Questions about the Constellation

wesport

Just booked a five day cruise on the Constellation using the AMEX offer. I have several questions about this ship in particular.

How is the internet speed??? don't really need it for five days, but have OBC to spend.

Can you book the 3 specialty restaurant package on board? I got an email from X , but would rather wait until onboard the ship.

Booked a guarantee and have a cabin already. #8040. Thoughts!

Richard from Fort Lauderdale

There are lots of thoughts on the internet.

My experience on Connie, last year, it was awful, I couldn't hardly get emails to come in let alone go out.

This year I was on a TA to rome. I was able to log in daily and log in using Remote Desktop Connect to my home PC and work on it, and if you know RDC sometimes it can be painfully slow on land. I was surprised. I worked an hour or so every day as we crossed. I found it perfectly reliable and acceptable this year.

Here's a reference about the dining program, Connie is the 1st ship listed.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11024491_CEL_SpecialtyDiningPck_Flyer2.pdf

They don't always offer the packages, so you may have to ask. I know I did get a 3 restaurant package on one of my 5 night connie sailings in the past, but that was 2013.

Honestly, you may find you can personally negotiate better deals yourself once on board. It's quite common to dine in Ocean Liners one night, pay full price, then ask for a 50% discount to come back. And getting a discount inTuscan isn't too hard either just for asking, 30% is an easy ask and get. Talk to your Maitre'd at the 1st restaurant you dine with to see what they can do for you. The dining package is a savings of 24%.

Just recently off Constellation and can say the internet was pretty slow and speed was hit and miss. My major issue was the logging off the WiFi connection using the specified URL on iPads and iPhones. It didn't always work first time and you could find you were still connected. I visited the iLounge and the rep there could see my online history and could see that I never logged on for more than 5 -10 mins at a time so a duration of 35 minutes was unusual and credited me back the time.

As for dining packages, we were offered a package of 1 dinner in Ocean Liners, 1 in Tuscan Grill and 1 in Bistro on Five for a 31% discount off the normal cost for these 3 of $105 down to $72. The only condition was that the reservations for Ocean Liners and Tuscan Grill had to be on port days which wasn't an issue for us.

We were also offered a 2nd visit to Tuscan Grill later in the cruise for $36 pp instead of the normal $45.

Edited by peteukmcr

• 1 month later...

We are a large group soon to sail on the Constellation. Our TA reserved a couple of large tables every night in the MDR for our group at a specific time. My question is if some or all of us decide to use one of the other restaurants during our sailing, is this permitted by Celebrity? This is my first time on Celebrity.:)

We are a large group soon to sail on the Constellation. Our TA reserved a couple of large tables every night in the MDR for our group at a specific time. My question is if some or all of us decide to use one of the other restaurants during our sailing, is this permitted by Celebrity? This is my first time on Celebrity.:)

Absolutely. Let your waiter in the MDR know you won't be at dinner, as a courtesy.

Just booked a five day cruise on the Constellation using the AMEX offer. I have several questions about this ship in particular.

How is the internet speed??? don't really need it for five days, but have OBC to spend.

Can you book the 3 specialty restaurant package on board? I got an email from X , but would rather wait until onboard the ship.

Booked a guarantee and have a cabin already. #8040. Thoughts!

Richard from Fort Lauderdale

The internet was painfully slow. My husband and I each had 90 free minutes and joked that we used them all up logging on and off and waiting.

We waited until we boarded to book the specialty restaurants. We started with the 3 night package and they threw in a 4th night for $11 more. We felt Ocean Liner was fabulous and Tuscan Grille was good.

Also, if the menu in the dining room doesn't appeal to you don't forget the buffet is open at night and it's a lot less hectic than daytime and the sushi is great!

Enjoy your cruise!

Just off the Connie. The internet was slow & I agree that sometimes it was difficult to sign off.

Upon boarding we booked 2 specialty restaurants at a discount. IOHO, we thought Tuscan Grill was great & Ocean Liners had declined (we had lobster that was only fair).