taking pictures on Royal Princess

juniper berries

Unless you book a forward facing cabin :)

Now, see? I would have ended that sentence with a :( instead of a :). The ship has a total of 8 Suites and 16 Non-Suite cabins that face forward. So between 48-60 people on the ship get a forward view. Out of approximately 3,500 passengers, that is a whopping 1.3% to 1.7%. As compared to every other ship where that number climbs to 100%, I find that to be a :( and not a :).

:D

Now, see? I would have ended that sentence with a :( instead of a :). The ship has a total of 8 Suites and 16 Non-Suite cabins that face forward. So between 48-60 people on the ship get a forward view. Out of approximately 3,500 passengers, that is a whopping 1.3% to 1.7%. As compared to every other ship where that number climbs to 100%, I find that to be a :( and not a :).

:D

My post ended with a :) at the memory of how lovely the view was on one of those balconies as we pulled out of Ft. Lauderdale.

I have never seen 100% of the cruisers on a 3500 passenger ship viewing from one location on the ship. There wouldn't be a much of a view for many unless they were first at the rail.

<snip>

I have never seen 100% of the cruisers on a 3500 passenger ship viewing from one location on the ship. There wouldn't be a much of a view for many unless they were first at the rail.

Why do I have this image of 3500 pax all at the front of the ship turning the ship into a submarine?:rolleyes:

Is there any place on the Royal Princess to take pictures from the aft or forward like there is on the Coral Princess. Want to get pictures that give you view of where you have been or going when getting into port.:)

For shots looking forward, one can climb up behind the Retreat Pool at least 2 decks worth. I took many photos from up there on the Royal TA last Apr-May, esp. entering Cork Harbour (we were unexpectedly following Caribbean P in) and sailing up the Maas River to Rotterdam. And you're unlikely to have to rub elbows with other pax. It can be kinda windy and/or cool up there. ;-)

Edited by BarbinMich

For shots looking forward, one can climb up behind the Retreat Pool at least 2 decks worth. I took many photos from up there on the Royal TA last Apr-May, esp. entering Cork Harbour (we were unexpectedly following Caribbean P in) and sailing up the Maas River to Rotterdam. And you're unlikely to have to rub elbows with other pax. It can be kinda windy and/or cool up there. ;-)
Be sure that your hat has a chin strap - either that or plan on buying another one.