Chef's Table Anthem

We have booked the Chef's table on our Nov 10th Anthem sailing. Just a couple questions:

-Is there a chance it won't go on if too few people book it?

-Is there a portion of it happening in the galley (like on Princess) or is it all taking place in a dining room?

- What dining room do they use?

Thanks.

We booked Chef's Table on Quantum. It was in a private room in the back of Chops Grille. Not sure about the cancellation if the turn-out is low, we had a hard time getting in at all because so many people had booked it. Best meal we had on the ship hands-down. They were VERY generous with the wine samples. Looking forward to also doing it on Anthem, hope the experience is comparable.

We booked Chef's Table on Quantum. It was in a private room in the back of Chops Grille. Not sure about the cancellation if the turn-out is low, we had a hard time getting in at all because so many people had booked it. Best meal we had on the ship hands-down. They were VERY generous with the wine samples. Looking forward to also doing it on Anthem, hope the experience is comparable.

Thanks! How dressed up were people? I notice they say on the website dress is "formal". Was it really? (I certainly don't mind if it is, but wouldn't want to be the only one really dressed up!)

We did it on both the Quantum and the Anthem.

No one dressed 'formal' on either but everyone did make an effort.

I wore a dressy top and trousers and my husband a jacket and tie ensemble.

The food was excellent on both however we had actual lobster tail on the Quantum but large prawns on the Anthem.

Both ships served the same menu but I think at least one of the wines was different on the Anthem as I had a couple of glasses! Also the cocktail that came with pudding was also different but both were yummy.

We really like the Chef Table experience for the food and the people and enjoyed it on both ships.

I will say it is not the same on the Q class ships as we have had on previous ships. There is no chef who comes out and introduces each course this is done by the Sommelier who also tells you about the wines.

The Sommelier was great and was actually the same chap who moved on to the Anthem from the Quantum after the TA and he remembered us!

We did it on both the Quantum and the Anthem.

No one dressed 'formal' on either but everyone did make an effort.

I wore a dressy top and trousers and my husband a jacket and tie ensemble.

The food was excellent on both however we had actual lobster tail on the Quantum but large prawns on the Anthem.

Both ships served the same menu but I think at least one of the wines was different on the Anthem as I had a couple of glasses! Also the cocktail that came with pudding was also different but both were yummy.

We really like the Chef Table experience for the food and the people and enjoyed it on both ships.

I will say it is not the same on the Q class ships as we have had on previous ships. There is no chef who comes out and introduces each course this is done by the Sommelier who also tells you about the wines.

The Sommelier was great and was actually the same chap who moved on to the Anthem from the Quantum after the TA and he remembered us!

I bet that "we" will get lobster when the Anthem reaches New Jersey! ;) :D

Oooh I wonder if it's the same one who was on our Quantum sailing (Feb 2 2015). He was AMAZING. I don't remember his name but he was very knowledgable and entertaining. If it is the same person, I hope he will also be on Anthem when we sail in Jan!

That might be him, hard to say because if it is he didn't have facial hair at the time. Where was he from? I can't make it out on the name tag.

Don't quote me but I think it's Argentina.

• 2 weeks later...
We're booked on anthem's 6/16/16 cruise. How far out should I book for the Chef's Table? Now, or do I have to wait until later?

If book it now. I know you have to pre-pay, so can't use OBC etc, but at least you can choose your day, and confirm your place.

If book it now. I know you have to pre-pay, so can't use OBC etc, but at least you can choose your day, and confirm your place.

The initial look-in to this from RCL rep - "you have to wait until you're at least 90 days out from the cruise to begin special bookings."

That makes me want to call back, but I haven't done that yet.

The initial look-in to this from RCL rep - "you have to wait until you're at least 90 days out from the cruise to begin special bookings."

That makes me want to call back, but I haven't done that yet.

I booked mine 11 months out. While you will likely get other reservations at specialty restaurants onboard and can use OBC, I wouldn't wait on chef's table.

I booked mine 11 months out. While you will likely get other reservations at specialty restaurants onboard and can use OBC, I wouldn't wait on chef's table.

I checked again; still not available yet for booking.

My husband and I will be traveling on Anthem with our children next summer to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. We were planning on having dinner one night by ourselves. Originally we were planning to book Wonderland, but I wonder if the Chef's Table would be a better choice. We are not necessarily looking for a romantic evening- just enjoyable food without the kids. We are foodies so I think either would be a good choice.

What is the price difference between Wonderland and Chef's Table? Any suggestions for which one would be a better choice?

Hi Gigi.

I can't remember the actual price difference but chefs table will be considerably more, and for good reason.

The food is excellent and has wine pairing. I don't normally drink wine but it really added to the whole experience.

Wonderland is another great experience but for me it was more about the "gimmick" of food experimentation.

My advice - do both. Sorry, I know that's not much help!

Gigi,

We did Chef's Table on Quantum and Grandeur. Both were different, delightful and delicious! On Quantum and Anthem it is called PRIME TABLE. We are booked for PT on Anthem while in Jamaica on Dec 4. We also enjoyed Wonderland on Quantum and we booked it again also on our B2B.

For a dinner for your 20th, I would choose Prime Table for that very special dining experience. For a magical mystery cuisine tour, Wonderland works well.

If you must choose, do both. After all, it is your 20th anniversary! We let the Wonderland waiter have a free hand in choosing our meal. He questioned us about allergies, preferences, likes and dislikes, etc. We then enjoyed one surprise after another! Quite the delight!

Enjoy your anniversary family cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Gigi.

I can't remember the actual price difference but chefs table will be considerably more, and for good reason.

The food is excellent and has wine pairing. I don't normally drink wine but it really added to the whole experience.

Wonderland is another great experience but for me it was more about the "gimmick" of food experimentation.

My advice - do both. Sorry, I know that's not much help!

Thank you. That was very helpful. I will definitely book the Chef's Table. I told my husband about it and he thought it sounded good. He's not a big wine drinker but liked the idea of wine pairings. We love to meet new people, so the Chef's Table sounds like it's exactly what we are looking for.

I may book Wonderland too:)