Disembarkation in Fort Lauderdale

artvlay

Going on a Regal Princess Cruise in November. On average, what time should we get off the ship if we take our own luggage?

Usually before 8AM unless there is a problem with US Immigration not enough officers . Also if it's a week end and 5 or more ships are in port you could be delayed.

Going on a Regal Princess Cruise in November. On average, what time should we get off the ship if we take our own luggage?

Normally you will receive a questionnaire regarding your travel plans on disembarkation day. If you do not have specific arrangements you can basically get off whenever you desire as long as the ship has cleared.

Edited by Ereggae

Normally you will receive a questionnaire regarding your travel plans on disembarkation day. If you do not have specific arrangements you can basically get off whenever you desire as long as the ship has cleared.

Um, let's try that again:

If not constrained by time or transportation deadlines you can sign up for whatever disembarkation group you desire. But you may not get off the ship until that group is called. Big difference to what was said above.

As to the OP's question, you should assume the first self-carry group to be around 7:30 to 8:00 though there are frequent reports that it starts earlier. And you are expected to be off the ship at that time; dawdling with all your luggage until after regular disembarkation groups have begun to be called is quite disruptive to the process.

We have never disembarked as early as our assigned group and have walked off when the time suited - usually between large groups. Never waited to card out more than a few seconds. Downstairs experience with customs lines has varied from almost no wait to 10 - 15 minutes.

We have never attempted to disembark ahead of assigned time. For some reason, we always seem to get an early time regardless of the information we submit. I don't need to be off the ship in PE at 7:00am to catch an 11:30am flight at FLL.

I used to ask about changing times and PSD said fine to leave when we want (since we only have carry on). I don't even ask anymore, so we have breakfast and my wife enjoys a coffee at IC. Take our time. Catch the taxi. Away we go. I'd rather have the rush of people gone ahead if I am not beating it at 7:00am.

Edited by steelers36

We were on Regal last March. Did self disembarkation. Took a cab to embassy suites to get our car. We were in our car and on the road by 0715. Would have been quicker but the very first passenger in line at customs had an issue which held up the whole process for 10 minutes. This passenger was finally cleared and two more lines were opened.

I do not believe that's the case with Princess. I know with RCCL, it was like it. We can get off the ship at any time. But Princess will ask you to wait for specific time, even if you are walking off with your bags.

I do not believe that's the case with Princess. I know with RCCL, it was like it. We can get off the ship at any time. But Princess will ask you to wait for specific time, even if you are walking off with your bags.

Always received a disembarkation questionoire from Princess. All self disembarkation are expected to off before the rest start.

Received same Notice but for a different date

Haven't received notice, but looks like Princess is working to officially change the arrival time - perhaps to facilitate more early flight departures and perhaps to give them more time for the changeover and get folks boarding sooner (yippee).

IMO they often arrive unofficially ahead of the 7:00am time anyway.

All self disembarkation are expected to off before the rest start.

Can't give an average, but when we disembarked the Royal last January, the first walkoff was scheduled for 6:30 AM after a scheduled 6 AM arrival.

There were four walkoff groups. As stated, the first was scheduled at 6:30. The last was scheduled for 7:00 AM.

Almost a week ago, I got off Crown Princess in LA. We were not the last group off the ship. And we were scheduled to depart at 10:15. FLL could be different, but...

It is different. Two completely different ports and possibly many more ships in town.

Latest disembarkation is around 10:00 a.m. for the person who asked.

To the OP, try not to schedule a flight before 10:30 or 11. Better safe than sorry.