Anthem of the Seas maiden arrival to Cape Liberty

I'm on the Anthem TA right now, experiencing all the fun that a late fall crossing of the North Atlantic has to offer. (That would include 20 foot seas and hurricane force winds.):) The Captain says we'll be at the Statue of Liberty at 4AM on Wednesday, and docked at 5AM.

There's been no mention on board that this is an inaugural crossing, no celebration, no hoopla, no nothing. I think it's a big deal for a ship to cross the Atlantic for the first time, and it surprises me that RCI so far has ignored this.

Well, they are heavily discounting the "inaugural season" merchandise in the store. :rolleyes: :)

Look for me waving on deck at 4AM on Wednesday. I'll be the one in the warm coat. :)

There was little fanfare by Royal when Quantum came last year as well, which was an even bigger deal because Quantum was the first "smart" ship as well as the first new ship to be home ported in NJ in many years. But there were several of us die hard cruisers there to welcome her.

Edited by yj2cute

Captain Claus just announced that helicopters will be flying around for our arrival tomorrow (photo ops!), and he asked guests in exterior cabins to turn all their lights on, as the ship will look better.

There will be food served on the upper decks starting at 3AM, and we are supposed to sail under the Verrazano at 3:30. Not much sleep tonight (although we will have our final time change).

Thanks for the photos. It was so beautiful out on deck at 3AM -- we got really lucky with the weather for our arrival. The ship was playing just about every New York themed song you can think of, tons of folks were up on deck, and the sail past the Statue of Liberty was magnificent, even for me as a native New Yorker. I can only imagine how first time visitors to the States felt.

Thanks for the photos. It was so beautiful out on deck at 3AM -- we got really lucky with the weather for our arrival. The ship was playing just about every New York themed song you can think of, tons of folks were up on deck, and the sail past the Statue of Liberty was magnificent, even for me as a native New Yorker. I can only imagine how first time visitors to the States felt.

I was driving to the port on the NJ Turnpike Hudson County Extension. East bound there is a bit of a decline. When I was at the top I could see the SOL brightly lit up and I could see Anthem shining so bright! I could see the North Star extended as well. I really wish I could have been aboard at that time. I'm sure it was spectacular!

Anyone know sailing time (EST) today?

Possibly 3:00. That's the scheduled departure for all of her up coming sailings.

Possibly 3:00. That's the scheduled departure for all of her up coming sailings.

Hope it's in daylight.

Matt of RoyalC......blog.com is going on the second two-nighter leaving Friday and he says 8pm departure, so we'll see !

Our Son just got Married Sunday (they got engaged on a RCI ship!) He and his new Bride Kristen will be sailing on the 11/10 cruise. So excited for them, and jealous!

Edited by MACE

Our Son just got Married Sunday (they got engaged on a RCI ship!) He and his new Bride Kristen will be sailing on the 11/10 cruise. So excited for them, and jealous!

Glad to know we won't be the only Honeymooners on board the Nov 10th Anthem sailing! We got married on the 24th. And oddly enough...my name is Cristin too.

Hopefully we will get to meet them!

Glad to know we won't be the only Honeymooners on board the Nov 10th Anthem sailing! We got married on the 24th. And oddly enough...my name is Cristin too.

Be sure to sign up for the Newlywed/Not-so-newlywed game (or whatever they call it on RCL). And remember that "the balcony" is always a crowd pleasing answer.

Sorry, I could not resist. And congratulations! We were originally going to be on that cruise but switched to January a while ago.

• 2 weeks later...
You won't be able to get on board but they can't stop you from going to the port. I gather there must be free (?) short term parking there since they have the 9/11 memorial nearby.

We went to watch Quantum sail out for the last time. We parked right there, No charge.

It was so nice to have a few hardy folks there to welcome us from the TA, since RCI seemed to treat it as No big deal.

When Quantum sailed into NY, we were all on desk early. Champagne, New York State of Mind blasting out, helicopters film our arrival, special permission to sail past Statue of Liberty. It was incredible.

5a580f3445c6f1daf303847e0ac1370e.jpg

2c7e4b703af68eba0a2ff581c876ac47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice shot!