Hurricane Joaquin

Mr. Blonde

While I won't lie and say we're not disappointed, it's certainly not anybody's fault that a hurricane decided to roar past really close to our scheduled destination.

When life gives you lemons, you make Canadian lemonade, right? :cool:

Isn't that a whiskey sour?

According to the e-mail we received, we're getting OBC which, if unused, will be refunded to us.

Considering Bermuda is now under a Tropical Storm Warning and Hurricane Watch, I'm not sure it would be a very good destination anyway right now.

You are so right, and who knows it might become your best cruise ever. I sailed out of Bayonne for Bermuda during Sandy. We did a lot of rocking and rolling. They had to close the buffet and dining room until dinner, due to the amount of dishes and food flying everywhere at breakfast. It was some experience, but for us once were in Bermuda the weather was nice. I am sure the cruise line is making the best choice under the circumstance.

When we boarded the ship we all asked where are we going and the answer was Bermuda as planned. There were all sorts of rumors on the boards where we might go, someone was sure we were going to Southampton.

By the way this was one of my best cruises, great staff and met lot of others due to the storm. Spent time at the lounge on the top deck watching the waves. (all doors to the outside were locked)

I did wear the sea bands and bring some ginger candy, but I was ok, except for not being able to walk straight.

By the way I have been to Saint John many times, the local bus company does a wonderful tour for $20 Canadian. I have done it twice now, you pick it up just a few blocks from the Pier just before you get to King St. When I did the tour last August the driver/tour guide was so nice and funny he even pointed out his house.

Have a great cruise.

Any news related to this week Oasis itinerary? Any change due to Joaquin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sitting in front of the Globe & Atlas as I post this (hooray I made the ship despite committing the unforgivable sin of flying in the day of the cruise) and there's been no announced changes to our itinerary

I'm sitting in front of the Globe & Atlas as I post this (hooray I made the ship despite committing the unforgivable sin of flying in the day of the cruise) and there's been no announced changes to our itinerary

Thanks for the update. Have a good one and enjoy the Globe and Atlas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you made it. It is not a sin to fly in the same day. But it does not leave any wiggle room for weather, mechanical or other airline delays. I was delayed four hours once on a flight because they had to fly in a new crew. Three hours because one lady got sick, had to go back to the gate, they had to find her checked luggage and refuel the plane.

Edited by Charles4515