Help, my plans are changing! Europe Questions!

So my cruises for next year were all planned and ready to go...Well, our traveling companions might not be going now, so I'm going to switch things up! Thinking Europe...Torn between certain itineraries, and Celebrity vs Royal.

Here are my options, tell me what you think!

7 Night Vision of the Seas

Roundtrip Venice -> Dubrovnik, Ephesus, Santorini, Katakolon

2 Nights pre-cruise in Venice. Would love to visit Dubrovnik and Santorini.

7 Night Celebrity Constellation

Venice to Barcelona -> Zadar, Kotor, Rome, Livorno, Toulon

1-2 Nights pre-cruiose in Venice. 1 night post cruise in Barcelona.

7 Night Celebrity Equinox

Istanbul to Rome -> Overnight in Istanbul, Mykonos, Valletta, Sicily, Naples

2 Nights in Rome post-cruise.

Which would be your top choice? A little bit worried about trying Celebrity, but if the itinerary is better, than so be it. Oh and I should mention that I've never been to Europe before. Decisions, decisions... (I think I'll also be posting this on the Celebrity Boards.)

If the ship is most important, then Equinox would blow the others away. Think of it like Royal's Quantum class, minus the carnival rides.

If itinerary is most important, then I'd take Vision because of Venice, Dubrovnik, and Santorini. Plus, your airfare may be less expensive because you are doing a roundtrip to Venice.

If the ship is most important, then Equinox would blow the others away. Think of it like Royal's Quantum class, minus the carnival rides.

If itinerary is most important, then I'd take Vision because of Venice, Dubrovnik, and Santorini. Plus, your airfare may be less expensive because you are doing a roundtrip to Venice.

Thanks Bob. Definitely a tough choice.

Prices are pretty comparable across the 3 cruises (incl. airfare) with the Constellation being the most expensive, but includes drink packages, internet, OBC, and gratuities, (with their Go Best! pricing thing, am I reading something wrong because that sounds pretty great???) so it actually ends up being equal, if not cheaper, than Vision. The Equinox is the cheapest.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I would wait until next Spring to book due to the bad situation in several countries. I had thought of going next year but changed my mind. Cruise prices should be very good then but be aware some ports may be changed. Celebrity the best line.

Because this is your first trip to Europe, I suggest the Constellation itinerary. Venice, Rome and Barcelona are major European stops and a good places to see on a first trip. We have been on RCCL and Celebrity, and like them both.

Santorini is amazing and somewhere I really want to return to. However, since you've not been to Europe before, I would consider Rome a "must visit". My last cruise was with celebrity although not on either of those ships, so I can't comment on the ship - but Celebrity seemed perfect to me, and their drinks included promotions are always tempting.

I personally would not want to go to Istanbul at the moment, so would be favouring Barcelona greatly over Istanbul... plus since you say you'll spend 1-2 nights precruise in Venice? Wow.. definitely the middle cruise if it was me.

Oh.. but now I see you have added the one with precruise stay in Rome, that's tempting too... but no, I still think that Rome, Barcelona and Venice would win out for me, especially for a first timer. Some very busy action-packed ports though so only if you think you've got the energy to fit in 3 big stops.

So my vote:

Santorini is amazing and somewhere I really want to return to. However, since you've not been to Europe before, I would consider Rome a "must visit". My last cruise was with celebrity although not on either of those ships, so I can't comment on the ship - but Celebrity seemed perfect to me, and their drinks included promotions are always tempting.

I personally would not want to go to Istanbul at the moment, so would be favouring Barcelona greatly over Istanbul... plus since you say you'll spend 1-2 nights precruise in Venice? Wow.. definitely the middle cruise if it was me.

Oh.. but now I see you have added the one with precruise stay in Rome, that's tempting too... but no, I still think that Rome, Barcelona and Venice would win out for me, especially for a first timer. Some very busy action-packed ports though so only if you think you've got the energy to fit in 3 big stops.

So my vote:

Thanks for the advice. That is sort of what I was thinking, I'm just a bit apprehensive about switching from Royal... (We've tried CCL, PCL, and NCL one time each and haven't felt that they compared to the Royal experience...)

EDIT: CCL is Carnival, not Celebrity!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Thanks for the advice. That is sort of what I was thinking, I'm just a bit apprehensive about switching from Royal... (We've tried CCL, PCL, and NCL one time each and haven't felt that they compared to the Royal experience...)

EDIT: CCL is Carnival, not Celebrity!

We have done 5 different lines now and they all have their pros and cons but I've never had one I didn't enjoy and it's always something different to experience. I think cruises these days are very much what you make them and I don't think you can fail to have a good holiday with an awesome itinerary like that! The things I liked about Celebrity were little things like free welcome on board drinks, and the fact that you could order anything from the MDR to room service as well as a really good room service menu (was free in 2014, hope it still is!) and the fact that they do a lot of drinks promos yet we still had great service.

Edited by Cruise_Christy

We have done 5 different lines now and they all have their pros and cons but I've never had one I didn't enjoy and it's always something different to experience. I think cruises these days are very much what you make them and I don't think you can fail to have a good holiday with an awesome itinerary like that! The things I liked about Celebrity were little things like free welcome on board drinks, and the fact that you could order anything from the MDR to room service as well as a really good room service menu (was free in 2014, hope it still is!) and the fact that they do a lot of drinks promos yet we still had great service.

Thanks for the info!

Sounding like Celebrity might actually be bit nicer for a cruise that is really about the destination... Sounds like their service might be a little more refined than Royal's? It seems like Celebrity pays more attention to the little touches than Royal does (you mention welcome aboard drinks). Might be nice to try it out, ya never know, I might love it!