Oceania loyalty program is awful

cassandra44

Are you saying you took 10 cruises that cost under 10,000 each or that you got 10 cruises for 10,000 total spent. The cheapest I have seen 10 day cruises or 7 days without air, are $1600-1700 pp.. If you squeezed that good and got 10 cruises for 2 for 10K or under you are the guy... One serious dude...

I guess I should have said "$10,000 per person per cruise".

All that credit card stuff you do is great but too complicated for me. Furthermore, most of the cards you use are not available to Canadians.

Mo

FWIW - Seabourn bases its complimentary cruise awards on the number of days you have sailed and not the number of cruises you must take. To quote the Seabourn website: "Seabourn Club Milestone Awards feature a complimentary cruise of up to seven days when a Club account reaches 140 Redeemable Sailed Days, or a complimentary cruise of up to 14 days when 250 Redeemable Sailed Days is reached. Guests earn one Redeemable Sailed Day for each eligible day sailed on a Seabourn cruise."

So, essentially Oceania is twice as rewarding as Seabourn.

Theoretically, if you take 19 cruises of 7 days on Oceania you will have 133 days of cruising (or 19 cruise credits on O). That would give you a free 14 day cruise on O and almost a 7 day free cruise on Seabourn. After 20 more 7 day cruises you would have 273 days - enough for a 14 day free cruise on Seabourn but already your second 14 day free cruise on O :)

You people sure do like to keep score. Just try to go for the pure pleasure of each trip and stop counting. I honestly don't know how many total cruises I have taken, and I really don't care.

If that attitude works for YOU and makes YOU happy, it's OK with me. I do what makes ME happy but I don't tell others what to do - they can decide for themselves.

To each their own :)

So, essentially Oceania is twice as rewarding as Seabourn.

Theoretically, if you take 19 cruises of 7 days on Oceania you will have 133 days of cruising (or 19 cruise credits on O). That would give you a free 14 day cruise on O and almost a 7 day free cruise on Seabourn. After 20 more 7 day cruises you would have 273 days - enough for a 14 day free cruise on Seabourn but already your second 14 day free cruise on O :)

What we like is that we can take cruises of any length, as it is the number of days that matter with Seabourn and not the number of cruises. Actually, we have never factored getting credits of any kind into our travel arrangements. We just wanted to mention how the Seabourn Club works its program.

What we like is that we can take cruises of any length, as it is the number of days that matter with Seabourn and not the number of cruises. Actually, we have never factored getting credits of any kind into our travel arrangements. We just wanted to mention how the Seabourn Club works its program.

I for one appreciate the information. The cruise lines can set these things up as they wish. I don't object to O's way of doing it nor do I object to Seabourn's. And I don't know about any other line so that's irrelevant.

Personally, I think I would prefer Seabourn's one day paid for one day free. But since we have time built up on Oceania, we'll try to get to 20 cruises there.

And no, I'm not about to start getting 7 day cruises so I can get up there. I prefer cruises of at least 14 days. If that costs me, it costs me!

Mura

[/u]=Silver Sweethearts;48067239]What we like is that we can take cruises of any length, as it is the number of days that matter with Seabourn and not the number of cruises. Actually, we have never factored getting credits of any kind into our travel arrangements. We just wanted to mention how the Seabourn Club works its program.

I understand your point and your preference.

We do not cruise on O because of the loyaty program - we cruise with them because we prefer them overall. The good loyalty program is just a nice bonus (and I think it's the best in the industry)

If we liked a different cruise line better than Oceania, we would mostly cruise with them even if their loyalty program was not that good. It's mostly about enjoying one's cruising experience to the max and feeling that you are getting your money's worth.

Edited by Paulchili

[/u]=Silver Sweethearts;48067239]

I understand your point and your preference.

We do not cruise on O because of the loyaty program - we cruise with them because we prefer them overall. The good loyalty program is just a nice bonus (and I don't mean only the free cruises)

If we liked a different cruise line better than Oceania, we would mostly cruise with them even if their loyalty program was not that good (or even non-existent). It's mostly about enjoying one's cruising experience to the max and feeling that you are getting your money's worth.

Paul,

Totally agree but then some people need something to quibble about.

We are taking our 20th cruise with Oceania in February. I would guess that we have averaged closer to $5000 per person per cruise over the years rather than a $10k figure. We also have enjoyed the added value of the perks we have acquired along the way.

We would continue to book trips on Oceania even if there was no meaningful loyalty program; but I obviously like the program just the way it is!

Are you saying you took 10 cruises that cost under 10,000 each or that you got 10 cruises for 10,000 total spent. The cheapest I have seen 10 day cruises or 7 days without air, are $1600-1700 pp.. If you squeezed that good and got 10 cruises for 2 for 10K or under you are the guy... One serious dude...

All that credit card stuff you do is great but too complicated for me. Furthermore, most of the cards you use are not available to Canadians.

Mo

..... Its not the least complicated it just requires for thought and a plan..... when through simple day today living you are able to get $15,000 to $18,000.00 real dollar value tickets... If you saw $15,000.00 laying in the gutter would you stop and pick it up?

Your belief that its not worth is sadly what the popular myth a self fulfilling prophecy is that its too much and somehow and ordeal. Sad that Canada has such restrictive opportunity that much of the rest of the world enjoys freely. Did you try a getting a US address or a UK???

Me,I gotta, being retired and not having either a trust fund or $100,000 monthly income.... I am sometimes forced to drive my own car

Paul,

Totally agree but then some people need something to quibble about.

Not us. We love O and would cruise without any programs. Have 2 cruises booked in the next 8 months and one day if we are lucky will get a free cruise. :):)