Dine-Around Plan?

CinWin

When trying to book specialty restaurants, Ship Services informed me that my booking included the above plan. My TA had previously told me that he gave me Canaletto and Tamarind dining (no mention of the term "Dine-Around"). So wondering what procedures take place to secure the reservations. Are the times and dates picked by the ship? My TA is not available today to enlighten me and not sure he even understands. :rolleyes:

Cindy

When trying to book specialty restaurants, Ship Services informed me that my booking included the above plan. My TA had previously told me that he gave me Canaletto and Tamarind dining (no mention of the term "Dine-Around"). So wondering what procedures take place to secure the reservations. Are the times and dates picked by the ship? My TA is not available today to enlighten me and not sure he even understands. :rolleyes:

Cindy

The Dine Around promotion was part of the Anniversary Sale perks, IIRC. It wasn't something that your TA got for you, it was available for anyone who booked within that promotion period. (I believe the promo ended in Jun/15; can't remember when it started but it was probably in March or April.) I have it as well for my cruise in April, which I booked before the Anniversary Sale promo ended.

I'm expecting to make my own reservations onboard. If you want a specific date/time for your specialty dining, I suggest that you pre-book, and pre-pay, to get what you want. Hopefully, once onboard, they may allow you to use that date/time for your Dine Around dinner and refund your pre-payment. However, they may not allow you to do that so you should be aware of that, should it occur.

I booked under the Anniversary Sale which included the dine around. I didn't receive any cards in my cabin on the first day, so I went to the PG and Canaletto and made my own reservations without any problems.

Our recent experience on the Maasdam was a bit different. There was an invitation for our Canaletto dinner but none for the PG when we boarded. I phoned and subsequently determined that there was indeed a reservation, but no invitation was being sent out. We returned to our cabin a few hours later and found a newly delivered invitation, but with a different (and preferred) time than the one given over the phone.

OP, although it's very unlikely, is there any possibility that in addition to the Dine-Around perk your TA also gave you a couple of dinners? As I say, unlikely, but I'm ever the optimist! :)

<snip>

OP, although it's very unlikely, is there any possibility that in addition to the Dine-Around perk your TA also gave you a couple of dinners? As I say, unlikely, but I'm ever the optimist! :)

Sounds to me like that might be the case. :)