Internet: Zenith 70% Off Unlimited: 10+ Days

Rufferto

I am booked on a cruise leaving in a couple of months and DW will need the internet for work. I was going through the internet packages in the cruise planner to get an idea of the prices and I saw this as an option:

Zenith 70% Off Unlimited: 10+ Days

I have no idea what it is. It sound like it is only for Zenith level loyalty members? Of course the website give no description whatsoever of what is included. I also checked the rewards that Zenith members get concerning internet packages and it is and it is "Complimentary 1600-minute Internet package".

Zenith level in the Captains Club received a discount on Internet packages. The 1600 free minutes for Zenith level may not be enough for someone who is on a long cruise and has to work a few hours a day.

Zenith benefit is actually the 1680 minute package. Each Zenith in the cabin receives it. I don't know any Zenith who ever took advantage of the offer.

I had this as an option also, and BOOKED IT!

I am at the SELECT level also and booked a Concierge cabin for a cruise at the end of November.

This must be some sale for 10+ day cruises, and maybe for Concierge and above (?).

It's legit and a great deal!

I saw the Zenith offer show up for both of my upcoming B2B cruises so I called Celebrity to confirm I could purchase it (even though I'm no where near Zenith status). After much checking, they discovered that this was not intended to be offered to all but was showing up due to a website issue. They expect to fix it very soon (by end of today... 9/29/2015), but said they would honor any purchases prior to that.

I've purchased this 70% off unlimited package for both cruises. Thanks you, Celebrity!

So hurry if you're interested.

I saw the Zenith offer show up for both of my upcoming B2B cruises so I called Celebrity to confirm I could purchase it (even though I'm no where near Zenith status). After much checking, they discovered that this was not intended to be offered to all but was showing up due to a website issue. They expect to fix it very soon (by end of today... 9/29/2015), but said they would honor any purchases prior to that.

I've purchased this 70% off unlimited package for both cruises. Thanks you, Celebrity!

So hurry if you're interested.

I had a feeling it was a glitch! So glad, I saw it and purchased!!

I was going to call, but decided not to!

What a shock?

I seem to recall on our last Celebrity sailing we each had our Ipad but we just had one log-in set up, so we each used the same package?

Also, we are Elite, does anyone know what kind of discount or package we might be offered on board?

Trying to assess if this is worth it for us. We really don't need unlimited, but at this price, I'd get it.

I purchased the package as well. After purchasing was told that it clearly was intended for Zenith members only and my purchase would be refunded within a day or two. She stated they were verifying Zenith membership and refunding purchases of those who were not Zenith.

Gonna be interesting.

Anyone ... What does "Zenith" mean on internet package?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Zenith" is the top level in the Celebrity Loyalty program.

Classic, Select, Elite, Elite + and Zenith.

You will find full descriptions and benefits of each level if you go to the Celebrity site and go to Captain's Club.

Edited by Orator

I seem to recall on our last Celebrity sailing we each had our Ipad but we just had one log-in set up, so we each used the same package?

Also, we are Elite, does anyone know what kind of discount or package we might be offered on board?

Trying to assess if this is worth it for us. We really don't need unlimited, but at this price, I'd get it.

I should clarify my question. As Elite we previously got 90 free minutes each. Now with the new package structure, I am wondering what our benefit might be.

I should clarify my question. As Elite we previously got 90 free minutes each. Now with the new package structure, I am wondering what our benefit might be.

I don't believe that anything has changed for you. I do know that about 6 months ago Celebrity gave Zenith Loyalty cruisers and opportunity to add to their 1680 minute internet package. I believe that this was done since some of the high end Suite passengers would be getting "Unlimited" minutes as a perk. Rather than just giving the same perk to Zenith's Celebrity decided to charge Zenith's a fee to upgrade the package and make it appear to be a "special offer". At about the same time Celebrity discontinued the Bulgari bath products. What one hand gives, the other can take away. Still good loyalty perks and much appreciated.

Edited by Orator

Well ... I purchased the Zenith Package too and received a purchase confirmation. This is our first Celebrity cruise -- so I didn't hesitate to take advantage of the Zenith Unlimited Internet Package deal. I'm going to march right up to the Guest Service Desk to complain if Celebrity refused to honor the purchase confirmation. I trust other will join in IF Celebrity reneges on their offer.

Well ... I purchased the Zenith Package too and received a purchase confirmation. This is our first Celebrity cruise -- so I didn't hesitate to take advantage of the Zenith Unlimited Internet Package deal. I'm going to march right up to the Guest Service Desk to complain if Celebrity refused to honor the purchase confirmation. I trust other will join in IF Celebrity reneges on their offer.

It's very simple. Are you Zenith? If not you don't qualify.

I would imagine those who are aware will do the same. If X is smart they will come up with some sort of compromise - say a couple hundred extra minutes. Know they will need to deal with me.

Ma Bell - Not exactly. The package simply said Zenith and gave absolutely no details except it was for 10+ days. It looked like the name of the package, not a reference to Zenith members.

Edited by az_tchr
Reply to MaBell

Hmmm ... Seems to me that If the payment and confirmation were issued, then it should be honored by the cruise line.

I would agree with you. Any company should honor their mistakes. Stores generally give consumers the price marked, even when incorrect. One airline recently honored an incorrect published fare. However, "should" means "ought to" not necessarily "will". Good will is always better for business than bad will.

The terms and conditions fine print did indicate that proof of membership was required prior to boarding. Perhaps to capture those that would acquire higher status between time of purchase and the sailing the package was purchased for. However, it was a glitch and should not have been available for purchase. Interested in the outcome since we are affected too. Will let folks know if we hear anything.