Merlot...MDR $??

Spy Valley...MDR $11

Sipping Tequila...$9

Jack and the Beefstock...$12

Some Whiskey...$??

Some other Whiskey...$?? (maybe?)

It is what it is.

I'm only sharing because that's what this forum is about.

Another tip...I overheard a couple walking around with VERY COLD metal beer cans talking about how they hoped there were koosies on board because the drinks were SO COLD they were hurting their hands to carry them.

Just sayin'. I think if I drank aluminum can beer...I'd pack a bottle koosie over a door hanger every time. :)

Thanks for the honest info! Myself and DW will certainly be getting the package. We like a beer, cocktail, wine with meal, etc. I am partial to a whiskey before bed and DW likes sparkling white wine. Before anyone starts judging I should say this MO applies to when we are on holidays (vacation), not working!

We were scheduled for what I think was a nice long day at CocoCay.

The schedule was an 8:30 am arrival with 5:00 pm being the last tender...

If you don't know...CocoCay is Royal Caribbean's private island/beach resort. IIRC, no one lives on the island...the workers there commute to the island to work when a ship is "in port."

Ships lay anchor off shore and Tenders transport passengers from the ship to the island throughout the day.

I was lying in bed...slumbering peacefully when the announcement regarding the commencement of tender transportation awakened this sleeping beauty. I heard that all 3 tenders were in operation and the first one was scheduled to depart at 9:30 am.

This announcement was piped into my room. I HAD to hear it.

And upon hearing it...I realized that I would not be able to get back to sleep...unlike my teenager who was still deep in the arm of Morpheus...and I was not surprised that my DH wasn't even in the stateroom.

My supposition that he had awakened earlier...as those that work for a living still tend to do, even while on vacation...and he had dressed for and gone jogging on the jogging track. He actually LIKES to do that...

I grabbed my Kindle (yay! for a self illuminating reading device!) and entertained myself while waiting for DH to reappear so that I could have some company for breakfast.

We hit the Windjammer in the late morning.

We were dressed as most were...sporting a swimsuit with some sort of clothing to partially reveal the suit (many women with cute sheer or crocheted dresses), completely cover the suit (but you could still see straps at the neckline), or complement the suit (men wearing tee shirts with their swim trunks).

There is a made to order omelet station at the Windjammer. You have a choice of eggs, egg whites, and egg beaters. Cheese or no cheese. Toppings are a choice of ham, tomatoes, onions, spinach, mushrooms, bell peppers, and bacon. A crewman fills out a form that details your selections and one of two chefs behind the counter will cook your omelet.

Your name is written on your form...and you may receive a recommendation along the lines of "come back in about 10 minutes" from the order taker.

So if you are interested in a made to order omelet...hit that station first and then make your selections from the rest of the buffet at your leisure.

There were plenty of places to sit...finding a table was no problem.

I was pleased to return with my a la minute omelet to see that DH had procured two Mimosas from the Mimosa cart making a round through the tables of the Windjammer. Bloody Mary's also appeared to be offered by the cart.

I noticed that the selection on the buffet did vary just a bit each day.

In specific, on this day...there was Miso soup with several topping to choose from to add to the Miso broth. I noted this in specific because vegetables are hard to come by in the morning at the buffet. There is fruit...and cooked tomato halves? and quite the selection of potatoes...but the only veg outside the omelet station that morning was one of the "toppings" for the Miso soup...which was steamed broccoli.

This may seem at war with the drinking but I tend to eat more healthy that not...and I usually try to eat veg with my breakfast. It's just this thing I do...so I was really happy to see the broccoli. But it was not there the next day. No miso soup on Day 3.

There was a curry available. The "vegetable curry" on one day was nothing but chick peas...which was tiresome to eat...but there was actually a little bit of veg variety on a different day.

And there was all the typical American breakfast offerings...bacon, pork sausage, turkey sausage, fried potatoes, fried hashbrown triangles, waffle pieces, French toast pieces, pancakes (choices of syrup), bagels, toast, pastries galore, cut fruit, yogurt, cold cereal choices, scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with cheese, scrambled eggs with token veg (varied each day).

It would truly be a vegetarians, Celiac and/or Jewish persons nightmare for breakfast.

Just sayin'.

I was able to be happy with what I could scout out and find.

One thing we noticed is that breakfast ENDS. In the Windjammer, it ends at 11:00 am. And the turn over may begin 30 minutes prior...

I don't know if this was more noticeable because DS was sleeping later on this cruise than on any other...or what...but I don't recall this being as much of an issue in the past...

Whatever. The buffet will SHUT DOWN and they will pull tape across the entrances for about one hour between breakfast and lunch. This did NOT happen on Celebrity... I thought it was very frustrating with a ship that would stay up late but not allow for sleeping in late...

Fortunately, DH and I were paying attn and we know what DS likes...we grabbed plates for him and were on the hopeful look out for his arrival sooner than later...

He emerged before lunch service technically began...during the dead zone.

So we had a leisurely start to our beach day.

I can report that we could see the tenders regularly going back and forth...and when we first came down to breakfast, the people were packed like sardines on board.

The tenders are double decker tenders. The lower deck is covered by the upper deck. The upper deck is completely exposed...so plan accordingly for the weather.

As the morning wore on...the tenders seemed to be on more of a scheduled departure...you didn't have to wait for it to fill up before leaving.

Beach/Pool towels were available to check out on the departure deck. I had heard earlier that water bottles were also available in the morning...but by the time we left, they no longer had that table set up. So yes, even though water was available on the island...we headed back up to Cafe-Lattetudes to get some bottled water.

And then we were finally prepared to go to CocoCay...

Thanks for the honest info! Myself and DW will certainly be getting the package. We like a beer, cocktail, wine with meal, etc. I am partial to a whiskey before bed and DW likes sparkling white wine. Before anyone starts judging I should say this MO applies to when we are on holidays (vacation), not working!

:D Yes. Vacation!