Steak, Rib/Smokehouse

rocker57

We will be staying in Seabrook for a couple of nights before our cruise from the Bayport terminal. My question for people who know the area, where would there be a good steak/rib/smokehouse restaurant? It doesn't have to be within walking distance, but something say within 10 miles or so. Since we will be in Texas, I want to try a real Texan barbeque, and my husband and his brothers are big beef eaters.

I know there is a steak place at The Kemah Boardwalk, but it has been my experience that restaurants that are set in tourist zones like this are not always the best representation, but I could also be wrong. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We will be staying in Seabrook for a couple of nights before our cruise from the Bayport terminal. My question for people who know the area, where would there be a good steak/rib/smokehouse restaurant? It doesn't have to be within walking distance, but something say within 10 miles or so. Since we will be in Texas, I want to try a real Texan barbeque, and my husband and his brothers are big beef eaters.

I know there is a steak place at The Kemah Boardwalk, but it has been my experience that restaurants that are set in tourist zones like this are not always the best representation, but I could also be wrong. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Perry's but not walkable!

All the restaurants at Kemah are owned by Landrys!

Saltgrass Steak House

www.saltgrass.com

And eventhough a chain, food is consistently good .

The filet is excellent!

And at Kemah Boardwalk and walkable!

Edited by ssb

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with PPs about Kemah Boardwalk restaurants...but we had a good meal at T Bone Tomz BUT if you want really wonderful Texas BBQ, and have a car, I HIGHLY recommend...nay, DEMAND you go to Killan's BBQ in Pearland. They open at 11 but on the weekends the line starts forming around 9....they are open until they run out..usually mid afternoon. If you are here on a weekday, the lines aren't as long....